How Pelosi Saved Boehner's You-Know-What

BDBoop

Platinum Member
Jul 20, 2011
Don't harsh my zen, Jen!
How Pelosi Saved Boehner's You-Know-What | Mother Jones

Wow, it really is "send in the clowns" over there.

In past years, a House speaker and the leader of the opposition would probably confer before such a crucial vote and figure out how to move the legislation through the chamber. (Boehner and Pelosi both were supporting this bill, albeit Pelosi quite reluctantly.) And many outside observers assumed that Boehner and Pelosi had indeed convened prior to this vote, that a conversation such as this had occurred: Nancy, I can get up to 170 or so votes, but not all those tea party guys. John, I can tell you that at least 50 Democrats are going to hold their noses and vote for this stinker. Yet when the final dramatic vote arrived, Pelosi was surprised that Boehner was so short of the magic 216. "When they didn't come to us for votes," Pelosi recalls, "we thought they had the votes on their own."

But Boehner didn't. So the Democrats, having waited to see how many Republicans would back the measure, started filling in the gap. Pelosi didn't have to send any signal. Her Democrats, she says, are a "sophisticated" group, and they could see that without Democratic support the bill would fail.

In past years, a House speaker and the leader of the opposition would probably confer before such a crucial vote and figure out how to move the legislation through the chamber. (Boehner and Pelosi both were supporting this bill, albeit Pelosi quite reluctantly.) And many outside observers assumed that Boehner and Pelosi had indeed convened prior to this vote, that a conversation such as this had occurred: Nancy, I can get up to 170 or so votes, but not all those tea party guys. John, I can tell you that at least 50 Democrats are going to hold their noses and vote for this stinker. Yet when the final dramatic vote arrived, Pelosi was surprised that Boehner was so short of the magic 216. "When they didn't come to us for votes," Pelosi recalls, "we thought they had the votes on their own."

But Boehner didn't. So the Democrats, having waited to see how many Republicans would back the measure, started filling in the gap. Pelosi didn't have to send any signal. Her Democrats, she says, are a "sophisticated" group, and they could see that without Democratic support the bill would fail.

LOL I watched the vote. So you will have to do better at trying to spread this manure.

That's pretty cool the way "Mother Jones" can spin. :eusa_whistle:

• Banned
Isn't it just. :cuckoo:

Pelosi agrees that the Republicans won in Congress by framing the debate over raising the nation’s borrowing limit around the idea that the debt is everything. “But they didn’t win it with the American people,” she says. “I haven’t seen a poll yet that says, ‘Don’t tax the rich, we don’t want jobs, we just want to deal with this debt first, second, last, and always.’”

Stung by the outcome in Congress, Democrats are portraying the Tea Party as reckless extremists bent on destroying government. "If it was about the deficit, we can deal with it," Pelosi said Wednesday during a gathering with reporters in her office. "This is about destroying the public space.” Everything from clean air and water to national parks and food safety and regulation will be compromised if the Tea Party gets the draconian cuts it wants. Saying this is a “fragile ecosystem” that we have, Pelosi personalized what’s at stake, saying, "I'm a mom and a grandmother talking now. Don’t mess with that.”

Nancy Pelosi

Pelosi agrees that the Republicans won in Congress by framing the debate over raising the nation’s borrowing limit around the idea that the debt is everything. “But they didn’t win it with the American people,” she says. “I haven’t seen a poll yet that says, ‘Don’t tax the rich, we don’t want jobs, we just want to deal with this debt first, second, last, and always.’”

Stung by the outcome in Congress, Democrats are portraying the Tea Party as reckless extremists bent on destroying government. "If it was about the deficit, we can deal with it," Pelosi said Wednesday during a gathering with reporters in her office. "This is about destroying the public space.” Everything from clean air and water to national parks and food safety and regulation will be compromised if the Tea Party gets the draconian cuts it wants. Saying this is a “fragile ecosystem” that we have, Pelosi personalized what’s at stake, saying, "I'm a mom and a grandmother talking now. Don’t mess with that.”

Nancy Pelosi

Keep drinking the Kool-Aid, the Tea Party didn't win anything, they didn't get what they wanted, the republicans didn't get what they wanted, and the democrats didn't get what they wanted. This bill is just nothing but BS except for the game of politics. The cuts are nothing more than smoke and mirrors, and we are going to be in debt a lot more that we are now. :lol:

Nancy Pelosi

Keep drinking the Kool-Aid, the Tea Party didn't win anything, they didn't get what they wanted, the republicans didn't get what they wanted, and the democrats didn't get what they wanted. This bill is just nothing but BS except for the game of politics. The cuts are nothing more than smoke and mirrors, and we are going to be in debt a lot more that we are now. :lol:

full-auto-albums-obama-care-picture3794-gm11080320110803071159.jpg

Nancy Pelosi

Nancy Pelosi is a traitorous bitch.... and one of the very few people whose graves I look forward to dancing on.

Nancy Pelosi

:clap2::clap2::clap2:

Ok, I will be honest I did not read anything you posted but this is my true feelings about Pelosi , She is very over Botox, She doesn't know what she is talking about most of the same ie saying this last debt ceiling will help man kind as they know. She is a lunatic and I have said what I had to say about that... Forrest Gump is smarter then this woman

Nancy Pelosi

Nancy Pelosi is a traitorous bitch.... and one of the very few people whose graves I look forward to dancing on.
Callme, i will be there for the grave dancing party:)

Forum List

Back