How "pitiful" is the Republican Presidential field?

rightwinger

Award Winning USMB Paid Messageboard Poster
Aug 4, 2009
How 'pitiful' is the Republican presidential field? - The Week

According to public opinion polls, the field is currently "quite weak." Only two likely Republican contenders — Mike Huckabee and Mitt Romney — have positive favorability ratings. Sarah Palin and Newt Gingrich have "especially poor" ratings, in the negative double digits. Is the 2012 GOP field, as The Atlantic's Andrew Sullivan puts it, irredeemably "pitiful?"

The GOP field is weak: These numbers are "bad news for Republicans," says Jim Lindgren in The Volokh Conspiracy. Some of the GOP contenders could make "better than average presidents," but "I see no one who as yet looks to be a better than average candidate." If this is the best the GOP can muster, "President Obama will be hard to beat."

What is so hard for Republicans to say "We ain't got shit" when it comes to potential candidates

This is one of the weakest GOP fields I have seen in my lifetime.

Reminds me of when the Dems ran Mike Dukakis and George McGovern

Perhaps the Democrats would be willing to make a "goodwill" gesture by putting Hillary Clinton on waivers and letting her represent the GOP for the 2012 Presidential Campaign - to prevent the Republicans from being totally embarrassed!

Last edited:

According to public opinion polls, the field is currently "quite weak." Only two likely Republican contenders — Mike Huckabee and Mitt Romney — have positive favorability ratings. Sarah Palin and Newt Gingrich have "especially poor" ratings, in the negative double digits. Is the 2012 GOP field, as The Atlantic's Andrew Sullivan puts it, irredeemably "pitiful?"

The GOP field is weak: These numbers are "bad news for Republicans," says Jim Lindgren in The Volokh Conspiracy. Some of the GOP contenders could make "better than average presidents," but "I see no one who as yet looks to be a better than average candidate." If this is the best the GOP can muster, "President Obama will be hard to beat."
Still better than any dimwit, especially obamaturd.

What is sad is the idiots who are allowed to vote would actually vote someone like Obama or Mccain or Huckabee or Romney in. I voted 3rd party in 2008 and will do so again in 2012 unless Ron Paul or Someone very similar runs for the Republican nomination I will vote for David Duke if he runs for president.

What is sad is the idiots who are allowed to vote would actually vote someone like Obama or Mccain or Huckabee or Romney in. I voted 3rd party in 2008 and will do so again in 2012 unless Ron Paul or Someone very similar runs for the Republican nomination I will vote for David Duke if he runs for president.

Yes, with your avatar, I expect you would.

Still better than any dimwit, especially obamaturd.

Its a shame isn't it?

Given the lack of a credible Republican candidate, Obamaturd is going to win in a walkover

I'm sure that you and a thousand other racists will vote for Duke :cuckoo:

But I do agree with you about idiots being allowed to vote

Last edited:

I know one member here who would just think he died and gone to heaven with a Palin/Duke ticket.

Republicans thought they had it bad with Bob Dole and John McCain

They don't have a candidate with anything near their name recognotion or accomplishments

Pitiful?

I mean there are a number in the potential field I don't like, but they are all highly qualified people. Far more qualified than a 2 year First Term Jr Senator.

Not nearly as pitiful as the current Democrat President.

What is so hard for Republicans to say "We ain't got shit" when it comes to potential candidates

This is one of the weakest GOP fields I have seen in my lifetime.

Reminds me of when the Dems ran Mike Dukakis and George McGovern

We ain't got shit... Neither do the Dems! Can you get a list of both sides RW!

We are only 22-23 months out... I mean, why don't we have 7,000 people running yet!

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Let's face it. God Himself could be running and He would still be considered "pitiful"

Sweatin bullets huh?

I know one member here who would just think he died and gone to heaven with a Palin/Duke ticket.

Not a very bright person then. Palin is a jewish stooge.

Im going to ask you the same damn question I always do....

Why the fuck do you care who the GOP runs..... your voting democrat anyways so shut up please!

Forum List

Back