How many of you let your pets sleep on your beds?

My pets have always slept in the bed with me whether dog or cat. Dog beds are for naps.

Studies have proven that women sleep better and more soundly next to a dog more than a partner,
It has to be genetic from the dim hunter gatherer past.

My pets have always slept in the bed with me whether dog or cat. Dog beds are for naps.

Studies have proven that women sleep better and more soundly next to a dog more than a partner,

I try and keep my distance from the dogs at night.
Damn things are like small nuclear reactors with all the heat they put out.

If I had a big dog there's no way it'd sleep with me.
But I got a 9 pound Yorkie. She sleeps like a log and doesn't shed. :)

6217ca093721676961303611047e0670.jpg

OMG just adorable how dare you bahaah.

She's a rescue too. Not in the sense that I got her at humane society, just a loosie that was running around on the Boise Greenbelt filthy and looking like a mini-sasquatch. No collar - took her to vet, no chip. Put up notices at all the nearby HOAs and an ad on Craig's. Couple people responded but were sending bogus pictures of what their supposedly lost dog looked like. One of 'em was straight out of Google images which linked to a breeder back east (LoL) - Probably somebody had to leave town in a hurry and/or could no longer take care of her. Vet said she was less than a year old (they can tell from teeth when young) and in perfect health. So got her all the shots, had her groomed and she became a valued family member. Loves everything and everybody. Makes friends even with cats and doesn't bark unless somebody's front door. I pretty much lucked out. :)

If I had a big dog there's no way it'd sleep with me.
But I got a 9 pound Yorkie. She sleeps like a log and doesn't shed. :)

6217ca093721676961303611047e0670.jpg

OMG just adorable how dare you bahaah.

She's a rescue too. Not in the sense that I got her at humane society, just a loosie that was running around on the Boise Greenbelt filthy and looking like a mini-sasquatch. No collar - took her to vet, no chip. Put up notices at all the nearby HOAs and an ad on Craig's. Couple people responded but were sending bogus pictures of what their supposedly lost dog looked like. One of 'em was straight out of Google images which linked to a breeder back east (LoL) - Probably somebody had to leave town in a hurry and/or could no longer take care of her. Vet said she was less than a year old (they can tell from teeth when young) and in perfect health. So got her all the shots, had her groomed and she became a valued family member. Loves everything and everybody. Makes friends even with cats and doesn't bark unless somebody's front door. I pretty much lucked out. :)

See I knew you were a softie and had a mushy heart in there some where. xxxxx :twirl: :highfive:

When my youngest was off at college, her 50 pound border collie would sleep in our bed, most often at my feet, My two Shih Tzus would take up positions on either side of me. I would wake up and with the dogs holding down the covers, I could not move!

Now, the dogs have been banned from our new bed because I caught one chewing on the bed post, so now our cat sleeps right next to me.

Our miniature schnauzer has in the past but he usually sleeps on one of his three or four beds placed around the house now. Normally the one in the master bedroom.
View attachment 327392
Aw, he's a handsome boy!
Thank you. He gets a lot of attention out in public and I think he knows it but he has a very sweet personality. He loves meeting new people and other dogs.
I've seen that little mutt tree a 400 lbs black bear so I used to call him fearless Fritz until a coyote bitch with pups and no sense of humor taught him a little respect for other critters. He still can't resist squirrels though.

LOL....My last female Boxer was way to friendly for her own good.
She tried to make friends with a porcupine,skunk and a Hog.
Needless to say it didnt go well for her.
There are a few skunks around but fortunately Fritz hasn't met any as yet.

While the smell is horrible it's not as bad as the whining and barking when she had to sleep in the barn for a few days.

My sister and let our two cats into our bedrooms. Both of our kitties spend a LOT of time on my sister's bed. She DOES have separate heating pads for them on her bed! And they like to get in her lap or on her legs while she's reading in bed. Our male cat pretty much stays out of my room, but our female loves to come in, usually at least a couple times a night or morning, and get right up by my head and onto my pillow. She likes to put her head ON the side of my face. I like it because I can hear AND feel her purring. She never stays for long, usually only 5-10 minutes, then she's off on her merry way. Pets ARE precious.
My dogs sleep in our bed for part of the night at least.

It never bothered me

I try and keep my distance from the dogs at night.
Damn things are like small nuclear reactors with all the heat they put out.
They really do put out heat! It is amazing. My terrier/BC mix always had to sleep under the covers next to me...awesome heating pad.

When my cat was alive he always slept with me in my bed (actually he also slept in my bed alone :))

I remember a while back or think so, we mentioned our old pets? Did you lose your kitty recently, If so, SO SORRY!!!! I could use a generic response "get another" We know when, it's not easy. I lost one of my two and my little guy old. Doing good but shows so old. Pets such a part of us. Lost my parents 20 years apart, no tears, regret, memories yes, tears, no. Lose a pet I bawl like baby 2 weeks or more.

I also remember in your intro you mentioned being here to improve your English. It's better than most people on this board!

Gray one is Eeyore, lost him Aug 2 2018. Pinto is Bo-Wu. Means "little wizzard in Chinese (Chinese Hairless Cresteds) Only he calls himself "Wu" Goes "I Wu" just did it a few min ago.

They don't shed either!

CJEYOw8.jpg
hO0rswn.jpg

Forum List

Back