how many people have frozen to death because of this statement??

Not for lack of trying genus. More plants will be forced to close in the future, and if Obama continues with his EPA regulations on energy, and if he were able to enact his cap and trade crap ( which he wants) energy prices will skyrocket for everyone. food prices are up, fuel prices are way up since Obama. the only reason they are not worst then they are is because of fracking on private land, which Obama and his leftist friends don't like either.

Trick question: Who had higher gas prices, Obama or Bush? - San Jose Mercury News

On fracking.

The Obama administration’s proposed new fracking rules cover federal lands. The administration hopes they can also be a model for state regulations on private lands, where most fracking occurs.

The rules would set standards for integrity of wells and managing polluted water that flows back to the surface. It’s the first big attempt at federal oversight of the fracking boom sweeping across the country.

Read more here: WASHINGTON: Obama position on fracking leaves both sides grumbling | National | McClatchy DC

gas price was $1.86 per gallon when Obama came I and when Obama opens up more federal land for energy exploration get back to me I don't haft to look at your links also your boy wants "Cap and trade" do you favor that?

hey remember when Obama campaigned he would put an end to oil speculators who he claimed were driving up gas prices? remember when he criticized oil man bush for allowing this practice to happen? I guess he plans to keep this promise right after he keeps some of his other promises like terminating the patriot act and closing gitmo

Check the prices of other things like milk, eggs, bread, and so forth here: Top Picks (Most Requested Statistics) : U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics

You will see electricity price increases have not outpaced these other goods. So the premise of this topic is false.

You will find electricity prices have actually risen in pace with...inflation: CPI Inflation Calculator

The electricity industry itself says the same thing:
As with virtually all other goods, the price of electricity has risen over the years. Underlying factors affecting this upward trend include higher prices for generating fuel (e.g. coal), the need for new infrastructure, and environmental concerns. Compared to other goods, the increase in electricity prices has been relatively low.

AEP.com - Rising Cost Of Electricity

The PREMISE is the idiot in chief WANTED people to FREEZE to death as HE WANTED as he said:
"Under my plan of a cap and trade system, electricity rates would necessarily skyrocket." Obama: I?ll make energy prices ?skyrocket? « Hot Air

The point is IF more logical rational people then this idiot hadn't worked to find alternatives IN SPITE of his efforts to make RATES skyrocket they didn't!
Obama doesn't care if people froze to death as long as the utility rates skyrocketed and utilities went bankrupt!
WHY is that attitude an acceptable attitude for the chief Executive of the USA?
I AGREE rates haven't BUT IN SPITE of the idiot in chief's desire to have them skyrocket they haven't!
YET you idiots ignore that! THINK for a second!
IF INSTEAD Obama said.. "i'm all in favor of REDUCING utility rates "... where would they be TODAY???

And GW wanted everyone to own a house...how did THAT work out.

Let's take the score...Obama's stated desire hasn't happened AT ALL.
GW's stated desire occurred and caused a GLOBAL market crash.

When Obama said he wants to increase the cost of lighting and heating your home....of course his asswipe followers didn't believe him.

I never thought I'd lived to see the day when a President wanted and much less SAID that he wanted these events to happen:
"Under my plan of a cap and trade system, electricity rates would necessarily skyrocket." Obama: I?ll make energy prices ?skyrocket? « Hot Air

"if somebody wants to build coal utility plant it’s just that it will bankrupt them,![/I][/B][/COLOR]"
http://www.ksl.com/?sid=22890041&nid=148&title=utah-company-blames-president-obama-for-102-workers-laid-off&s_cid=featured-4"

Folks... do you understand that WHEN a President encourages skyrocketing utility rates PEOPLE DIE from freezing?
Do you understand that ALL of us are seeing the results of a President THAT WANTS to bankrupt utilities and have our utility bills skyrocket!

AND all supposedly because of "global warming" while 90-percent of the country below freezing Tuesday!
Weather Blog: Dangerous Cold Tuesday « CBS Philly

This is absolutely disgusting... YOU idiot supporters of global warming as Obama and today it is below FREEZING in parts of Florida!
CRAP from ultra-rightwing sewer sites. I stopped paying attention to the lies they were screaming 3 years ago. I think it was around the time they were condemning Obama for playing golf every two weeks. Or maybe it was around the time they were condemning him for taking a weeks vacation at Cape Cod while forgetting that bush occasionally spent a month on vacation in Crawford.

Stupid fuck....gas prices in the winter are lower than the summer based on lower demand.

As for the supply of oil so-called increasing under Obama....that is only because of the drilling permits approved in Bush's terms. It takes time for the drilling to take place, dumbfuck.

