how many people have frozen to death because of this statement??

I never thought I'd lived to see the day when a President wanted and much less SAID that he wanted these events to happen:
"Under my plan of a cap and trade system, electricity rates would necessarily skyrocket." Obama: I?ll make energy prices ?skyrocket? « Hot Air

"if somebody wants to build coal utility plant it’s just that it will bankrupt them,![/I][/B][/COLOR]"
http://www.ksl.com/?sid=22890041&nid=148&title=utah-company-blames-president-obama-for-102-workers-laid-off&s_cid=featured-4"

Folks... do you understand that WHEN a President encourages skyrocketing utility rates PEOPLE DIE from freezing?
Do you understand that ALL of us are seeing the results of a President THAT WANTS to bankrupt utilities and have our utility bills skyrocket!

AND all supposedly because of "global warming" while 90-percent of the country below freezing Tuesday!
Weather Blog: Dangerous Cold Tuesday « CBS Philly

This is absolutely disgusting... YOU idiot supporters of global warming as Obama and today it is below FREEZING in parts of Florida!

Five years along in an Obama Administration and electricity prices have not skyrocketed, genius. They haven't even gone up as much as other commodities. They have barely kept up with inflation.

So to answer the retarded question in your topic title: Zero.

Welcome to reality.

Try to keep your idiocy under your hat.

Obama said it would happen under his cap and trade policies. Cap and trade didn't stand a chance in congress, so most of the policy is being slowly put into place by the EPA chief. We're not there yet because Obama is having trouble implementing it without the approval of congress. The EPA chief is working on it quietly and, yes, costs of utilities will skyrocket if cap and trade becomes a reality. Of course, for Goldman Sachs, it will be payday (as if they need it) because they come in on the trade part of the policy. For the rest of us, it's all about a cap on usage and higher costs.

Most of us conserve now simply because we can't afford not to.

I never thought I'd lived to see the day when a President wanted and much less SAID that he wanted these events to happen:
"Under my plan of a cap and trade system, electricity rates would necessarily skyrocket." Obama: I?ll make energy prices ?skyrocket? « Hot Air

"if somebody wants to build coal utility plant it’s just that it will bankrupt them,![/I][/B][/COLOR]"
http://www.ksl.com/?sid=22890041&nid=148&title=utah-company-blames-president-obama-for-102-workers-laid-off&s_cid=featured-4"

Folks... do you understand that WHEN a President encourages skyrocketing utility rates PEOPLE DIE from freezing?
Do you understand that ALL of us are seeing the results of a President THAT WANTS to bankrupt utilities and have our utility bills skyrocket!

AND all supposedly because of "global warming" while 90-percent of the country below freezing Tuesday!

This is absolutely disgusting... YOU idiot supporters of global warming as Obama and today it is below FREEZING in parts of Florida!

Five years along in an Obama Administration and electricity prices have not skyrocketed, genius. They haven't even gone up as much as other commodities. They have barely kept up with inflation.

Welcome to reality.

You are correct.

Does the low price of natural gas have anything to do with that ?

Oh darn! Did Obama forget to regulate natural gas companies out of business?
I'd better get him on the phone!

So we are having one cold winter out of the past ten, whoopie!!!! Did you know that Argentina is having a record heat wave, and it's lasted for months?

Seven people die in the worst heat wave ever recorded in Argentina

Seven people die in the worst heat wave ever recorded in Argentina - Americas - World - The Independent

In Argentina, A Winter Heat Wave Brings Record Highs

It's still officially wintertime in Buenos Aires, but the city is in a record heat wave. Tuesday's high was 34.4 degrees Celsius (94 degrees Fahrenheit), the hottest temperature recorded in September since 1940, La Nacion reports.

"The unusually high temperatures are expected until tomorrow and may reach the maximum of 40 degrees," the Buenos Aires Herald reports.

That's 40 degrees, again, in Celsius — so, around 104 degrees Fahrenheit.

In Argentina, A Winter Heat Wave Brings Record Highs : The Two-Way : NPR

But I know, it's only the weather in the US that matters. The rest of the world is insignificant. :cuckoo:

So we are having one cold winter out of the past ten, whoopie!!!! Did you know that Argentina is having a record heat wave, and it's lasted for months?

Seven people die in the worst heat wave ever recorded in Argentina

Seven people die in the worst heat wave ever recorded in Argentina - Americas - World - The Independent

In Argentina, A Winter Heat Wave Brings Record Highs

It's still officially wintertime in Buenos Aires, but the city is in a record heat wave. Tuesday's high was 34.4 degrees Celsius (94 degrees Fahrenheit), the hottest temperature recorded in September since 1940, La Nacion reports.

"The unusually high temperatures are expected until tomorrow and may reach the maximum of 40 degrees," the Buenos Aires Herald reports.

That's 40 degrees, again, in Celsius — so, around 104 degrees Fahrenheit.

