How Much Should A Teacher Get Paid?

And should there be a cap on how much that can get paid?

How much is a teacher worth in your opinion?

Less and less everyday. How much does a teacher get paid in Brazil, Mexico, India, Turkey, China or the Soviet Union?

Google BRIC nations.

Not one dime more than an American soldier makes. Not one dime more.

So at 20 years an O-8 (Major General/Rear Admiral) can draw $153,147.60 in base salary and can retire at $75,000 a year with free medical for the rest of his life.

>>>>

How many soldiers retire a Major General/Rear Admiral? Those promotions are based on merit not seniority too. And not for nothing but some school admins are already in that pay rage or more.

I still wonder how many parents had to shift their work schedule to arrange for someone to watch their kids...or how many HAD TO stay home because there was no one at school to teach their children?

How many lost wages because of this insanity?

Yep, you get what you pay for, so times will just get tougher on parents and students. If you think cutting wages & benefits is a reward for dedicated employees, you are sadly mistaken. Expect less.

And how long will the Unions expect to ROB the taxpayers and get away with it?

I imagine until you get rid of Union teachers and replace them with illegal Mexicans who will work for their meals. You won't be satisfied until you have the return of the company store anyway, so expect to get less, not more.

You do recall a month ago when the fire Department stood by and let the house burn to the ground? Expect more of that.

Last edited:
I still wonder how many parents had to shift their work schedule to arrange for someone to watch their kids...or how many HAD TO stay home because there was no one at school to teach their children?

Yep, you get what you pay for, so times will just get tougher on parents and students. If you think cutting wages & benefits is a reward for dedicated employees, you are sadly mistaken. Expect less.
Here we go to the tried and true liberal tactic of LYING!

No wages are being cut. No benefits are being cut. No pensions are being cut!

Knock off the Alinsky tactics, and deal with reality!

Just wanting these people to be a little more responsible for their OWN welfare instead of the PUBLIC paying for it.

I imagine until you get rid of Union teachers and replace them with illegal Mexicans who will work for their meals. You won't be satisfied until you have the return of the company store anyway, so expect to get less, not more.

You do recall a month ago when the fire Department stood by and let the house burn to the ground? Expect more of that.

So you have no problem engaging in extortion and terror to get your way?

As much as the highest paid coach for the school.

Ha ha. Guess who is the highest paid public employee in the state of NJ?

Rutgers football coach - 2 fucking million a year!
And how much money does the athletic program make for the university?

Next..........

I was looking at that too.

Here in Ohio Jim Tressel makes about 3.5 million a year. Football revenue was $65.16 million (total athletic revenue was $118 million). Tressel's winning ways are a big part of that.

Not to mention that those big bucks go right back to the school. Mostly in scholarships, infrastructure and the like but also to the library's and the institution in general.

Ohio State football: Buckeyes rank No. 4 when it comes to bringing in football money; Texas No. 1 | cleveland.com

Just wanting these people to be a little more responsible for their OWN welfare instead of the PUBLIC paying for it.
Exactly brother!......But these liberal idiots sit here and try to distort the thruth about what is really going on.

Shintao is trying to claim that they are trying to cut wages, benefits and pensions......that's a lie....... A bold faced friggin' lie.

Not one dime more than an American soldier makes. Not one dime more.

So at 20 years an O-8 (Major General/Rear Admiral) can draw $153,147.60 in base salary and can retire at $75,000 a year with free medical for the rest of his life.

>>>>

How many soldiers retire a Major General/Rear Admiral? Those promotions are based on merit not seniority too. And not for nothing but some school admins are already in that pay rage or more.

You may have missed what WillowTree said, let me repeat if for you "Not one dime more than an American soldier makes."

(S)he did not specify a pay grade or a length of service, as a matter of fact I didn't even pull the highest paid active duty officer which is an O-10 who can potentially make $227,242.80 a year.

Oh and by the way, military pay is based on years of service and promotions. An E-7 at 10-years makes $41,335.20 while and E-7 at 30-years makes $56,880.00 without another merit based promotion. Again with 50% retirement and medical for life.

>>>>

Ha ha. Guess who is the highest paid public employee in the state of NJ?

Rutgers football coach - 2 fucking million a year!
And how much money does the athletic program make for the university?

Next..........

I was looking at that too.

Here in Ohio Jim Tressel makes about 3.5 million a year. Football revenue was $65.16 million (total athletic revenue was $118 million). Tressel's winning ways are a big part of that.

Not to mention that those big bucks go right back to the school. Mostly in scholarships, infrastructure and the like but also to the library's and the institution in general.

Ohio State football: Buckeyes rank No. 4 when it comes to bringing in football money; Texas No. 1 | cleveland.com
Bingo!.......The athletic programs are a major component of a universities survival. A major component for schloarships. Booster donations. Alumni donations etc.

