How Much Should A Teacher Get Paid?

Because a teacher is charged with educating our children, they should be paid as much as that society feels it can afford. I certainly think they would be paid more than say, first responders. But, we, as a society should demand a higher standard of conduct, and education from our educators than we're getting now.

Excuse me, but WHY would they be paid more than first responders? Because you, personally, arbitrarily decided educating children was more important than saving lives? That standing in front of a blackboard talking is more worthy and valuable than risking your own life for other people?

This is, of course, beside the point that "important job" is actually not a factor, and never has been, in deciding salary.

One area that needs to be addressed is the amount of testing, that our teachers are required to administer to their students. I'm not talking about course testing, but testing for state standards, and federal requirements. Doesn't educate, and it takes up valuable classroom time.

On the contrary, measuring the amount and quality of education is very important to the job of educating. Not to mention the fact that school is far from the only or last place in life that those students will ever be required to take tests, work under pressure, or study in preparation for something. How do you propose they learn to do those things if they are never tested in school?

I was on a school board for 4 years, one of which I was board president. Our district was blessed with a high level of educators. We still had problems, but they weren't a result of the teachers.

Given the tone of your post so far, you'll have to excuse me if I'm a bit skeptical about your opinion on that subject.

The United States is having their ass handed to them by the emerging countries, and the reason is THEY put a very high value on education.

True, but on the other hand, they DON'T necessarily put a high dollar amount on it. "Value" doesn't always mean "money".

I own a business, and more than half the entry level workers we interview can't hardly read nor write, and t hose that can, can't spell. About all their good for is working at Micky D's.

FYI, this paragraph should read, "I own a business, and more than half the entry-level workers we interview can hardly read or write; and those who can, can't spell. About all they're good for is working at Micky D's." Do you want fries with that? :eusa_angel:

When people attack my family I have no quams at all at fucking them up. Is that what you are asking me? Don't expect the same service from one guy making minimum wage, and one guy making a living wage. Human nature should tell you people who are dissatisfied with thei station in life produce less. You are all about nature, right? Well figure it out with common sense.

There is no issue with your family here. You are talking about trying to extort people for more money.

There shouldnt be a minimum wage. That's part of what's artificially increasing the cost of labor in this nation.

What makes you think people who go into teaching to help students would be dissatisfied with their station in life because of lower salaries?

Maybe the problem is there are too many people becoming teachers because they want cushy jobs where they feel they dont have to do much rather than to help people. If that's the case, you take away the cushy parts of the job, and those that want ease will find other jobs while those that actually want to help people, will help people.
LMAO! Yeah, let me know how that works out when you reach reality.

If that happens then you will indeed have the best people working the job.

Well of course! The interest here isn't about how teachers feel, it is about cutting their paychecks & benefits & destroying the Unions. You have the best people, you just don't want to treat them like they are the best. So they are in snow and dissatisfied.

Like I say, you retards won't be happy until you have the return of the company store.

Keeping the LIE alive I see? How many here have you called 'SCABS' already? Put them on your attack list?

Exactly brother!......But these liberal idiots sit here and try to distort the thruth about what is really going on.

Shintao is trying to claim that they are trying to cut wages, benefits and pensions......that's a lie....... A bold faced friggin' lie.

Seems you are LYING to a guy your calling a Brother. Is he a LIAR like you as well? Is that what you two have in common, LIAR? LMAO!!!

Translation: "I have no other recourse but to attack and not post any fact...but hey I'll bet that Wicked Jester and the T are just SCABS anyway...YEAH! That's the ticket...!"

Notice, I didn't I didn't refer to you as a Liar, because you don't seem to have a need to lie. But being you, I might be pissed if a LIAR was calling me a "Brother." LMAO!! :lol: I think I would put some distance between yourself and him. IMO! :eusa_angel:

When people attack my family I have no quams at all at fucking them up. Is that what you are asking me? Don't expect the same service from one guy making minimum wage, and one guy making a living wage. Human nature should tell you people who are dissatisfied with thei station in life produce less. You are all about nature, right? Well figure it out with common sense.

There is no issue with your family here. You are talking about trying to extort people for more money.

There shouldnt be a minimum wage. That's part of what's artificially increasing the cost of labor in this nation.

What makes you think people who go into teaching to help students would be dissatisfied with their station in life because of lower salaries?

Maybe the problem is there are too many people becoming teachers because they want cushy jobs where they feel they dont have to do much rather than to help people. If that's the case, you take away the cushy parts of the job, and those that want ease will find other jobs while those that actually want to help people, will help people.
LMAO! Yeah, let me know how that works out when you reach reality.

Well of course! The interest here isn't about how teachers feel, it is about cutting their paychecks & benefits & destroying the Unions. You have the best people, you just don't want to treat them like they are the best. So they are in snow and dissatisfied.

Like I say, you retards won't be happy until you have the return of the company store.
So, show us where they are proposing cutting their paychecks & benefits.

You're making the claim......Prove it........The balls in your court.

Until you do, you're lying.

Coming back and raging, sure as hell doesn't make your point or prove a damn thing.

Seems you are LYING to a guy your calling a Brother. Is he a LIAR like you as well? Is that what you two have in common, LIAR? LMAO!!!

Translation: "I have no other recourse but to attack and not post any fact...but hey I'll bet that Wicked Jester and the T are just SCABS anyway...YEAH! That's the ticket...!"

