How many taxpayer dollars did Obama burn in losing the 2016 Olympics?

hey burger boy - who spent more time on vacation than good ole Jr, other than Ronnie Braindead Raygun

According to FOX and CNN, the trip cost over 900 grand. And that's just the cost to transport the prez. It doesn't include the cost of sending James Brown, er, I mean Michelle Obama over there.
What a friggin' fiasco!

If we consider all of the international airline trips, housing, parties, government employees time, etc that went into Obama's attempt to win the 2016 Olympic games for his fellow Chicago cronies.... I can't help but wonder how many tens of millions of US taxpayer dollars he burned in the process. I wonder if he and Michelle will need to go on another taxpayer funded date to raise their spirits over this terrible failure?

Anybody care to guess how much taxpayer money he blew?

Apparently it was a good thing that he did. According to posters here, he personally, thru his ineptitude, blew the good chance Chicago had to host the Olympics. And, according to posters here, Olympics are money losing events. So....I figure, by going to Copenhagen and personally losing the bid, Obama saved the U.S. millions of dollars.
STRAWMAN ALERT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

no, his ineptitude was becoming involved
as i TOLD you in that other thread

According to FOX and CNN, the trip cost over 900 grand. And that's just the cost to transport the prez. It doesn't include the cost of sending James Brown, er, I mean Michelle Obama over there.
What a friggin' fiasco!

Whatever this cost, it was less than if 'we' had gotten the nod.

If we consider all of the international airline trips, housing, parties, government employees time, etc that went into Obama's attempt to win the 2016 Olympic games for his fellow Chicago cronies.... I can't help but wonder how many tens of millions of US taxpayer dollars he burned in the process. I wonder if he and Michelle will need to go on another taxpayer funded date to raise their spirits over this terrible failure?

Apparently it was a good thing that he did. According to posters here, he personally, thru his ineptitude, blew the good chance Chicago had to host the Olympics. And, according to posters here, Olympics are money losing events. So....I figure, by going to Copenhagen and personally losing the bid, Obama saved the U.S. millions of dollars.

And yet, you cannot explain why his becoming involved turns to ineptitude. Chicago is HIS CITY. The U.S. is HIS COUNTRY. Bravo to him for trying. :clap2:

But some people are too petty and wish failure on our president and our chances for Olympic hosting.

What a friggin' fiasco!

Whatever this cost, it was less than if 'we' had gotten the nod.

So, you are happy that Obama "scared" the IOC away from Chicago, right?

Chicago supporters crushed, confused by early elimination - USATODAY.com
Chicago supporters crushed, confused by early elimination

By Mike Dodd and Judy Keen, USA TODAY
CHICAGO — A huge sign hung on an office building across from the downtown civic rally in Daley Plaza Friday morning, showing the Chicago 2016 logo, a woman weightlifter and the word "IMAGINE" in capital letters.
Imagine, indeed. The still-gathering crowd of several thousand supporters never dreamed their city's Olympic bid would end like this.

An audible gasp swept through the plaza when the large-screen video boards showed Jacques Rogge, International Olympic Committee president, announce Chicago's elimination in the first round of voting for the 2016 Summer Games. That was followed by a buzz of disbelief, as if the spectators weren't sure they heard the announcement correctly.

"People were confused. This wasn't supposed to happen," said Rob Gray, 40, of Chicago, who arrived at the plaza at 8:30 a.m. local time, more than three hours before the scheduled announcement of the winner.

"I felt like I was going to throw up. …. like somebody just punched me in the stomach," added three-time Olympic gold-medal winning swimmer Rowdy Gaines, who served as master of ceremonies for what was expected to be a celebration. "It was one of those feelings I haven't felt too many times in my life."

Many in the crowd which had packed the plaza with flags and posters left immediately, while more than 1,000 lingered in shock. The plaza remained half-full about 90 minutes later when the word came that Rio de Janeiro won the bid with a convincing majority over Madrid in the final round.

Spectators described themselves as "numb" and "heartbroken" by the stunning result. Some, like restaurateur Sisay Abebe, originally from Ethiopia, stayed up all night to watch the presentations from Copenhagen. <more>

And yet, you cannot explain why his becoming involved turns to ineptitude. Chicago is HIS CITY. The U.S. is HIS COUNTRY. Bravo to him for trying. :clap2:

But some people are too petty and wish failure on our president and our chances for Olympic hosting.

Considering that Rush said he wanted Obama to fail, it seems to me the Olympics is only one more of these failures Rush and his friends are looking for...

Chicago supporters crushed, confused by early elimination - USATODAY.com
Chicago supporters crushed, confused by early elimination

By Mike Dodd and Judy Keen, USA TODAY
CHICAGO — A huge sign hung on an office building across from the downtown civic rally in Daley Plaza Friday morning, showing the Chicago 2016 logo, a woman weightlifter and the word "IMAGINE" in capital letters.
Imagine, indeed. The still-gathering crowd of several thousand supporters never dreamed their city's Olympic bid would end like this.

An audible gasp swept through the plaza when the large-screen video boards showed Jacques Rogge, International Olympic Committee president, announce Chicago's elimination in the first round of voting for the 2016 Summer Games. That was followed by a buzz of disbelief, as if the spectators weren't sure they heard the announcement correctly.

"People were confused. This wasn't supposed to happen," said Rob Gray, 40, of Chicago, who arrived at the plaza at 8:30 a.m. local time, more than three hours before the scheduled announcement of the winner.

"I felt like I was going to throw up. …. like somebody just punched me in the stomach," added three-time Olympic gold-medal winning swimmer Rowdy Gaines, who served as master of ceremonies for what was expected to be a celebration. "It was one of those feelings I haven't felt too many times in my life."

Many in the crowd which had packed the plaza with flags and posters left immediately, while more than 1,000 lingered in shock. The plaza remained half-full about 90 minutes later when the word came that Rio de Janeiro won the bid with a convincing majority over Madrid in the final round.

Spectators described themselves as "numb" and "heartbroken" by the stunning result. Some, like restaurateur Sisay Abebe, originally from Ethiopia, stayed up all night to watch the presentations from Copenhagen. <more>
USA TODAY

Not from a Chicago paper, which always recognized where 'Chicago' was...

Mayor Daley of Chicago led the attempt to bring the Olympics to Chicago NOT Barrack Obama. Daley personally called Obama who flew on an 18 hour trip there and back to try to sway the Olympic committee. Unlike George Bush who went to China and sat on his ass for four days while American soldiers died because this country was involved in two wars. The cost of Bush's security was in the millions.

Talk about a "terrible failure"? Talk about what Republicans did to this country for the last 8 years.

Don't you guys ever give up? You're so pathetic. Pathetic, desperate and tragic. It's quite sad.

So now the Olympics is compared to being attacked by maniac radicals?---:lol::lol:

what part of he shouldn't have involved himself in the Olympics bid do you not get?

anyone that actually followed the Olympics bid process knew Rio was gonna get it
where are his advisers?
this is what was inept

Last edited:
This is a fair question. It would be interesting to see how much tax payer cash was flushed on this one. I know the Hopey Changeys have been busy attacking the original poster of this thread but i really do think it's a fair question. Hmm?

Last edited:

Forum List

Back