How many times have the Trumps told us where they get their money? Shouldn't we believe them?

deanrd

Gold Member
May 8, 2017
"Russians make up a pretty disproportionate cross-section of a lot of our assets. We see a lot of money pouring in from Russia,” Trump’s son, Donald Jr., said at a real estate conference in 2008, according to a trade publication, eTurboNews.

Donald Trump and the mansion that no one wanted. Then came a Russian fertilizer king
“And then the Russian came along.”
It’s a tale that’s now coming to a sad end: That $100 million mansion, once the most expensive home in America, has become its most expensive tear-down. Not a single trace of the compound remains, and soon even its address will disappear: The 6.3-acre estate on which it stood has been broken into three parcels, and one of them has already sold.

Eric Trump Reportedly Bragged About Access to $100 Million in Russian Money
Dodson had planned to play nine holes with Trump and Eric, along with pro golfer Greg Norman and Trump’s bodyguard, and when he got there, Dodson asked where Trump was getting money. “He just sort of tossed off that he had access to $100 million,” said Dodson, whose curiosity was piqued:

“So when I got in the cart with Eric,” Dodson says, “as we were setting off, I said, ‘Eric, who’s funding? I know no banks—because of the recession, the Great Recession—have touched a golf course. You know, no one’s funding any kind of golf construction. It’s dead in the water the last four or five years.’ And this is what he said. He said, ‘Well, we don’t rely on American banks. We have all the funding we need out of Russia.’ I said, ‘Really?’ And he said, ‘Oh, yeah. We’ve got some guys that really, really love golf, and they’re really invested in our programs. We just go there all the time.’ Now that was three years ago, so it was pretty interesting.”

A number of reports have indicated the Trump Organization received substantial financing from Russia when the business was struggling in the mid 1990s and again during the Great Recession, since major U.S. banks had refused to loan money to him. Most recently, Reuters reported that a group of 63 Russia billionaires have invested nearly $100 million in several Trump properties in Florida.

-----------------------------------

If the entire Trump family is telling us they get Russian Money, shouldn't we accept the fact they are rolling in Russian money?

When it comes out of the mouths of the Trump's, can you still call it "fake news"?

How many times have the Trumps told us where they get their money?
I don't know.

Shouldn't we believe them?
That depends (1) on what they said and (2) on what information has come to light corroborating or refuting what they said. Simply taking them at their word is a privilege none of them have earned, as far as I'm concerned, and that at least one of them has permanently ensured they can never re-earn. At this point, that's so for any Trump attestation, not just ones about wherefrom they got their money.

th_smiley_emoticons_gaehn.gif

• Banned
How many times have the Trumps told us where they get their money?
I don't know.

Shouldn't we believe them?
That depends (1) on what they said and (2) on what information has come to light corroborating or refuting what they said. Simply taking them at their word is a privilege none of them have earned, as far as I'm concerned, and that at least one of them has permanently ensured they can never re-earn. At this point, that's so for any Trump attestation, not just ones about wherefrom they got their money.
Funny, right wingers worship the Trumps but don't seem to believe a word they say.

Odd that.

Forum List

Back