How many taxpayer dollars did Obama burn in losing the 2016 Olympics?

Single Dad

Aug 18, 2009
Michigan
If we consider all of the international airline trips, housing, parties, government employees time, etc that went into Obama's attempt to win the 2016 Olympic games for his fellow Chicago cronies.... I can't help but wonder how many tens of millions of US taxpayer dollars he burned in the process. I wonder if he and Michelle will need to go on another taxpayer funded date to raise their spirits over this terrible failure?

Anybody care to guess how much taxpayer money he blew?

If we consider all of the international airline trips, housing, parties, government employees time, etc that went into Obama's attempt to win the 2016 Olympic games for his fellow Chicago cronies.... I can't help but wonder how many tens of millions of US taxpayer dollars he burned in the process. I wonder if he and Michelle will need to go on another taxpayer funded date to raise their spirits over this terrible failure?

Mayor Daley of Chicago led the attempt to bring the Olympics to Chicago NOT Barrack Obama. Daley personally called Obama who flew on an 18 hour trip there and back to try to sway the Olympic committee. Unlike George Bush who went to China and sat on his ass for four days while American soldiers died because this country was involved in two wars. The cost of Bush's security was in the millions.

Talk about a "terrible failure"? Talk about what Republicans did to this country for the last 8 years.

Don't you guys ever give up? You're so pathetic. Pathetic, desperate and tragic. It's quite sad.

I didn't expect any different. Does anyone honestly believe that the world wants to submit to the TSA bullshit just so that they can watch the Olympics?

we lost lots and lots and lots.

That may bet the best way to quantify the tax dollars lost. It will be a HUGE task to try and document all of the travel, government employee pay, etc. Maybe I should just settle for "lots and lots and lots". :lol:

Mayor Daley of Chicago led the attempt to bring the Olympics to Chicago NOT Barrack Obama. Daley personally called Obama who flew on an 18 hour trip there and back to try to sway the Olympic committee. Unlike George Bush who went to China and sat on his ass for four days while American soldiers died because this country was involved in two wars. The cost of Bush's security was in the millions.

Talk about a "terrible failure"? Talk about what Republicans did to this country for the last 8 years.

Don't you guys ever give up? You're so pathetic. Pathetic, desperate and tragic. It's quite sad.

So your answer is BUT BUT BUT BOOOOOOOOOOOOOSH!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for the predictable laugh. :lol:

I thought he saved taxpayer dollars in losing the olympics?

Yawn. You don't mean that our President actually attended the real Olympics??? Really? HOW UNAMERICAN!!!

Tell me, how many soldiers are in harms way now in Iraq and Afghanistan while BO is flying back from this disaster of a trip? Hmmm?? Yeah, Bush went to the Olympics to support our athletes, but he didn't take Oprah and all her "people". He didn't fly on 4 seperate planes sending his wife and entourage ahead for a little face time with the people. He didn't go to China with the express intent of trying to bilk dollars from the IOC into a failing Illinois economy.

Don't you guys ever wake up???? Talk about pathetic, desperate and tragic? Imagine what it must be like on that plane right now....how sad.

Yawn. You don't mean that our President actually attended the real Olympics??? Really? HOW UNAMERICAN!!!

Tell me, how many soldiers are in harms way now in Iraq and Afghanistan while BO is flying back from this disaster of a trip? Hmmm?? Yeah, Bush went to the Olympics to support our athletes, but he didn't take Oprah and all her "people". He didn't fly on 4 seperate planes sending his wife and entourage ahead for a little face time with the people. He didn't go to China with the express intent of trying to bilk dollars from the IOC into a failing Illinois economy.

Don't you guys ever wake up???? Talk about pathetic, desperate and tragic? Imagine what it must be like on that plane right now....how sad.
No shit!
I'll tell ya' how it's going on the plane right now. They're all partying it up. Making plans for using that big ol' shiney expensive plane for their next vacation. James Brown, er, I mean Michelle Obama is tellin' the messiah:
"So honey, where are we flying to next?, I mean it's not like you're actually doing your job or anything like that. And it gets SOOOOOO boring sitting around that big ol' beautiful house. Can we go to Hawaii next week?. Oh please oh please oh please oh please!. Our plan is working beautifully. All those dumbasses who drank the juice and voted for ya', are now footing the bill for all of these wonderful vacations. Ya' see, I told you being the first lady would be a neato experience!. We sure fooled those gullible morons, eh honey?"

I don't mind Obama using his plane. It belongs to institution of president.

I do mind when rest of government complain about CEO's using corporate jets while buying jets for their own use... a shame.

And what of the eeeeeviiilllll carbon footprint, created by flying four jet airliners to Denmark and back?

Apparently it was a good thing that he did. According to posters here, he personally, thru his ineptitude, blew the good chance Chicago had to host the Olympics. And, according to posters here, Olympics are money losing events. So....I figure, by going to Copenhagen and personally losing the bid, Obama saved the U.S. millions of dollars.

So you agree with Michelle, the 'sacrifices...' LOL!

No shit!
I'll tell ya' how it's going on the plane right now. They're all partying it up. Making plans for using that big ol' shiney expensive plane for their next vacation. James Brown, er, I mean Michelle Obama is tellin' the messiah:
"So honey, where are we flying to next?, I mean it's not like you're actually doing your job or anything like that. And it gets SOOOOOO boring sitting around that big ol' beautiful house. Can we go to Hawaii next week?. Oh please oh please oh please oh please!. Our plan is working beautifully. All those dumbasses who drank the juice and voted for ya', are now footing the bill for all of these wonderful vacations. Ya' see, I told you being the first lady would be a neato experience!. We sure fooled those gullible morons, eh honey?"

Now we know what YOU would do if president. :lol:

Forum List

Back