In Argentina, A Winter Heat Wave Brings Record Highs : The Two-Way : NPR

But I know, it's only the weather in the US that matters. The rest of the world is insignificant. :cuckoo:

And when it was the winter time they were slammed by extreme cold. Do try to keep up....

Between 20-25th July a mass of very cold air suddenly froze a large area of southern South America (where temperatures had been running above average for weeks prior to the abrupt change).

Snow was recorded for the first time since 1996 at Catamarca, Argentina (28°S and located at about 500m/1,650’), and cold rain (temperatures of 5-6C/41°-43°F) at sea level altitudes like Florianopolis, Brazil. Montevideo, Uruguay also experienced rain with temperatures as low as 3C (37°F). The town of Campos Novos, Brazil (at an elevation of 947m/3,100’) had a high temperature of just 3.6°C (38.5°F) and low of -2.7°C (27.1°F) on July 23rd, a daily average of almost freezing (0.9°C/32.8°F). There was no precipitation at the site that day, if so it probably would have been snow. In fact, a little snow was reported in Brazil in the hills above nearby Curitiba for the first time since 1975.

Weather Extremes : Cold Snap hits southern South America. UPDATE: my 'big fish' story!;-) | Weather Underground

Obama doesn't care if people die or suffer. Everyone should have already known that before he was elected. His record as State Senator shows his disregard for human life in his blocking of BAIPA. Then there's Benghazi. What kind of person can ignore the pleas from embassy workers for help when they were under attack, and just go to bed while they're being killed? No one should should trust this president, he has spit in the faces of not only the Americans who oppose him but in the faces of his own supporters. How stupid can liberals be?

Not for lack of trying genus. More plants will be forced to close in the future, and if Obama continues with his EPA regulations on energy, and if he were able to enact his cap and trade crap ( which he wants) energy prices will skyrocket for everyone. food prices are up, fuel prices are way up since Obama. the only reason they are not worst then they are is because of fracking on private land, which Obama and his leftist friends don't like either.

Trick question: Who had higher gas prices, Obama or Bush? - San Jose Mercury News

On fracking.

The Obama administration’s proposed new fracking rules cover federal lands. The administration hopes they can also be a model for state regulations on private lands, where most fracking occurs.

The rules would set standards for integrity of wells and managing polluted water that flows back to the surface. It’s the first big attempt at federal oversight of the fracking boom sweeping across the country.

Read more here: WASHINGTON: Obama position on fracking leaves both sides grumbling | National | McClatchy DC

gas price was $1.86 per gallon when Obama came I and when Obama opens up more federal land for energy exploration get back to me I don't haft to look at your links also your boy wants "Cap and trade" do you favor that?

At best, that is a disingenuous argument. I don't support cap and trade.

Historical Gas Price Charts - GasBuddy.com

Wow. Look at all the wailing and gnashing of teeth trying to conceal the fact the premise of the topic title is a complete FAIL. :lol:

So according to you there have been ZERO people who have frozen to death because Obama said he wanted utility rates to skyrocket? Right?
I just asked the question. I didn't say there were though.
But which has the greater possibility of occurring:
A person unable to pay utility bills that have skyrocketed because Obama said""Under my plan of a cap and trade system, electricity rates would necessarily skyrocket." Obama: I?ll make energy prices ?skyrocket? « Hot Air

OR as we have found out that more rational and common sense has forced abandonment of cap and trade by the GOP House?

Obviously Obama's stupid cap and trade system was not passed in 2010!
People will be frozen though I'm sure due to not being able to pay utilities and when a President makes a stated goal to skyrocket utility rates
and more rational and common sense thwart his plan... what does that say about the intelligence and experience of Obama?
IDIOT is what that is!

And under HIS directions i.e. he appoints EPA executives... our country has suffered because INSTEAD of asking HOW can we help
lower the price of utilities.. this administration is doing EVERYTHING possible to INCREASE the costs!

Obama said: "if somebody wants to build coal utility plant it’s just that it will bankrupt them,![/I][/B][/COLOR]"
And then he orders the EPA...

EPA itself estimated that its ozone standard would cost $90 billion a year, while other studies have projected that the rule could cost upwards of a trillion dollars and destroy 7.4 million jobs.
Boiler MACT Rule: EPA's Boiler MACT (Maximum Achievable Control Technology) standards are so strict that not even the best-performing sources can meet them, so many companies will have no choice but to shut their doors and ship manufacturing jobs overseas.
The rule has been projected to reduce US GDP by as much as 1.2 billion dollars and will destroy nearly 800,000 jobs.
Articles: Obama's EPA Plans for 2013

Welcome to reality.

IDIOCY?? OBAMA SAID he wanted rates to skyrocket! That's the point! Are you that dumb to defend an idiot THAT WANTS rates to increase??