Exactly brother!......But these liberal idiots sit here and try to distort the thruth about what is really going on.

Shintao is trying to claim that they are trying to cut wages, benefits and pensions......that's a lie....... A bold faced friggin' lie.

That's ALL this has ever been about. What these people are at near riot about is that they are being called to be responsible, and the public no longer excepts or expects these cretins to be paid for non-performance...or just because it's always been that way.

And whom can blame them since they are expected to perform to be paid? Results...and results that are beneficial? The days of accepting mediocrity and failure are over. Our prisons, our welfare system are overflowing with progressive failure.

Don't want to derail the thread but Rutgers has been losing money on football. The NJ way!

SON OF A BITCH!!!1!!11!

Thread-Offtopic-Derailed.jpg

:tongue::tongue:

(I'm overcome with a strange sense of deja vu) ??

They should get paid $150,000.00 a year, plus full benefits and paid retirements.

Teachers are worth a million a year, but we just can't afford to pay them what they are really worth to society. They teach an average of 200 students a day, or 48,000 students a year in various educational studies that prepare the student for their next step in educational advancement towards a PhD. for $3.12 an hour per student.

Seriously, you need to start educating yourself. You don't teach 48,000 students a year by teaching 200 students a day. Even if your figures of 200 a day were correct, they would still only be teaching 200 students a year. Because they teach the same exact students every day.

As for the $150,000 a year plus benefits and pay when they dont work (AKA Retirement). Are you freaking stupid? You honestly think every single teacher deserves that regardless of if any one of their students actually learns anything?

If we, as taxpayers, are paying someone that much money, they better be producing some pretty damn good results. I would argue that the post of yours that I am responding to is the perfect example of why not all teachers should be given $150,000 a year.

And did you click the link for Unions vs private workers?? Is that what has you in a tizzy? And theoretically they do teach 48,000 students a year by the hour, or day, or month, anyway you want to figure it up. It is an average of 25 students an hour. 48,000 students a year, and I want them making $150,000, 150000/48000 = 3.125 an hour per student.

I should be the perfect example of why teachers should get $150,000. a year, and why you should have paid attention in the class room. LOL!

So you have no problem engaging in extortion and terror to get your way?

When people attack my family I have no qualms at all at fucking them up. Is that what you are asking me? Don't expect the same service from one guy making minimum wage, and one guy making a living wage. Human nature should tell you people who are dissatisfied with their station in life produce less. You are all about nature, right? Well figure it out with common sense.

Last edited:

>>>>

You may have missed what WillowTree said, let me repeat if for you "Not one dime more than an American soldier makes."

(S)he did not specify a pay grade or a length of service, as a matter of fact I didn't even pull the highest paid active duty officer which is an O-10 who can potentially make $227,242.80 a year.

Oh and by the way, military pay is based on years of service and promotions. An E-7 at 10-years makes $41,335.20 while and E-7 at 30-years makes $56,880.00 without another merit based promotion. Again with 50% retirement and medical for life.

>>>>

Relax dude. I'm just bringing it back around to the same old same old meritocracy argument I've made all along.

Oh, and by the way, it's a lot easier to get drummed out of the military for poor performance than to fire a union teacher for same.

Here you go LIAR!! Your own source as well...........:eusa_liar:

Why should taxpayers work their fingers to the bone until the day they die to support teacher and other public employee bloated wages and pensions? It’s time for anger and revolt alright. It is taxpayers who need to go on strike!

It’s time for Gov. Walker and other governors across America to invoke Ronald Reagan. The message is simple: Accept these modest cuts and end abusive collective bargaining by public employees or YOU’RE FIRED. And be sure to charge the teachers at the protests who hold fake doctor notes with fraud.

Read more on Newsmax.com: Wisconsin Teachers: Accept Cuts or Be Fired
Important: Do You Support Pres. Obama's Re-Election? Vote Here Now!

When people attack my family I have no quams at all at fucking them up. Is that what you are asking me? Don't expect the same service from one guy making minimum wage, and one guy making a living wage. Human nature should tell you people who are dissatisfied with thei station in life produce less. You are all about nature, right? Well figure it out with common sense.

There is no issue with your family here. You are talking about trying to extort people for more money.

There shouldnt be a minimum wage. That's part of what's artificially increasing the cost of labor in this nation.

What makes you think people who go into teaching to help students would be dissatisfied with their station in life because of lower salaries? Maybe the problem is there are too many people becoming teachers because they want cushy jobs where they feel they dont have to do much rather than to help people. If that's the case, you take away the cushy parts of the job, and those that want ease will find other jobs while those that actually want to help people, will help people.

If that happens then you will indeed have the best people working the job.

Forum List

Back