How powerful would god need to be?

You confuse creation and creator. There's nothing "higher" than god - also time is not higher. God is [able to be] timeless. Time is his creation. Every existence is his creation. So when we take all existence away - what stays? Nothing! And let me beg your pardon, but: I am not a theologian. Somehow I "hate" theology (and moral). Most people have "moral" only as rules for others. I'm only a simple Christian - a Catholic like all other Catholics and never I would like to be anything else then any other simple Catholic. But let me say theologically: No one has to understand god, who likes to love him. We see what he made and he made everything beautiful. God is beauty on his own. And love is the bridge which is able to make the nothing, which separates us from god and others, to a nothing, which connects us with god and others.
The final state of fact is objective truth. Objective truth is reality. Reality is existence. Ergo, God the Father, God the Son and God the Spirit are existence. Space and time are his creation.
no comment

Last edited:
You confuse creation and creator.

I don't see how I am. The painter is not the painting.

Jesus?
He's not the painting either. He is God the Son; the Word made flesh.

no comment
Not even an agreement?

You confuse creation and creator. There's nothing "higher" than god - also time is not higher. God is [able to be] timeless. Time is his creation. Every existence is his creation. So when we take all existence away - what stays? Nothing! And let me beg your pardon, but: I am not a theologian. Somehow I "hate" theology (and moral). Most people have "moral" only as rules for others. I'm only a simple Christian - a Catholic like all other Catholics and never I would like to be anything else then any other simple Catholic. But let me say theologically: No one has to understand god, who likes to love him. We see what he made and he made everything beautiful. God is beauty on his own. And love is the bridge which is able to make the nothing, which separates us from god and others, to a nothing, which connects us with god and others.
The final state of fact is objective truth. Objective truth is reality. Reality is existence. Ergo, God the Father, God the Son and God the Spirit are existence. Space and time are his creation.
no comment
Not even an agreement?

If the sentence "god made everything out of nothing" is true then existed nothing before god made the worlds.
Space and time (aka our existence) is not his existence, so I cannot agree that nothing existed before space and time were created. Only that our existence did not exist before space and time were created. Which BTW science tells us that the matter in our bodies were present for the creation of space and time.

Was space and time created from nothing? Good question. I believe that space and time were willed into existence. I believe that Mind, rather than emerging as a late outgrowth in the evolution of life, has existed always as the matrix, the source and condition of physical reality - that the stuff of which physical reality is composed is mind-stuff. It is Mind that has composed a physical universe that breeds life, and so eventually evolves creatures that know and create.

If the sentence "god made everything out of nothing" is true then existed nothing before god made the worlds.
Space and time (aka our existence) is not his existence, so I cannot agree that nothing existed before space and time were created. Only that our existence did not exist before space and time were created. Which BTW science tells us that the matter in our bodies were present for the creation of space and time.

Was space and time created from nothing? Good question. I believe that space and time were willed into existence. I believe that Mind, rather than emerging as a late outgrowth in the evolution of life, has existed always as the matrix, the source and condition of physical reality - that the stuff of which physical reality is composed is mind-stuff. It is Mind that has composed a physical universe that breeds life, and so eventually evolves creatures that know and create.

What exactly do you like to hear from me? I was not inaccurate with my words. What you say here has with nothing anything to do what I said.

What exactly do you like to hear from me? I was not inaccurate with my words. What you say here has with nothing anything to do what I said.
OK, you have a nice day.

OK, you have a nice day.
Thanks.

Last edited:
I'm agnostic, I see no proof yet of god,

Agnosticism is a philosophy. You are an atheist who is not able to see that his atheism is "only" a special form of belief. Atheism is by the way also not a reason for anything in natural science.

Stephen Hawking also has found no proof of god, no other reason.

Stephen Hawking is an atheist and if I would be in his position then I guess I would share his atheism. And the word "prove" in this context here is only a method of natural science. God is not an element of a theory of natural science. He created all worlds. You would need a science of "singularity" of "individuality" or "originality" ... and so on ... if you like to "prove" god.
I'll take probably any proof that Stephen Hawkind would accept.

No idea why.

Atheist, imo, is a rejection of the concept of god. I see no proof to reject the possibility of a god. I'm more in the middle,

Good grief. Why is everyone in the English speaking world an idiot? What's the middle between god and not-god?
Because Stephen Hawkind is a smart scientist and I respect what he says and agree with his science, even if down the road something gets proven to be different, he's at least looking seriously, and in the right direction.

I'm not between god... your god has yet to be proven, so I'm really in the same place you are, because you can't prove god either.

Socrates logically concluded that a supreme God had to exist. Part of his proof was the fact that humans could conceive of perfection even though we had never experienced it on this earth. Therefore, we must have brought that concept with us when we were born. We were in a place where perfection existed before we were born on earth.

And, if we were in a place where perfection existed before we got here, it would be logical to conclude that we will return to that place when we leave here.
If Socrates means that the place we came from and are going to is called god, then ok. But it's not logical that what Socrates describes leads to an invisible being who created us and cares what we do.

God should be powerful enough that it wouldn't need a book to be accepted.

Then the whole idea of Faith would be destroyed. This life is a test of Faith and the ability to do Right, even when Wrong is easier and more pleasant.
Then the whole idea of Faith would be destroyed. This life is a test of Faith and the ability to do Right, even when Wrong is easier and more pleasant.

nothing could be further from the truth, this life is about finding the truth, faith may be a means at various times during the search but in the end the discoveries are what matter. 10,000 pg books of forgeries has nothing to do with access and admission to the Everlasting.

