How much do you plan to spend on Christmas this year?

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by chanel, Dec 3, 2011.

1. chanel

chanel Silver Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,749
    I was watching CNN this morning and they were discussing how no one has really learned anything about budgeting and saving in spite of the economic downturn. Americans are expected to spend far more on Christmas this year than ever. They are right, but I didn't like their condescending tone, speaking about their fellow Americans like children.

It got me thinking about how I could CARE LESS if people overspend this Christmas. It's none of my business. But I would appreciate the same respect in return and ask that the unemployed, overextended, and OWS supporters not ask me for one more dime to bail them out.

Thank you. :eusa_whistle: Happy Shopping.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  2. old navy

old navy <<< Action Figures

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +379
    I've already stimulated the economy enough this year with new cars and guns. I have to help pay for my daughter's wedding later in the year so hopefully my wife will spend less than usual.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  3. Douger

Douger BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +915
    About $18 for 3 kilos of organic lamb.:cool: Making gyros,cucumber salad, hummus, served on baked spinach tortillas, and yet to decide what to do with my eggplant.
    OK toss in another $80 for a couple of jugs of Anakena Ona and some Ouzu.

The plane tickets to Chile are next. Gotta go down and take care of bidness so you murkins can have those extremely overpriced Kiwi fruit with your Dunkin' Donuts and triple sausage McMuffins..:lol::lol::lol:

4. laughinReaper

laughinReaper Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +582
    About as much as any other year. I have one rule. I only use cash. If I don't have the cash to pay for it, the stuff stays at the store. I always manage to get everyone something decent and I never have a credit card bill in January.

5. alan1

alan1 USMB Mod Staff Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,769
    Hahahahahahaha

Remember when Mr Obama said something about not going to Las Vegas, or something like that?

Well dayum............
    That was early Christmas. I took my daughters and their respective boyfriends to Las Vegas for 5 days as their Christmas present.

That's right, my Christmas shopping is done the gifts have already been given.

P.S.
    I spent a lot and it was paid for in cash.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
  6. Big Black Dog

Big Black Dog Gold Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,703
    I don't know exactly how much I will spend on Christmas this year. Like laughinReaper, cash only. I've given the wife some money already - $2,000.00 for some Christmas gifts she wanted to purchase for some friends and I've bought her present - well, one of them, and it cost me right at $9,000.00. She wanted a Brother Quattro 2 6700D Sewing and Embroidery Machine. So, I need to get her a little something to go with that. Me? I don't particularly want anything and don't have any big desires for anything so I don't care if Santa skips me this year. Most likely we will spend about $15,000 on Christmas this year.

7. syrenn

syrenn BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,403
    On gifts for others it usually runs about 3k. We shop year round for ourselves so don't "give" gifts to each other for the holidays. New decorations can run us about 1k each year. I don't even want to know what the electric bill is!

8. Mr. H.

Mr. H. Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15,394
    $.001 million.

9. Jackson

Jackson Gold Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,677
    The kids have most eveerything they want, so I will give them a box with 100 dollar bills and put on the card, I love you 100 times more. Mom and dad will get $500 each to their favorite stores and the inlaws giftcards to restaurants. Finish up with books for each of the boys.

One year I spent so much, they had to take a nap after opening half the presents. That was too much.

10. Avatar4321

Avatar4321 Diamond Member Gold Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,153
    As little as possible. But then im not big on material gifts