How much teachers get in each country

Japan is very aggressive about sports. Especially swimming and basketball.

I doubt that. From my understanding, the elementary schools have zero sports at all. If a parent wishes their child to be part of a sports team, they must join a club, and pay for it themselves.

The elementary school in my home town, recently paid millions to have two baseball diamond built, with an electronic score board. Complete waste of money.

Japan does encourage sports in general, and I have no problem with joining a sports team either. I have no problem with people being active.

Here is what I am opposed to....

View attachment 73198

That's not a major NFL stadium.... That's a high school. The stadium.... is bigger.... than the school.

Hello..... something is wrong. Priorities are screwed up somewhere.

$60 Million dollars for a high school sports stadium? HIGH SCHOOL? There was a school in Ohio that paid out $320,000 for an upgrade to their stadium. That's nutz, let alone millions....

This is the issue.

Now I'll tell you what.... when we cut the education system cost to the level of Japan, which is quite a bit less than how much we spend.... and when we have education outcomes similar to Japan, which are nearly double ours..... THEN you can justify to me, spending tons of money on sports.

My kids don't receive science books. If they want to use a book, they have to check it out.

Wtf. All the money that the schools get, and they can't provide a science book to my kid? It all goes to the admin and the teachers.

And the science teacher is a freaking lunatic. I just spoke to her on the phone, I called to talk to her because my son said he was having difficulty in the class...and she was literally raving. I called the principal and said get my kid out of that class NOW. I don't know what her problem is, but my kid isn't going to be exposed to it. And I get the feeling I'm not the only one that's calling....

Anything they pay that pos is too much.

And better yet, if the teacher is bad, there is almost nothing the principal can do. School principals today, have about as much power as a prison warden, where the prison is owned and operated by the inmates, and every convict has both the keys and the locks to every room.

I was reading about Finland, and the one thing the Finnish school people THEMSELVES were complaining about, was the teachers Unions. They were talking about teachers who showed up in the class room, completely plastered. Drunk out of their minds, and the school administration couldn't do much except require the teacher sign up for classes for alcoholics, but couldn't even require that they show up for the classes. They could come to work drunk for 10 years, before the union contracts and control on administration allowed them to be removed.
No way teachers in the US work 45 hours a week.

Yeah, it's a lot more than that.

Right summers off, all kinds of time off during the school year

Not even close to a full time job

You'd be dead inside a week. Come on and give it a try! I dare you!

Other countries send their students here to go to school. More and more to attend High School. And Republicans call them the worst schools in the world. Because they won't teach magical creation and alternate history. Worse, they despise critical thinking skills, believing children will start thinking for themselves. Children will stop listening to their pastor, Fox and their parents.

Other countries send their students here to go to school. More and more to attend High School. And Republicans call them the worst schools in the world. Because they won't teach magical creation and alternate history. Worse, they despise critical thinking skills, believing children will start thinking for themselves. Children will stop listening to their pastor, Fox and their parents.

People from other countries, generally do not send their kids to go to US public K-12 schools, which is what this discussion has been about up till now.

No one suggested that US schools were the worst in the world. The BBC did a documentary on public K-12 schools in India, where teachers either don't show up... or they do show up, and take a nap until the class is over. We're better than that obviously.

What we did claim, and in a *FACT* is that we have the one of the most expensive K-12 systems in the world, if not the absolute most expensive, with some of the highest paid teachers in the world, and yet we have educational results that place us 27th or lower. And that there are many school systems in first world countries, that cost a fraction as much, and end up with much better results.

We can, and have, posted the relevant data to prove such.

As to your suggestion that people send their students here to study... that's true in the College/University area. But even there, they don't send their kids to go to 100% public colleges, like say Shawnee State University, or Columbus State Community College. No, the top rated universities, are generally private.

Yale, Havard, MIT, Stanford, Princeton, UPenn, Columbia, Duke, Rice, Caltech, Vanderbilt, UoC, Notre Dame, Emory and so on and so so.

You don't see foreign people sending their kids to University of Akron Ohio, or something. Government funded schools are generally not nearly as good as the private ones, with few exceptions.

Mandatory training and retraining on-going.

Many unpaid obligations.