You have an opinion what this life is all about, and that makes it your truth. Your truth is no better than anyone else's opinion about what this life is all about.

Many of you seem to believe that you have all the answers when none of you even know what all the questions are.

You cannot even prove that this universe existed before you woke up this morning. Perhaps you are just a tiny part of some cosmic game and it was just turned on.
Logically, there is a final state of fact which exists for all things. And once it is discovered it will be known it was always that way, even when it was believed to be otherwise. And it will always remain that way. Therefore, (objective) truth is eternal and unchanging. And this everyone understands to be God.
God the place or god the bible guy?

You're one of the few, if not the only one, who can admit that you really have nothing to go on, except that that's what you choose to believe.

I wouldn't say I have nothing to go on; but i will agree that the evidence is not of a solid, physical nature that would be obvious to others.
AWWWW! You almost had it there. Ok, so what are you going on?

God is all knowing and all powerful and all loving. You think He wouldn’t care about the happiness of His children?

That’s why He created this earth. That’s why He died for our sins. That’s why He gives us commandments. Because He wants us to be happy and is teaching how to become so.

It would be easy for such a powerful god to heal people that were suffering.
It would be easy for such a powerful god to stop hungry and sadness
It would be easy for such a powerful god to bring peace to this little planet

He could bring peace to this planet in moments. I don’t think you’d like it though because it would involve eliminating you and every other wicked person on this planet

He has offered to heal you but you won’t come to Him and be healed.

He had blessed us with work to feed ourselves and our family

God is all knowing and all powerful and all loving. You think He wouldn’t care about the happiness of His children?

That’s why He created this earth. That’s why He died for our sins. That’s why He gives us commandments. Because He wants us to be happy and is teaching how to become so.
Because He wants us to be happy and is teaching how to become so.

you're not happy, that's your problem not theirs, they do not teach happiness. you need to find it yourself to even be judged, try not reading those forged books and their false likenesses ...

Jesus?
So Jesus was sent by your invisible BIG GUY for real? What proof do you have that that was the case?

You are not able to demonstrate in a better way that you do not have only a little lousy idea what you try to speak about. You don't have a good idea about science nor a good idea about religion at all. You could also be a parrot crying the whole time: "I'm Dawkins parrot. The most intelligent atheist of the world." ... To like to have physical answers on spiritual questions is as stupid as to like to have religious answers on physical problems. Same with biology. Example: A wavelength of 500 THz is for example "orange". But we are not able to say "spiritually" orange+orange is ultraviolett - orange is just simple orange - and it exists only colors which are more orange and less orange. We "calculate" this color in many different ways. The real color "orange" has in general 'only' a psychological quality. Perhaps you should try to understand why the genius Gustav Theodor Fechner spoke once about that the moon is made out of iodine or green cheese. Although this was only a satire showed this satire that we are able to use our knowledge about the methods of science in a perfect way - and say nevertheless in the end only bullshit. And you do not even try to find the correct way how to use scientific methods. I don't have have any idea how a scientist seriously could expect someone is able to put god under a microscope and reduce him in this way to a subject of biology or physics. How stupid are people who like to have such a proof and say on their own everyone is an idiot who is not able to do?

Last edited:

Jesus?
So Jesus was sent by your invisible BIG GUY for real? What proof do you have that that was the case?

You are not able to demonstrate in a better way that you do not have only a little lousy idea what you try to speak about. You don't have a good idea about science nor a good idea about religion at all. You could also be a parrot crying the whole time: "I'm Dawkins parrot. The most intelligent atheist of the world." ... To like to have physical answers on spiritual questions is as stupid as to like to have religious answers on physical problems. Same with biology. Example: A wavelength of 500 THz is for example "orange". But we are not able to say "spiritually" orange+orange is ultraviolett - orange is just simple orange - and it exists only colors which are more orange and less orange. We "calculate" this color in many different ways. The real color "orange" has in general 'only' a psychological quality. Perhaps you should try to understand why the genius Gustav Theodor Fechner spoke once about that the moon is made out of iodine or green cheese. Although this was only a satire showed this satire that we are able to use our knowledge about the methods of science in a perfect way - and say nevertheless in the end only bullshit. And you do not even try to find the correct way how to use scientific methods. I don't have have any idea how a scientist seriously could expect someone is able to put god under a microscope and reduce him in this way to a subject of biology or physics. How stupid are people who like to have such a proof and say on their own everyone is an idiot who is not able to do?

Is this your way of saying that you don't have a real answer?

God should be powerful enough that it wouldn't need a book to be accepted.

nothing could be further from the truth, this life is about finding the truth, faith may be a means at various times during the search but in the end the discoveries are what matter. 10,000 pg books of forgeries has nothing to do with access and admission to the Everlasting.

You have an opinion what this life is all about, and that makes it your truth. Your truth is no better than anyone else's opinion about what this life is all about.

Many of you seem to believe that you have all the answers when none of you even know what all the questions are.

You cannot even prove that this universe existed before you woke up this morning. Perhaps you are just a tiny part of some cosmic game and it was just turned on.
Logically, there is a final state of fact which exists for all things. And once it is discovered it will be known it was always that way, even when it was believed to be otherwise. And it will always remain that way. Therefore, (objective) truth is eternal and unchanging. And this everyone understands to be God.
God the place or god the bible guy?
God the Father

Jesus?
100%.

>24,000 written transcripts

My turn, what proof do you have that that wasn't the case?

Forum List

Back