Oh, Obama has slowed the number of approved permits...so he is trying to slow it down.

Funny how gas is about a buck and a quarter cheaper than August 2008.

Turns out that there was not the political will behind C&T (which was the context of Obama's statement after all :cuckoo: )

Login to access the Oil & Gas Journal Subscriber Premium features.

Check the prices of other things like milk, eggs, bread, and so forth here: Top Picks (Most Requested Statistics) : U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics

You will see electricity price increases have not outpaced these other goods. So the premise of this topic is false.

You will find electricity prices have actually risen in pace with...inflation: CPI Inflation Calculator

The electricity industry itself says the same thing:

AEP.com - Rising Cost Of Electricity

The PREMISE is the idiot in chief WANTED people to FREEZE to death as HE WANTED as he said:

The point is IF more logical rational people then this idiot hadn't worked to find alternatives IN SPITE of his efforts to make RATES skyrocket they didn't!
Obama doesn't care if people froze to death as long as the utility rates skyrocketed and utilities went bankrupt!
WHY is that attitude an acceptable attitude for the chief Executive of the USA?
I AGREE rates haven't BUT IN SPITE of the idiot in chief's desire to have them skyrocket they haven't!
YET you idiots ignore that! THINK for a second!
IF INSTEAD Obama said.. "i'm all in favor of REDUCING utility rates "... where would they be TODAY???

And GW wanted everyone to own a house...how did THAT work out.

Let's take the score...Obama's stated desire hasn't happened AT ALL.
GW's stated desire occurred and caused a GLOBAL market crash.
So, you have to lie to participate in this thread? Sad..

I never thought I'd lived to see the day when a President wanted and much less SAID that he wanted these events to happen:

"if somebody wants to build coal utility plant it’s just that it will bankrupt them,![/I][/B][/COLOR]"
http://www.ksl.com/?sid=22890041&nid=148&title=utah-company-blames-president-obama-for-102-workers-laid-off&s_cid=featured-4"

Folks... do you understand that WHEN a President encourages skyrocketing utility rates PEOPLE DIE from freezing?
Do you understand that ALL of us are seeing the results of a President THAT WANTS to bankrupt utilities and have our utility bills skyrocket!

AND all supposedly because of "global warming" while 90-percent of the country below freezing Tuesday!

This is absolutely disgusting... YOU idiot supporters of global warming as Obama and today it is below FREEZING in parts of Florida!
CRAP from ultra-rightwing sewer sites. I stopped paying attention to the lies they were screaming 3 years ago. I think it was around the time they were condemning Obama for playing golf every two weeks. Or maybe it was around the time they were condemning him for taking a weeks vacation at Cape Cod while forgetting that bush occasionally spent a month on vacation in Crawford.

Obama haters like to twist what he says, take it out of context, or completely make it up, then present it as what he said so they can believe it, and, apparently, in the hopes others will believe it too. Not everyone in the country is so filled with blind, stupid hate as they are, so these 'revelations' are ignored by the majority of the country.

the obamadrone g-500 falling on a mortar defending his idol? :lmao:

what else is new?

Five years along in an Obama Administration and electricity prices have not skyrocketed, genius. They haven't even gone up as much as other commodities. They have barely kept up with inflation.

So to answer the retarded question in your topic title: Zero.

Welcome to reality.

Try to keep your idiocy under your hat.

Only because the REPUBLICANS prevented him from ramming his Cap and Trade bullshit down our throats. Had he had his way you would be paying three times what you do now. Put that in your pipe and smoke it!

Obama haters like to twist what he says, take it out of context, or completely make it up, then present it as what he said so they can believe it, and, apparently, in the hopes others will believe it too. Not everyone in the country is so filled with blind, stupid hate as they are, so these 'revelations' are ignored by the majority of the country.

Yeah sure. Take this out of context....

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HlTxGHn4sH4]Obama: My Plan Makes Electricity Rates Skyrocket - YouTube[/ame]

Wow. Look at all the wailing and gnashing of teeth trying to conceal the fact the premise of the topic title is a complete FAIL. :lol:

Okay, so saying that energy prices skyrocketing would be a good thing does not sound good. I admit it. Satisfied?

He still won twice, despite this quote being out there for years, repeated endlessly. It's on you to get past that fact. Americans just aren't convinced it's as outrageous as you think it is. Get over it, loser boy.

McCain spent the 2008 election singing jokey songs about bombing Iran. Now that was outrageous.