HOW f...king stupid to make the statement and even dumber to defend someone who makes!
The point was RATHER then working on LOWERING RATES much less keeping them the same HE ENCOURAGED EPA etc. to make rates skyrocket!

Thank God the utilities weren't as lazy as Obama and worked to keep the rates from SKYROCKETING which is WHAT THIS idiot and you wanted!

AGAIN... what kind of person WOULD want rates to skyrocket?? Instead of working to lower them HE DID EVERYTHING to increase them!

How about a real issue next time and not a manufactured one?

Check the prices of other things like milk, eggs, bread, and so forth here: Top Picks (Most Requested Statistics) : U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics

You will see electricity price increases have not outpaced these other goods. So the premise of this topic is false.

You will find electricity prices have actually risen in pace with...inflation: CPI Inflation Calculator

The electricity industry itself says the same thing:

AEP.com - Rising Cost Of Electricity

The PREMISE is the idiot in chief WANTED people to FREEZE to death as HE WANTED as he said:

The point is IF more logical rational people then this idiot hadn't worked to find alternatives IN SPITE of his efforts to make RATES skyrocket they didn't!
Obama doesn't care if people froze to death as long as the utility rates skyrocketed and utilities went bankrupt!
WHY is that attitude an acceptable attitude for the chief Executive of the USA?
I AGREE rates haven't BUT IN SPITE of the idiot in chief's desire to have them skyrocket they haven't!
YET you idiots ignore that! THINK for a second!
IF INSTEAD Obama said.. "i'm all in favor of REDUCING utility rates "... where would they be TODAY???

And GW wanted everyone to own a house...how did THAT work out.

Let's take the score...Obama's stated desire hasn't happened AT ALL.
GW's stated desire occurred and caused a GLOBAL market crash.

Lol, carter actually started it. Grew legs under clinton, bush arned about it mid way into his term. Which barney frank called bush a liar. Nice try on talking points your a great tool.

Welcome to reality.

IDIOCY?? OBAMA SAID he wanted rates to skyrocket! That's the point! Are you that dumb to defend an idiot THAT WANTS rates to increase??

HOW f...king stupid to make the statement and even dumber to defend someone who makes!
The point was RATHER then working on LOWERING RATES much less keeping them the same HE ENCOURAGED EPA etc. to make rates skyrocket!

Thank God the utilities weren't as lazy as Obama and worked to keep the rates from SKYROCKETING which is WHAT THIS idiot and you wanted!

AGAIN... what kind of person WOULD want rates to skyrocket?? Instead of working to lower them HE DID EVERYTHING to increase them!

Actually the uncontrolled nature of the EPA and how they are regulating businesses out of existence (which IS happening, and they want to do more) without the benefit of legislation to enable them to do what they are doing is both troubling and pressing. The issue isn't manufactured at all.

Welcome to reality.

Nah! America NEEDS manufacturing.

Welcome to reality.

But people like you obviously NEVER knew that Obama WANTED higher gas prices. Wanted utilities to go bankrupt. Wanted rates to skyrocket.
And this was before he was elected. My point is if this is the agenda of the President of the USA how could any one elect someone that wanted Americans to
suffer higher gas prices, higher utilities, and see businesses fail?
Is that a positive agenda? Everything Obama has presented is to destroy not to build.

But the majority of people that voted for Obama DIDN"T know about this agenda and as a result ONLY reason to vote for him was he was black. A racist attitude for sure.

But people like you obviously NEVER knew that Obama WANTED higher gas prices. Wanted utilities to go bankrupt. Wanted rates to skyrocket.
And this was before he was elected. My point is if this is the agenda of the President of the USA how could any one elect someone that wanted Americans to
suffer higher gas prices, higher utilities, and see businesses fail?
Is that a positive agenda? Everything Obama has presented is to destroy not to build.

But the majority of people that voted for Obama DIDN"T know about this agenda and as a result ONLY reason to vote for him was he was black. A racist attitude for sure.

Didn't know? It was all over the news.
Oh, I forgot, that was FoxNews, the most watched Cable channel.
And yet NOBODY knew...:eusa_whistle:

The Obama Admin is infested with CAGW alarmists. They would shut down all fossil fuel production if they could. Production is booming because of fracking on private land.
This Admin would shut that down if they could.

1) When will this skyrocketing happen?
2) You don't understand Global Climate Change. That's your problem.
3)Not even you nutters cannot blame Obama for frozen oranges in Florida.

The Obama Admin is infested with CAGW alarmists. They would shut down all fossil fuel production if they could. Production is booming because of fracking on private land.

Oh good grief. What a stupid thing to write.

You need an infestation of facts.

Oh wait. You're in AZ.

Never mind.

Oh good grief. What a stupid thing to write.

You need an infestation of facts.

Oh wait. You're in AZ.

Never mind.

Luddly. I am going to find you.

:lol:

No kidding.

Forum List

Back