How Much Should A Teacher Get Paid?

When people attack my family I have no quams at all at fucking them up. Is that what you are asking me? Don't expect the same service from one guy making minimum wage, and one guy making a living wage. Human nature should tell you people who are dissatisfied with thei station in life produce less. You are all about nature, right? Well figure it out with common sense.

There is no issue with your family here. You are talking about trying to extort people for more money.

There shouldnt be a minimum wage. That's part of what's artificially increasing the cost of labor in this nation.

What makes you think people who go into teaching to help students would be dissatisfied with their station in life because of lower salaries? Maybe the problem is there are too many people becoming teachers because they want cushy jobs where they feel they dont have to do much rather than to help people. If that's the case, you take away the cushy parts of the job, and those that want ease will find other jobs while those that actually want to help people, will help people.

If that happens then you will indeed have the best people working the job.

Indeed. it should be what the market will bear...not what can be extorted...or else via Union thuggery...

Relax dude. I'm just bringing it back around to the same old same old meritocracy argument I've made all along.

That's fine, I'm just pointing out that pay for the armed forces (and life-time benefits) might not be the metric that (s)he should have choose to attempt to make that point.

Oh, and by the way, it's a lot easier to get drummed out of the military for poor performance than to fire a union teacher for same.

Possibly, but not in all cases.

If someone does something stupid and violates the UCMJ and has multiple Mast's or a Court Martial, true.

On the other hand if someone is a medium performer it's not that easy. It requires documentation, it requires improvement plans, it may require documentation of remedial instruction in the areas that are deficient. Many times it's poor evals that cause a lack of promotion that trip high year tenure requirements or just cause them not to reenlist at the end of obligated service.

Luckily during my career both cases were pretty rare.

>>>>

Last edited:
Here we go to the tried and true liberal tactic of LYING!

No wages are being cut. No benefits are being cut. No pensions are being cut!

Knock off the Alinsky tactics, and deal with reality!

Just wanting these people to be a little more responsible for their OWN welfare instead of the PUBLIC paying for it.
Exactly brother!......But these liberal idiots sit here and try to distort the thruth about what is really going on.

Shintao is trying to claim that they are trying to cut wages, benefits and pensions......that's a lie....... A bold faced friggin' lie.

Seems you are LYING to a guy your calling a Brother. Is he a LIAR like you as well? Is that what you two have in common, LIAR? LMAO!!!

And should there be a cap on how much that can get paid?

How much is a teacher worth in your opinion?

There's some thread around here where there was much wailing, braying, and faux outrage from some conservatives that a Wisconsin teacher gets paid 53k a year. Outrageous!

Doesn't seem like a lot of money to me, especially for someone with the equivalent of a Master's degree and highly specialized training.

So, I would suppose conservatives would propose teacher salaries should be well south of 53k.

Somewhere in the ball park of janitors and Jiffy Lube technicians, perhaps?

Whatever the going rate for a low- to medium-grade professional with a bachelor's degree is in their community. A little less if they're going to be getting fancy civil servant-type bennies.

Just wanting these people to be a little more responsible for their OWN welfare instead of the PUBLIC paying for it.
Exactly brother!......But these liberal idiots sit here and try to distort the thruth about what is really going on.

Shintao is trying to claim that they are trying to cut wages, benefits and pensions......that's a lie....... A bold faced friggin' lie.

Seems you are LYING to a guy your calling a Brother. Is he a LIAR like you as well? Is that what you two have in common, LIAR? LMAO!!!

Translation: "I have no other recourse but to attack and not post any fact...but hey I'll bet that Wicked Jester and the T are just SCABS anyway...YEAH! That's the ticket...!"

Teachers (along with everyone else) should be whatever the market will pay them.

I teach people how to solve a very parrticular problem. I get paid a lot of money to do this because I am exceptionally talented at teaching this particular skill, there are very few people that can do what I do, and I am very good at finding people who need to learn how this problem solved.