A lot more than a full-time job. A hell of a lot more than 45 hours a week.

Sorry but no

How Many Hours do Public School Teachers Really Work? - AEI

But do they work longer hours overall? According to BLS, the answer is essentially no. The average work week for teachers seems to be around 40 hours, similar to what teachers themselves report to the Census Bureau.

People from other countries, generally do not send their kids to go to US public K-12 schools, .....

Yes, they do when they can. This is increasing all the time.

I doubt that. From my understanding, the elementary schools have zero sports at all. If a parent wishes their child to be part of a sports team, they must join a club, and pay for it themselves.

The elementary school in my home town, recently paid millions to have two baseball diamond built, with an electronic score board. Complete waste of money.

Japan does encourage sports in general, and I have no problem with joining a sports team either. I have no problem with people being active.

View attachment 73198

That's not a major NFL stadium.... That's a high school. The stadium.... is bigger.... than the school.

$60 Million dollars for a high school sports stadium? HIGH SCHOOL? There was a school in Ohio that paid out $320,000 for an upgrade to their stadium. That's nutz, let alone millions....

This is the issue.

Now I'll tell you what.... when we cut the education system cost to the level of Japan, which is quite a bit less than how much we spend.... and when we have education outcomes similar to Japan, which are nearly double ours..... THEN you can justify to me, spending tons of money on sports.

My kids don't receive science books. If they want to use a book, they have to check it out.

Wtf. All the money that the schools get, and they can't provide a science book to my kid? It all goes to the admin and the teachers.

And the science teacher is a freaking lunatic. I just spoke to her on the phone, I called to talk to her because my son said he was having difficulty in the class...and she was literally raving. I called the principal and said get my kid out of that class NOW. I don't know what her problem is, but my kid isn't going to be exposed to it. And I get the feeling I'm not the only one that's calling....

And better yet, if the teacher is bad, there is almost nothing the principal can do. School principals today, have about as much power as a prison warden, where the prison is owned and operated by the inmates, and every convict has both the keys and the locks to every room.

I was reading about Finland, and the one thing the Finnish school people THEMSELVES were complaining about, was the teachers Unions. They were talking about teachers who showed up in the class room, completely plastered. Drunk out of their minds, and the school administration couldn't do much except require the teacher sign up for classes for alcoholics, but couldn't even require that they show up for the classes. They could come to work drunk for 10 years, before the union contracts and control on administration allowed them to be removed.

^^^^this

View attachment 73198

This is the issue.

^^^^this

I doubt that I've worked real jobs for 80 or 90 hours a week

If teaching took as much skill as you say you'd all be paid a hell of a lot more

You don't see foreign people sending their kids to University of Akron Ohio, or something. ....

"This year, students and scholars from 90 countries are part of the Akron family."

International Admissions : The University of Akron

LOL

Thanks. Love you too man. That is surprising though. I never thought much of Akron U. That's why I picked it at random.

Obviously I'm wrong. Although, is that a schoolarship system? Are they subsidizing foreign students, to get them to come there? Or do they really have that much status?

I don't know. Whatever.

People from other countries, generally do not send their kids to go to US public K-12 schools, .....

Yes, they do when they can. This is increasing all the time.

Really. Who? From third world countries?

By sending their kids to K-12, I don't mean they move here, and work here, and send their kids to schools here. I know many who have done that.

But just to send their kids to the US, specifically for K-12 schooling? I'm open to the idea. I'd love to see the evidence for this.

Really. Who? From third world countries?.....

Very often from some of those countries to which American schools are so often unfavorably compared. Sometimes one parent will come with their child, relocate and live apart from their spouse who stays back in the home country working so that the family can support the student fully.

Really. Who? From third world countries?.....

Very often from some of those countries to which American schools are so often unfavorably compared. Sometimes one parent will come with their child, relocate and live apart from their spouse who stays back in the home country working so that the family can support the student fully.

Only so they can go to a US university? Why would they go from a better school, to a worse school?

View attachment 73198

This is the issue.

^^^^this

I doubt that I've worked real jobs for 80 or 90 hours a week

If teaching took as much skill as you say you'd all be paid a hell of a lot more

Why don't you try it and see if you think it is so easy?

Forum List

Back