How many know this GOP proposal?

Gadawg73

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2009
Georgia
Luxury tax on health care benefits. If your group policy and/or benefits ismore than just the average basic coverage then you and/or your company will no longer be able to write off your taxes all of the premiums on your luxury benefits.
Unions, government workers, retired military, AARP, teachers and many others OPPOSE this GOP plan. I favor it as blank check health care HAS TO END.

The GOP had years to fix HC , they didnt seem very eager to do even what they NOW purpose is their plan.

Actions speak louder than words, they liked the current system just fine even ifd it meant Americans got sick and died without healthcare.

Uh...John Kerry proposed the Cadillac Tax on health care plans.

When did he join the GOP? Please provide a link.

The GOP had years to fix HC , they didnt seem very eager to do even what they NOW purpose is their plan.

Actions speak louder than words, they liked the current system just fine even ifd it meant Americans got sick and died without healthcare.

The myth is that government will fix it.
Government can influence, through legislation, how the free market can fix it but government never is the solution to free market forces.
However, I do agree that they had their shot at a bill for years and did nothing.
Sometimes the results of a politician doing nothing are far better than anything they faked doing.

It's a Democrat Plan. Tell it to them.

A proposal to tax health insurance companies who offer the most expensive coverage plans is gathering support in a key Senate panel as a way to pay for a portion of the health care reform bill.

Sen. John Kerry, Massachusetts Democrat, has put together a proposal to tax the companies that offer so-called "gold-plated" insurance plans. ...

Tax eyed on insurers' "gold-plated" plans - Washington Times

Government can influence, through legislation, how the free market can fix it but government never is the solution to free market forces.
However, I do agree that they had their shot at a bill for years and did nothing.
Sometimes the results of a politician doing nothing are far better than anything they faked doing.

Please pull up a time in history where free market unfettered by ANYTHING let alone government ever produced what you claim it will?

Wrong, it was a bi-partisan plan long before Kerry. Goes all the way back to Nixon. Democrats coined the phrase "Cadillac tax" under Clinton.
Just 2 years ago George Mitchell, Bob Dole and Howard Baker provided this key provision in their health care summit framework.
Are Bob Dole and Baker Democrats?
You must be a union man. The union exemption still stands and Republicans favor everyone being subject to it.

Please pull up a time in history where free market unfettered by ANYTHING let alone government ever produced what you claim it will?
The ROARING Twenties.

Wrong, it was a bi-partisan plan long before Kerry. Goes all the way back to Nixon. Democrats coined the phrase "Cadillac tax" under Clinton.
Just 2 years ago George Mitchell, Bob Dole and Howard Baker provided this key provision in their health care summit framework.
Are Bob Dole and Baker Democrats?
You must be a union man. The union exemption still stands and Republicans favor everyone being subject to it.

Uh...dood...in the present situation, John Kerry made the proposal to tack this onto the bill - and the bill itself is virtually devoid of GOP support.

If you are looking for someone to blame, the Dems get all the credit.

(BTW, I'm a gal - and I do not belong to a union.)

Forum List

Back