If I was teaching kids how to recite the Alphabet I would make far less money. Teaching is going to go virtual anyway, kids won't be going to school- they'll stay home and turn on the internet.

Teachers (along with everyone else) should be whatever the market will pay them.

I teach people how to solve a very parrticular problem. I get paid a lot of money to do this because I am exceptionally talented at teaching this particular skill, there are very few people that can do what I do, and I am very good at finding people who need to learn how this problem solved.

If I was teaching kids how to recite the Alphabet I would make far less money. Teaching is going to go virtual anyway, kids won't be going to school- they'll stay home and turn on the internet.

Alot of truth to this. TREND.

So far the Conservative responses seem to lean towards the rich neighborhoods having the best teachers as they can afford it.

No actual dollar amount mentioned...interesting.

Let's see what else comes out.

Why would you get a dollar amount, Mensa Boy? The cost of living and standard salaries vary widely according to where one lives. Telling you the dollar amount for where I am is going to mean nothing to you unless you also live in this area. Duuhhhh.

Relax dude. I'm just bringing it back around to the same old same old meritocracy argument I've made all along.

That's fine, I'm just pointing out that pay for the armed forces (and life-time benefits) might not be the metric that (s)he should have choose to attempt to make that point.

Oh, and by the way, it's a lot easier to get drummed out of the military for poor performance than to fire a union teacher for same.

Possibly, but not in all cases.

If someone does something stupid and violates the UCMJ and has multiple Mast's or a Court Martial, true.

On the other hand if someone is a medium performer it's not that easy. It requires documentation, it requires improvement plans, it may require documentation of remedial instruction in the areas that are deficient. Many times it's poor evals that cause a lack of promotion that trip high year tenure requirements or just cause them not to reenlist at the end of obligated service.

Luckily during my career both cases were pretty rare.

>>>>

That seems fair and I would not want to go so far as to say it should be easy to fire anyone. That would put too much power in the hands of too few people. Hell, it's not my metaphor anyway, lol.

Also, despite all the respect I have for the military, and prefer the way the DoD is run to the way the DoE is run, I would not support public unions for the military either. (and for the same reasons) At some level pay ought to reflect merit and the DoD runs a tighter ship IMO.

You get caught lying, and that's your response?

LMAO!:lol::lol::lol::lol:

You get caught lying, and that's your response?

LMAO!:lol::lol::lol::lol:

he's another idiot that lives in gray areas and LOGIC is NOT his friend.

So far the Conservative responses seem to lean towards the rich neighborhoods having the best teachers as they can afford it.

No actual dollar amount mentioned...interesting.

Let's see what else comes out.

There are markets for labor. You are trying, and failing, to insinuate that teachers are somehow exempt and have some fixed, empirical value.

They don't.

No right winger...I asked a simple question. YOU are adding more to it.

How much should a teacher get paid?

Its all opinion...so I'd like to see yours.

Thanks.

No, left winger. You didn't ask a simple question. You asked a SIMPLISTIC question. Just because you're not bright enough to understand how a salary amount is arrived at, and therefore childishly assume it is just plucked out of thin air, doesn't make it so.

There are markets for labor. You are trying, and failing, to insinuate that teachers are somehow exempt and have some fixed, empirical value.

They don't.

No right winger...I asked a simple question. YOU are adding more to it.

How much should a teacher get paid?

Its all opinion...so I'd like to see yours.

Thanks.

No, left winger. You didn't ask a simple question. You asked a SIMPLISTIC question. Just because you're not bright enough to understand how a salary amount is arrived at, and therefore childishly assume it is just plucked out of thin air, doesn't make it so.

They fail to understand market forces. And by the same token? Know the PRICE of everything...and the value of NOTHING...

The whole idea of "we have to know what we can pay before we give you an amount" in the two posts above is poppycock. Sorry, but it is.

