How many extrasolar planets will be discovered by 2020?

How many extrasolar planets will be discovered by 2020?

• 2,000 to 3,000

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 3,000 to 4,000

• 4,000 to 5,000

• 5,000 to 6,000

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • 6,000 to 8,000

• 8,000 to 12,000

• 12,000 to 15,000

• 15,000 to 20,000

• More then 20,000

• Total voters

ScienceRocks

Democrat all the way!
Mar 16, 2010
The Good insane United states of America
How many extrasolar planets will be discovered by 2020? We have 4,600 Candidates for Kepler alone and around 90% of these will possibly get confirmed. So around 4,100 will probably be planets!!! We added 500 more a few weeks ago. ;) Tess will discover even more! James web, and Gaia.

I'll say ~1,950 currently will go up to around 5,000 by 2020. I wouldn't be surprised to see this higher.

Kepler Discoveries

• Banned
Who cares? Its not like we can get to them.

Learning about our universe is important and wonderful thing to do. Also, who said we can never get to them??? Generationalship and "warping" of space may just make it possible.

The attitude that we shouldn't do something is why so many people are poor and live in their own waste.

Who cares? Its not like we can get to them.

Learning about our universe is important and wonderful thing to do. Also, who said we can never get to them??? Generationalship and "warping" of space may just make it possible.

The attitude that we shouldn't do something is why so many people are poor and live in their own waste.
I just said we can never get to them. Of course learning about our universe is important but not as important as taking care of this planet first.

• Banned
Humanity should know our universe as knowledge is power...Do we wish to know if there's other species of intelligence? Do we wish to get at the resources that could make it possible to maintain our civilization??? A lot of reasons to support space exploration.

Humanity should know our universe as knowledge is power...Do we wish to know if there's other species of intelligence? Do we wish to get at the resources that could make it possible to maintain our civilization??? A lot of reasons to support space exploration.
You have to learn how to walk before you run. Humans have to get their stuff together on this planet first. What is it with white people and taking resources? I'm a firm believer that if there are aliens and they ever visit they are going to wipe us out because we are like viruses consuming resources where ever we go.

How many extrasolar planets will be discovered by 2020? We have 4,600 Candidates for Kepler alone and around 90% of these will possibly get confirmed. So around 4,100 will probably be planets!!! We added 500 more a few weeks ago. ;) Tess will discover even more! James web, and Gaia.

I'll say ~1,950 currently will go up to around 5,000 by 2020. I wouldn't be surprised to see this higher.

Kepler Discoveries
Maybe you can get the great and wonderful Uncle Sam to fund your efforts to find the answer.

Kepler Discoveries
Maybe you can get the great and wonderful Uncle Sam to fund your efforts to find the answer.

America leads the world because of it! ;) Fact. Civilization has always used resources to fund science.

Every single great civilization has valued it as it is an important element of that power.

Last edited:
That is a fascinating question, and worth every penny being spent on finding the answer, but we don't even know how many licks it takes to get to the middle of a Tootsie Roll Pop yet. It'll be a while till we know what all is out there.

Here's a start for you...
Astronaut Requirements - Selection and Preparation of the Astronauts - Mars One

Lol,, a scam is all you have. Nasa fucking rules and all the research into our universe wouldn't even be 1/100th of what it is today if it wasn't for them.

Lol,, a scam is all you have. Nasa fucking rules and all the research into our universe wouldn't even be 1/100th of what it is today if it wasn't for them.

NASA is a front. And it's a lie. The elites are hiding and keeping the advanced technology for themselves. Stop being so obtuse.

NASA is a front. And it's a lie. The elites are hiding and keeping the advanced technology for themselves. Stop being so obtuse.

You're a clown. hahaha. Welcome to my ignore. No one else could make the tech to give to themelves if it wasn't for nasa. Humanity would be half a century below where we're now in the understanding of space if it wasn't for nasa.

Not even space-x would be around if it wasn't for nasa.

Forum List

Back