How occupy DC dealt with a table filled with job applications

stupid...getting a job a subway and going on with business as usual solves nothing
this video pretends the issue is as simple as low level jobs

Thats where you start. If you are smart and a hard worker you get promoted up into the mid-level and even high level jobs.

Look to Herman Cain's life for an example of someone from a poor family where one parent worked 3 jobs while the other worked 1 part time just to get by who jumped in at a low level and rose to the top.

stupid...getting a job a subway and going on with business as usual solves nothing

........and the alternative is........?

Why is it that a family of 8 Mexicans will crawl across a desert to live in East LA to open a taco stand, and these people cannot work at subway?

the availability of jobs at subway is not the issue...

Then what IS the issue?

Why is it that a family of 8 Mexicans will crawl across a desert to live in East LA to open a taco stand, and these people cannot work at subway?

What exactly is the issue?

If all these protesters were given $50K/p, to disappear they wouldn't take it?

Cute, cherry picked, videos.

Nice of these folks to give a voice to the crazy homeless guy and the far left wing activist. Did this make Fox I wonder?

Nationally there are four people looking for every one job. In my office we hire a lot of seasonal employees and have 15-20 apps for every one job.

Because the majority of the loons at the OWS whinefests are just like the following lazy liberal idiot:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wD809fp6i_0&feature=related]Protester To Tea Partier: "Why Do You Have A Right To Your Money" - YouTube[/ame]

Thats where you start. If you are smart and a hard worker you get promoted up into the mid-level and even high level jobs.

Look to Herman Cain's life for an example of someone from a poor family where one parent worked 3 jobs while the other worked 1 part time just to get by who jumped in at a low level and rose to the top.

Then what IS the issue?

government and corporate corruption in the market

Nationally there are four people looking for every one job. In my office we hire a lot of seasonal employees and have 15-20 apps for every one job.

So, is this supposed to be an excuse for not filling out an application?

they where not there to fill out subway applications, many are employed or have better job prospects than subway...this is just a silly propaganda piece

Oh cool..a gotcha video.

They even offered Solyndra..

And what is wrong with a gotcha video?
You saw what happened...they talked to 36 people who had no job..and only two actually took an application.

We saw edited versions of conversations cherry picked to represent the initial viewpoint of the video maker.

They were trying to make people look bad. Only rubes fall for this horse hockey.

And you know this...how?

So, you didn't listen to the whole clip.

B/c he had apps for jobs that paid $250k.

Management, not low level.

and fyi, low level is all some people are qualified to do.

nonsense. Why shouldn't a big corporation hire a guy with a GED and no experience as a managing director at $250,000 plus?

:eusa_think:

:eusa_think:

Still :eusa_think:ing

:dunno:

Then what IS the issue?

Well then start by protesting to get the govt out of the market and corporations instead of to "eat the rich".

Last edited:

Then what IS the issue?

excuses excuses..
Save for some adult evening education at community colleges and a few very useful certifications that are specific to my occupation, I am not an educated person.
Somehow, some way, I have always found a way to make a living.
I have taken shit jobs while looking for more permanent employment while refusing to accept unemployment or any other money from the public trough.
If I can do it, anyone can. Anything is possible if one applies themselves.
These OWS people are looking for a free ride.

they where not there to fill out subway applications, many are employed or have better job prospects than subway...this is just a silly propaganda piece
Then they should return to their jobs and change the system from within.
Pissing and shitting in public parks, not bathing and carrying signs is just going to aggravate the productive among us.

Nice of these folks to give a voice to the crazy homeless guy and the far left wing activist. Did this make Fox I wonder?

So?...Hiring is a good thing.
Tell ya what. If you are so concerned about the unemployed, give up your job so one of them can have an income.
Well? Talk the talk. Walk the walk.

How many employers are going to put up with their absenses for their extended camping trip?

then you should give one of them your job, cause all you do is hang out on the internet all day. Give someone a job who wants to work. You;re one of those who wants 20 bucks an hour for doing nothing. :lol:

Then what IS the issue?

:eusa_eh:

This became an issue in 2011, with 9% unemployment, and 99 weeks of extended unemployment insurance expiring, but was not in 2009 or 2010???

Just a coincidence, huh?

:eusa_whistle:

Forum List

Back