Notice, I didn't I didn't refer to you as a Liar, because you don't seem to have a need to lie. But being you, I might be pissed if a LIAR was calling me a "Brother." LMAO!! :lol: I think I would put some distance between yourself and him. IMO! :eusa_angel:

Notice that I don't give a tinker's damn?

There will always be an economic consequence to setting someone's wage at a rate that disregards the level of productivity thus there can never be a "living wage" (so called).

They should be paid as well as possible. Maybe, going by cost of living from one area to the next, something close to par with civilian "professionals" with similar education and years on the job. (then subtract the 3 non-productive months of the year) That should work out to a pretty nice living.

They aren't "non-productive months of the year". Teachers are paid for those three months as an incentive for them not to quit. Yeah, they're not getting any work out of you, but they ARE keeping you employed and not having to go through the crap of finding and hiring a new person every year.

Besides, in my experience, teachers typically use at least part of their summers for continuing education, which is necessary in many places to keeping their jobs.

I agree with year round pay and it's my understanding that (where it's an option) that's the more popular choice. I also agree on the merit of recruiting and retention. However days off are a big perk and should be reflected in pay scale to some degree. Besides summer there are a lot of non-federal holidays off.

I also agree with the point about continuing education though that's not exactly exclusive to teachers. Most of us have to do that and a lot of us had to do night school to get er done.

I think the above is my first post in this thread as was more about the silly idea of a "living wage" though I think I should have made that more evident than I did.

So, show us where they are proposing cutting their paychecks & benefits.

You're making the claim......Prove it........The balls in your court.

Until you do, you're lying.

Coming back and raging, sure as hell doesn't make your point or prove a damn thing.

He can't.

And should there be a cap on how much that can get paid?

How much is a teacher worth in your opinion?

Not one dime more than an American soldier makes. Not one dime more.

Now we're getting somewhere :clap2:

Republicans are finally willing to put a price on what teachers are worth.

I just went to an Army website, and the salary for a private first class is between 20 and 23k a year. Which is what, about ten dollars an hour?

So the official rightwing position is that teachers should be paid ten dollars an hour? Well done!

How Much Should A Teacher Get Paid?

1% of the future revenue generated by the teachers pupils.

Of course, if they all turned out to be drug dealers, there would be a collection problem.

Keeping the LIE alive I see? How many here have you called 'SCABS' already? Put them on your attack list?

You being a scab, has nothing to do with "cutting their paychecks & benefits & destroying the Unions." No lie, comes from your own rightwing NewsMax dude. Call them liars if you doubt it. I don't write it, I report it, Scab. LOL!

Not one dime more than an American soldier makes. Not one dime more.

Now we're getting somewhere :clap2:

Republicans are finally willing to put a price on what teachers are worth.

I just went to an Army website, and the salary for a private first class is between 20 and 23k a year. Which is what, about ten dollars an hour?

So the official rightwing position is that teachers should be paid ten dollars and hour? Well done!

You cannot equate them...at all.

1. Abolish the public education system

2. Make teaching more practical (less tests, more teaching people how to work).

3. Teachers exposed to the market gradually become like any other profession, some work for free (as a form of charity) and others charge through the nose, everyone knows who is a 'bad' and 'good' teacher.

4. Teachers choose their students, parents/students choose their teachers.

^All result in better working conditions, wages and of course better education. But no one will ever see that, thus ever rising education bills, unhappy overworked teachers, and parents having to deal with bad education. :doubt:

So, show where i'm lying.

I just called you out for lying. If you weren't lying, you would have not been called out.

And trust me, trying to suck up to T will do you no good.......He's not gullible.

Considering the amount of money Republicans think teachers are giving to Democratic candidates, they must make a hundred thousand a week.

1. Abolish the public education system

2. Make teaching more practical (less tests, more teaching people how to work).

3. Teachers exposed to the market gradually become like any other profession, some work for free (as a form of charity) and others charge through the nose, everyone knows who is a 'bad' and 'good' teacher.

4. Teachers choose their students, parents/students choose their teachers.

^All result in better working conditions, wages and of course better education. But no one will ever see that, thus ever rising education bills, unhappy overworked teachers, and parents having to deal with bad education. :doubt:

Yea, teach people how to dig ditches. Fuck science and technology.

There's some thread around here where there was much wailing, braying, and faux outrage from some conservatives that a Wisconsin teacher gets paid 53k a year. Outrageous!

Doesn't seem like a lot of money to me, especially for someone with the equivalent of a Master's degree and highly specialized training.

So, I would suppose conservatives would propose teacher salaries should be well south of 53k.

Somewhere in the ball park of janitors and Jiffy Lube technicians, perhaps?

FYI, the average Wisconsin teacher's salary is $46,390, and it requires a Bachelor's degree, not a Master's. They would PREFER that you have a Master's, and perhaps if you do, they raise your salary. I'm going to guess, though, that the vast majority of public school teachers in WI don't have a Master's.

You being a scab, has nothing to do with "cutting their paychecks & benefits & destroying the Unions." No lie, comes from your own rightwing NewsMax dude. Call them liars if you doubt it. I don't write it, I report it, Scab. LOL!
Official translation:

I've completely lost this round. I lied, and cannot prove otherwise. Now i'm forced to name call and accuse.......One of these days, I hope the Alinsky tactics will work. I might want to try them on those who may believe the BS. Because T and WJ are too smart to fall for said bullshit, and have made me look like a lying fool.......That sucks!

End of official translation.

Forum List

Back