How many R-W'ers on here are in favor of Spicer banning TV cameras???

The thread's title says it all.......How many right wingers agree with Spicer that TV cameras (and at times even audio equipment) should be banned from media outlets and......by inference.......deny the public of what the WH is proposing for the rest of us or responding to media queries?

After all, who works for whom?..

So, defend or attack Spicer's (Trump, actually) unilateral banning of TV coverage.

If it dicks off the media, I don't care. We will still see and hear the news of the day and I think they will hand out a paper to the press. Trump will give it to us straight. So much less wiggle room for them to twist things around. It might be a permanent thing or just temporary to screw with the Press or as an experiment, as after all, two things are certain these days:

A). The Press is no longer after the news but to dictate opinion.

B). The Administration works for us the people, not the fricking Press.

The thread's title says it all.......How many right wingers agree with Spicer that TV cameras (and at times even audio equipment) should be banned from media outlets and......by inference.......deny the public of what the WH is proposing for the rest of us or responding to media queries?

So, defend or attack Spicer's (Trump, actually) unilateral banning of TV coverage.

I think the Daily Press briefing is a waste of time and manpower. The so-called journalists at the White House have almost unfettered access to the Communications Directorate and can get their questions answered at any time. I strongly support the idea of doing away with them. As it is, administration officials have press briefing ad nauseum and they put out more information.

I think press briefings should only be held when appropriate to deal with breaking news.

I agree. I also think they should just end the briefings as they are a joke.
I don't agree. For those who care, there should be an idea that the President answers to the nation via press conferences. We need the transparency.

So the 150 years prior to televised press briefings, there was no transparency? They weren't held accountable?

The press should stop lying. If they continue to act like a hostile army. They will be treated like a hostile army.

I don't care about press briefings because I don't care what the press has to offer.

What does it have to offer?

Spicer is the WH version of "Baghdad Bob"..........Given the screwing over of the 1st amendment, Trump's version of "news" should be just through his tweets and Fox and Friends interviews.....

How does the press briefing not being Televised screw over the first amendment?

Poor thing, do you need your daily fix of fake news reporters grandstand for the cameras? If it were me, I'd ban the suckers form the WH grounds, issue daily press briefings in writing and reporters would submit questions in writing by snail mail. If they want to play the part of the opposition, treat them that way.

I don't care for it. Now it comes across as the administration is really on trial.

170623180209-white-house-press-briefing-image-648-780x439.jpg

This is typical of most Republicans, to attempt to hide from the American people – whether it’s the Trump WH banning cameras or Senate Republicans composing legislation in secret.

I don't agree. For those who care, there should be an idea that the President answers to the nation via press conferences. We need the transparency.

Trump talks directly to the nation via twitter. The media cannot be trusted to ask questions that are important so they are pretty much useless. Maybe if they ever get their shit together and their heads out of the democrats asses, at least to the point where the questions will actually matter, then reinstate it.

I would not favor banning TV cameras from WH press briefings. That way we can all see what was said with our own ears and compare that to what the media portrays it as. No censorship, that's always a bad idea IMHO.

All Trump has done is shift the control of information from the LWNJ Media back into his hands. The MSM have clearly demonstrated that they cannot be trusted to present it to us unfiltered. The role of the Press is to REPORT the News, not reshape it according to a personal agenda in order to create fake propaganda. What Trump has done is not inhibit the news, but rather to free it up!

An elected official that lies with every breath denies the free press of the world's preeminent democracy to let the people see the answers to questions. And 20% of the population think this is ok.

There is no need to wonder how a democracy dies in the modern world, this is how it is done. Slowly, one cut at a time, while holding political rallies to give the appearance of 'acceptance' of this pile of dogshit.

"The death of democracy is not likely to be an assassination from ambush. It will be a slow extinction from apathy, indifference, and undernourishment." - Robert M Hutchins -

“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H. L. Mencken

“Our great democracies still tend to think that a stupid man is more likely to be honest than a clever man, and our politicians take advantage of this prejudice by pretending to be even more stupid than nature made them.” - Bertrand Russell -

So the 150 years prior to televised press briefings, there was no transparency? They weren't held accountable?
We really don't know. Think of the Teapot Dome. That couldn't happen if there was more transparency. The people's right to know.

We really don't know. Think of the Teapot Dome. That couldn't happen if there was more transparency. The people's right to know.
The people, for reason of national security, do have any right to know everything the government is doing.

The people, for reason of national security, do have any right to know everything the government is doing.
Did you forget the word "not?" (I've done that before...)

I agree. And when questions are asked that involve national security, they say so. I think people have the right to have administration explain what they are doing and if they are keeping their promises to the people. And, no tweeting does not take the place of press conferences.

I assume Spicer wants the cameras gone so SNL will have to come up with another skit for Mcarthy. I couldn't really care less. I never watch the briefings. Can you tell me why I should care?

Forum List

Back