I agree that a school has to stay within its budget. No argument there...but you're looking at things backwards. If the value of the work of a teacher is X...and you hire 5 teachers making it 5x to pay them...just because your budget is 4x doesnt mean you reduce what you pay. You up the budget.

I'm not for wild spending or spending "too much"...but if you dont pay teachers a living wage or what they are worth...then you're going to get CRAPPY teachers since you dont pay them what they're worth.

That's been the problem for too long. We're getting bad teachers because they dont get paid enough. And people wont pay more because they see the craptastic teachers we have now. So it's an endless circle of fear and non-payment.

So tell me. How exactly do you pull money out of your ass? I mean clearly thats what you are suggesting people do.

You have budgets for a reason.
How much is A single teacher worth?

Then we can calculate how many of them "the budget" can afford.

Please answser.

A single teacher where? Doing what, exactly? Why is it beyond you to understand that not all teaching positions are created alike?

There's some thread around here where there was much wailing, braying, and faux outrage from some conservatives that a Wisconsin teacher gets paid 53k a year. Outrageous!

Doesn't seem like a lot of money to me, especially for someone with the equivalent of a Master's degree and highly specialized training.

So, I would suppose conservatives would propose teacher salaries should be well south of 53k.

Somewhere in the ball park of janitors and Jiffy Lube technicians, perhaps?
You propose wrong........Nothing new there, It's that liberal pattern that infects you all.

They should be paid on a merit based scale on what the district can afford.

Considering the importance of the job, they should make damn good money.

Importance by what standard? Who gets to set it? Compared to what other jobs? And since when is "importance of the job" a factor in salaries?

Why is it every time someone's opinion on an issue leans to the left, they start talking like children?

There will always be an economic consequence to setting someone's wage at a rate that disregards the level of productivity thus there can never be a "living wage" (so called).

They should be paid as well as possible. Maybe, going by cost of living from one area to the next, something close to par with civilian "professionals" with similar education and years on the job. (then subtract the 3 non-productive months of the year) That should work out to a pretty nice living.

They aren't "non-productive months of the year". Teachers are paid for those three months as an incentive for them not to quit. Yeah, they're not getting any work out of you, but they ARE keeping you employed and not having to go through the crap of finding and hiring a new person every year.

Besides, in my experience, teachers typically use at least part of their summers for continuing education, which is necessary in many places to keeping their jobs.

When people attack my family I have no quams at all at fucking them up. Is that what you are asking me? Don't expect the same service from one guy making minimum wage, and one guy making a living wage. Human nature should tell you people who are dissatisfied with thei station in life produce less. You are all about nature, right? Well figure it out with common sense.

There is no issue with your family here. You are talking about trying to extort people for more money.
LOL! Seems the teachers were happy before Walker came along, so who is extorting whom for the same money, not more, less. Walker is going after their livelyhood, their family & home, etc. Of course the issue is the entire families he is cutting away at.

There shouldnt be a minimum wage. That's part of what's artificially increasing the cost of labor in this nation.
But there is a minimum wage, get over it.

What makes you think people who go into teaching to help students would be dissatisfied with their station in life because of lower salaries?
If you don't reward people trying to make a living, you can expect less, not more. Those teachers aren't standing in snow because they are happy with their station in life, so figure that one out.

Maybe the problem is there are too many people becoming teachers because they want cushy jobs where they feel they dont have to do much rather than to help people. If that's the case, you take away the cushy parts of the job, and those that want ease will find other jobs while those that actually want to help people, will help people.
LMAO! Yeah, let me know how that works out when you reach reality.

If that happens then you will indeed have the best people working the job.

Well of course! The interest here isn't about how teachers feel, it is about cutting their paychecks & benefits & destroying the Unions. You have the best people, you just don't want to treat them like they are the best. So they are in snow and dissatisfied.

Like I say, you retards won't be happy until you have the return of the company store.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back