How occupy DC dealt with a table filled with job applications

Great find!

You will be getting grief because the vid is edited < although maybe not now, since I mentioned it ;) >

When I graduated college, I HAD to take a 'slave wage' position. It led to experience, which lead to better positions!
I didn't leave college with my diploma expecting to be a 'manager', etc, making $100k or more a year. I knew, even though I was told otherwise, that I had to 'pay my dues' before I could EARN a decent wage.

My student loan didn't kick in until I HAD a job!

I am wondering if some of these folks will gather some logic. :eusa_pray:

WHAT? This job doesn't start at $250,000/year, a corner office, stock options and a huge pension plan? Really? Do you really expect me to accept this job?

Great find!

You will be getting grief because the vid is edited < although maybe not now, since I mentioned it ;) >

When I graduated college, I HAD to take a 'slave wage' position. It led to experience, which lead to better positions!
I didn't leave college with my diploma expecting to be a 'manager', etc, making $100k or more a year. I knew, even though I was told otherwise, that I had to 'pay my dues' before I could EARN a decent wage.

My student loan didn't kick in until I HAD a job!

I am wondering if some of these folks will gather some logic. :eusa_pray:

Congrats on graduation! More so on being practical. I've 3 kids that also 'got it.' They paid their way through college, all graduated, the most with $18k in debt. The other two? $9k and $3k. Did it through work, scholarships, and grants. Yep, all 3 applied and were accepted for grants. All published. All now working, above $40k, but less $55k. The one closing in on $60k has working for 2 years.

I wonder why none of the protesters accepted fake job applications from a news stunt table...

Perhaps because it was clearly a stupid "gotcha" stunt, designed entirely to feed threads like this one?

Forum List

Back