How Many?

That brief history of Miami from the 80s to 1993 was informative and all, however, it didn't make any kind of point whatsoever.

My suggestion for you is to go to Miami and try buy something from behind the counter in a convenience store.

I lived in Florida. Demanding English fluency is nonsensical because it does not address the core economic issues.

See, this is where the crack kicks in and takes you into your own stream of consciousness.

That brief history of Miami from the 80s to 1993 was informative and all, however, it didn't make any kind of point whatsoever.

My suggestion for you is to go to Miami and try buy something from behind the counter in a convenience store.

I lived in Florida.

That explains a bit.

Let me guess: Palatka, amirite?

(Palatka is the West Virginia of Florida)

Key West.

So you wear pink and purple jelly shoes, then?

Pffttt........no.

Cutoffs and
mountain-boots1-1.jpg
during the winter with a sweat shirt because it's cold and all. Cutoffs or dresses with sandals in the summer unless on the bike.

I'm sorry you're kind of slow?

I'm sorry, you're on crack?
Try to focus on having the conversation. You are such a coward you get frustrated and resort to these kinds of pathetic posts.

I don't blame her because you do it to everyone.

If you don't know English you're not ready to come here Al queda.

My grandmother came here and never learned English. Can you imagine that? I wouldn't even allow my own grandmother in. So you know I'm not being a hypocrite. How the hell did she pass the test?

And she never worked a day in her life. My grandfather did but he dies at 66 years old. She lived to 96. So we paid her social security for 30 years.

I educate students of all backgrounds, without prejudice or division. Whoever needs help.

Wait a minute, isn't it Unkotare that tutors foreign students?

Among other things.
On weekends he dables in nocrophiliacing and sometimes moonlights as a fluffer. He got fired as a fluffer for telling the actors they weren't good but never tell them exactly what he means. Just after the scene they look over and he's shaking his head in disappointment

It's sad to see that some people have let their Know-Nothing hysteria get so out of control that they hate their own ancestors. WTF?

For all of us descendants of immigrants, if our earliest ancestors arriving in the US were held to a strict standard of having fluent English and immediately marketable, in-demand skills, how many of them would have been turned away?

Answer: Most

And who cares? Until wages go up for workers we are cutting immigration in half.

Wrong. Watch and see.
You mean cutting immigration won't raise wages? That's what I think. For once we agree I think. You're always so vague I can't tell.

Republicans say supply and demand. If less workers then employers will have to raise wages to keep good workers.

I think Republicans are going to flood the market with government employees when they cut the government in half. So they need to cut immigration back. You watch.

I lived in Florida. Demanding English fluency is nonsensical because it does not address the core economic issues.
Do you have me on block?

You understand it. You just don't like it. English and relevancy.

No, really, try again. What the heck is your point?

The original point is that the issues are economic and marketable, in-demand skills are not lacking in the population here.Pretending that there is a need for them is a lie. People with less skills WILL and have displaced the low wage earners and draw from the public resources. It doesn't address the problems because it lowers the the wages for people with marketable skills so now there are more that need the resources. There is a vast difference between the immigration of yore and the immigration of today. No real comparison.

The second addressed English fluency and having the standard does not address the over all issues. It's a distraction from the economic issues which is the cause. It has been tried and didn't appear to solve a damn thing because it wasn't a the cause. It was and still is reactionary.
So the problem is too many people.

Daniel didn't understand wax on wax off at first either

It's sad to see that some people have let their Know-Nothing hysteria get so out of control that they hate their own ancestors. WTF?
Mexican Americans proved they didn't give a fuck same with Arabs like Chaldeans here in Detroit who voted for Trump and now see ice rounding up their family members. Their seeing elections have consequences.

So most of us don't care about our ancestors. I'm Greek. I wouldn't make special exception for Greeks.

And I don't hate my Yaya but she would have had to learn English before coming. If she can't she's clearly not smart and she cost America for 30 years. Millions in Medicare Medicaid and social security. Fact

Forum List

Back