how many in the FBI are like Strzok?

I believe the majority of FBI are on the up and up. Unfortunately morons like Comey and Stzrok bloodies the entire organization.

sets a goal, meets goal, raises goal

Trevor Noah rips 'scam' by former FBI agent Peter Strzok after firing

Sounds to me like someone found a cash cow

The thing about being in a federal law enforcement position like the one held by Peter Strzok is it is not a profession one can practice in a bubble. Middle management everywhere faces the same career hell, although a hell that comes with less moral, ethical and patriotic heavy lifting, than middle management for the FG. From above, upper management watches your every move and much like the pixelated amphibian in Frogger forces the middle manager to cross the heavily congested highways of carrying extra duties the boss should be doing but instead hands off to his fall guy.

End of day, upper management writes performance reviews, sends you for polygraphs and holds the clearances your job depends on in the sweaty palm of his hand. Lower management and field grunts spend much of their time coming up with ways to take your job in the most creatively destructive ways possible. They want to be your friend, get you to be yourself around them, so they report your unprofessional behavior, or tell upper management you threatened to fire them or harassed them in some other way. And all of that is just day to day life within the Agency.

Now imagine the pressure of coordination with other federal agencies; of mending fences you think could be broken before they are and finding out there never were fences to begin with, of keeping up professional appearances in the face of interagency task forces where every other agency is out to take their own credit for the combined scores. Add to all of that dealings with foreign actors, agents, debriefings, and taking the risk that what you're doing could either benefit and protect your country, or make it more vulnerable to enemy foreign intelligence elements out to do it real harm.

Strzok, I suspect, let his power go to his head, made promises to please his lover he could never keep at his paygrade but sacrificed all kind of professional bearing and procedure to satiate her sense of adventure anyway, and was overeager to please upper managers and beyond who held serious political hatred for Donald Trump. Mueller and Rosenstein likely promised Strzok status as hero of the U.S. along with promotion to some kind of agency directorship if he did their bidding to the end and ended Trump's presidency. However, in the end Strzok lost that thing he likely loved most: the power thrill of serving as a federal agent and possible black ops crackerjack.

Now he'll write books--possibly pen a made for TV movie screenplay. He'll take his GoFundMe fortune and buy a Boston Whaler, run it out into the Chesapeake and who knows, maybe some North African terror cell will blow him sky high for making promises he couldn't keep. Maybe then they will make a movie about that.

Or

Maybe I've read one too many political thrillers . . .

Forum List

Back