Ball brothers won't last a month in Lithuania

rightwinger

Award Winning USMB Paid Messageboard Poster
Aug 4, 2009
LiAngelo, LaMelo Ball will 'last a month maximum' in Lithuania, former player says

Brust said the transition from sunny Southern California to the cold climate will be rough on the brothers. Given their age, the fact that few Lithuanians in the small town of 7,500 speak English, and the fact there is barely any sunlight in the winter months, it's not an ideal place to live.

“My American teammates and I would literally count down the days until we got back to America,”

Given how the Ball brothers are used to their daddy looking out for them and having everything their way, they are in for a rude awakening. A 16 year old playing against adults in a league where they will have no influence over the refs will be brutal

This is supposed to highlight their skills for the NBA

Former American players say the rural Lithuanian town where the two teens have signed to play is like living on a farm. No restaurants, no malls, but hey, no traffic congestion. Players stay at the Royal SPA Residence in Birstonas, 10 minutes from the arena.

"You can count on one hand the amount of street lights in that city," said veteran American pro player Billy Baron, who spent his rookie season in Europe at Rytas Vilnius for the man who will be the Ball brothers' new coach, Virginijus Seskus. "There is nothing to do in that place. It's the ultimate life of going to practice and back to the hotel."

Signing them is a publicity stunt for sure, and it's working," Baron said. "The Balls are on SportsCenter, but I'm here laughing because I know exactly what's waiting for them on the other side. When LaMelo gets hit with one of those screens, he might not be able to stand up. Those guys are bangers, Lithuanians play like it's a UFC match. ... If Vegas put a line on the Balls' over-under in Lithuania, I think they'd break it off after a month. Maybe it does work, I'm not hating on the kids, but the odds are stacked against them."

Forum List

Back