How should healthcare by paid and whom should be required to pay for it?

xotoxi

Platinum Member
Mar 1, 2009
Yuurmaam
I posted this in another thread that was talking about illegal immigrants getting healthcare paid for by the government, but I wanted to shift gears a little and talk about WHO should pay for healthcare for citizens.

Do you think that the federal laws should be changed that mandate that emergency rooms treat all patients regardless of their ability to pay (EMTALA)?

Maybe ERs should adopt pre-pay policies. You tell them what your problem is, you pay cash (or credit card, money order, bank check) and then you can see the doctor. If he recommends a CT scan, you lay down $1K and the picture will be taken.

If you are in an accident and you are unconscious, just a few simple calls to your bank and your funds will be wired...then you can be seen.

There are some hospitals in this country that exclusively see people on government insurance or the poor who cannot pay anything. If the government did not help them, they would not exist.

We are no longer talking about illegal immigrants. We are talking about natural-born citizen. We are talking about you.

I posted this in another thread that was talking about illegal immigrants getting healthcare paid for by the government, but I wanted to shift gears a little and talk about WHO should pay for healthcare for citizens.

Do you think that the federal laws should be changed that mandate that emergency rooms treat all patients regardless of their ability to pay (EMTALA)?

Maybe ERs should adopt pre-pay policies. You tell them what your problem is, you pay cash (or credit card, money order, bank check) and then you can see the doctor. If he recommends a CT scan, you lay down $1K and the picture will be taken.

If you are in an accident and you are unconscious, just a few simple calls to your bank and your funds will be wired...then you can be seen.

There are some hospitals in this country that exclusively see people on government insurance or the poor who cannot pay anything. If the government did not help them, they would not exist.

We are no longer talking about illegal immigrants. We are talking about natural-born citizen. We are talking about you.

Let every citizen charge it if they have to and make all debts to hospitals public records. Anyone interested in helping someone with a medical bill can earmark a contribution to a specific person. Then we'll see who is running up everyone's tab and who is truly willing to help out a sick person in need.

• Thanks
Reactions: Vel

They already treat any patient who shows up in the emergency rooms, regardless if they are illegals, do or do not have insurance, or have any money. It's the oath that all health care providers take, no one is turned away from getting the health care that they need, no one!!!! That's why your President lied, when he stated, " That people are dying everyday because of a lack of health care. " That's pure unadulterated B.S. We already pay through the medicaid program.

Never will happen, remember the oath. They will never deny health care due to lack of funds.

Again, they will never deny care to ANYONE, the oath.

They all see anyone who shows up in their emergency rooms, NO ONE IS DENIED CARE.

LET ME REPEAT MYSELF AGAIN, JUST IN CASE YOU DON'T GET IT YET. HEALTH CARE PROVIDERS HAVE TAKEN AN OATH AND THEY ALWAYS STAND BY THAT OATH, NO ONE- NO-ONE- NO ONE IS DENIED HEALTH CARE, NOT EVER, NEVER, NEVER. Get it now????

They already treat any patient who shows up in the emergency rooms, regardless if they are illegals, do or do not have insurance, or have any money. It's the oath that all health care providers take, no one is turned away from getting the health care that they need, no one!!!! That's why your President lied, when he stated, " That people are dying everyday because of a lack of health care. " That's pure unadulterated B.S. We already pay through the medicaid program.

Never will happen, remember the oath. They will never deny health care due to lack of funds.

They all see anyone who shows up in their emergency rooms, NO ONE IS DENIED CARE.

LET ME REPEAT MYSELF AGAIN, JUST IN CASE YOU DON'T GET IT YET. HEALTH CARE PROVIDERS HAVE TAKEN AN OATH AND THEY ALWAYS STAND BY THAT OATH, NO ONE- NO-ONE- NO ONE IS DENIED HEALTH CARE, NOT EVER, NEVER, NEVER. Get it now????

Maybe we will change our oath.

How you like them apples?

Let every citizen charge it if they have to and make all debts to hospitals public records. Anyone interested in helping someone with a medical bill can earmark a contribution to a specific person. Then we'll see who is running up everyone's tab and who is truly willing to help out a sick person in need.
Those closed records do allow for abuse of the system at times.

I think you have different problems in different areas as far as cost are concerned. I have had to have the same procedure done in two different instances. One on the right side and then a few years later the left side. The cost for the first on the right was well under six thousand. It was done in a day clinic and a friend's wife a nurse took care of me in her home that night. Went back to the doctors office in the morning. Same done on left side and a small lesion taken off four years later at a university hospital cost was almost forty thousand. They kept me in hospital for three days.

Do you believe in the philosophy from each according to his ability to each according to his need?

It happens all the time, so you are lying. Next.

Only if I am the one gets to judge people's needs and abilities. Otherwise, we will have to leave the to our elected legislatures. Have you all been informed and voting lately?

who will pay the bill dillo, if one without means or very good insurance is in an accident and hospitalized with numerable surgeries adding up to $250,000-$500,000?

That does not have to be violated if you just administrativly make sure that no illegal aliens get past the door.

Does it matter? You, Care4All and all of your misbegotten selfish friend freaks, are going to work with the rest of us to make the U.S.A. a caring, compassionate nation taking care of its own.

Don't like it?

Move, but pay your taxes first, please.

... but I wanted to shift gears a little and talk about WHO should pay for healthcare for citizens..

Under the original US Constitution the government had no authority to Tax "A" in order to Support "B".

But under the Welfare/Warfare State Constitution of 1935 the federal government is authorized to use its standing armies to force "A" to be charitable to "B".

Theis new motto is "Yes, we can be parasites".

.:eek:

I want to know what you think. You're the doctor here. You are probably in the best position to give a "diagnosis!"

Is that like the so-called oath attorneys take? For many it really does not mean diddly squat. Honor is an old fashion theory or concept that no longer applies for many professions. Not to say it is right or the way it should be, that is the way it is here.

How should healthcare by paid and whom should be required to pay for it? .

I personally believe the person who has the need should pay for it. For the indigent, the taxpayers should pay. When not even the middle class can pay, however, lower quality care will be necessary since not even the healthcare providers can remain competitive. This is when the government gets involved to shoulder more responsibility for health care financing, but this can have the negative effect of debts spiralling out of control as we've seen with Medicare and Social Security. Of course, more government intervention invariably leads to higher costs, so it becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy. In the end, we'll have government run healthcare whose debts, along with other entitlement program debts, will bankrupt America. Have a great day!

Forum List

Back