How much does Tennessee owe Greg Schiano, Zilch? $20,775,000?

my2¢

So it goes
May 14, 2010
Arizona's Maricopa County
University of Tennessee signed Schiano to coach their football team a few weeks ago. Then things took a strange way from there and Tennessee pulled back its offer although signed by their athletic director at the time and Schiano. Contract was for $27.7 million over 6 years with 75% guaranteed.

If I were in Schiano's shoes I would settle for no less than $6 million. If I was Tennessee, I'd jump at that settlement.

You?

I was called away before I had chance to provide in OP a link to background providing Tennessee's stance that the contract lacked required signatures. It was signed by Tennessee's Athletic Director at the time and Schiano. It was not signed by the school's CFO.

Why Greg Schiano May End Up Receiving Millions From Tennessee

Tennessee's main challenge is that, within the four corners of the MOU, it does not make it clear that the chief financial officer's signature on the document is a condition precedent for the MOU to be binding on the parties.

On the other hand, there are signature lines for key individuals at the university that remained blank. Why include those signature lines in the first place if the individuals' signatures were not necessary to make the document binding on the parties?​

Last edited:

Forum List

Back