American voters just had their priorities right. Live with it, doof boy.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HlTxGHn4sH4]Obama: My Plan Makes Electricity Rates Skyrocket - YouTube[/ame]

Here is the rest of what he said where your out of context clip ends:

They — you — you can already see what the arguments will be during the general election. People will say, “Ah, Obama and Al Gore, these folks, they’re going to destroy the economy, this is going to cost us eight trillion dollars,” or whatever their number is. Um, if you can’t persuade the American people that yes, there is going to be some increase in electricity rates on the front end, but that over the long term, because of combinations of more efficient energy usage, changing lightbulbs and more efficient appliance, but also technology improving how we can produce clean energy, the economy would benefit.

If we can’t make that argument persuasively enough, you — you, uh, can be Lyndon Johnson, you can be the master of Washington. You’re not going to get that done.

They — you — you can already see what the arguments will be during the general election. People will say, “Ah, Obama and Al Gore, these folks, they’re going to destroy the economy, this is going to cost us eight trillion dollars,” or whatever their number is. Um, if you can’t persuade the American people that yes, there is going to be some increase in electricity rates on the front end, but that over the long term, because of combinations of more efficient energy usage, changing lightbulbs and more efficient appliance, but also technology improving how we can produce clean energy, the economy would benefit.

If we can’t make that argument persuasively enough, you — you, uh, can be Lyndon Johnson, you can be the master of Washington. You’re not going to get that done.

And none of what he said will occur. Energy usage continues to increase, and if your wet dream of forcing everyone into electric vehicles were to happen there isn't enough grid power (much less renewable sources) to power them. At a mere ten percent of vehicle usage you would collapse the grid.

Nice try but you fail again.

And, for the record, the OP HAS occurred. It happened in the UK where they HAVE implemented Obama's wet dream. The only people making out are the power generators, as usual, the poor get screwed, just like every other "progressive" wet dream.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/pol...as-thousands-of-homes-left-without-power.html

Last edited:

And none of what he said will occur. Energy usage continues to increase, and if your wet dream of forcing everyone into electric vehicles were to happen there isn't enough grid power (much less renewable sources) to power them. At a mere ten percent of vehicle usage you would collapse the grid.

Nice try but you fail again.

And, for the record, the OP HAS occurred. It happened in the UK where they HAVE implemented Obama's wet dream. The only people making out are the power generators, as usual, the poor get screwed, just like every other "progressive" wet dream.

Wind farms handed £5 million to switch off turbines as thousands of homes left without power - Telegraph

At no point have I said I agree with Obama's premise. It is actually quite flawed for reasons I will outline. However, his statement plainly shows he believes his program would be a long term economic benefit. His goal is not to hurt the economy as so many of you strawmen builders claim.

He's wrong about cap and trade working to our long term benefit though. So, basically, he is wrong, and his detractors are wrong. You are opposed to him for entirely wrong reasons, and that is why Obama keeps winning. Because you are punching at strawmen while he is dancing with the voters in the next room.

The OP asked how many people have frozen to death as a result of what Obama said. And the answer to that question is ZERO. None. And there has not been a big surge in electricity costs as pre-supposed by the fool who started this topic.

The topic starter, and others here, live in some bizarro world in their minds that has no parallels in reality. If you don't even know that no one has frozen to death because of Obama, and if you don't know that electricity prices have not "skyrocketed", then you are really far gone.

As for cap and trade, the consumption tax aspect of it is actually preferable to taxes on production. Consumption taxes are the preferred method of taxation for any right thinking conservative. We need to move this country more toward consumption taxes and away from taxes on production. Liberals would like to just add Pigovian taxes on top of existing taxes. This is where they are just plain evil.

Consumption taxes aside, the the cap and trade plan is seriously flawed on the "trade" side. Anyone familiar with the Enron trading schemes, as well as the fraudulent securities and derivatives trading schemes of Wall Street in the years leading to the crash, can figure out in about ten seconds exactly how to exploit the cap and trade plan. Wall Street would quickly drive the price of electricity through the roof while banking the profits. They are well practiced at stealing from the common man and getting away with it. Hell, some of their victims right here on the forum defend them with the energy of rabid dogs. It's some sick co-dependency thing.

Wall Street would love nothing more than for cap and trade to become the law of the land. They could ass rape Americans at will and then the demagogues would convince the rubes it is the fault of the EPA. :lol:

Just like they convinced the rubes this last crash was the CRA's fault. ;)

Last edited:

Five years along in an Obama Administration and electricity prices have not skyrocketed, genius. They haven't even gone up as much as other commodities. They have barely kept up with inflation.

So to answer the retarded question in your topic title: Zero.

Welcome to reality.

Try to keep your idiocy under your hat.

You are correct.

Does the low price of natural gas have anything to do with that ?

Forum List

Back