How many democrats own guns?

Ah but that was not your question was it?

You asked and I quote

"Who are the liberals that want a complete gun ban?"

And I answered that

No you made some shit up that didn't prove anything.

So you're saying that not one liberal here or anywhere wants a gun ban?

There are people who want a gun ban. You can find people who support any position.

Can you name any with absolute certainty, though? Can you prove that any effort to ban guns in the US has ever been attempted at the legislative level?

And....I own a firearm. Have been a gun owner for my entire adult life.

ever?? the D.C. case that ended with heller's saying there can't be a total ban. ...which was reasonable. it's the way it's interpreted by the NRA pawns that's the problem.

No the first step is getting the courts to say that gun ownership is not an individual right.

So tell me if the government says that no individual has the right to own a firearm what the next step will be?

gun ownership was not an individual right for more than 200 years. prior justices, including chief justices, laughed at the idea.

heller is law. no total bans. period.

see how the court works.

Ah but that was not your question was it?

You asked and I quote

"Who are the liberals that want a complete gun ban?"

And I answered that

There are people who want a gun ban. You can find people who support any position.

Can you name any with absolute certainty, though? Can you prove that any effort to ban guns in the US has ever been attempted at the legislative level?

ever?? the D.C. case that ended with heller's saying there can't be a total ban. ...which was reasonable. it's the way it's interpreted by the NRA pawns that's the problem.

No the first step is getting the courts to say that gun ownership is not an individual right.

So tell me if the government says that no individual has the right to own a firearm what the next step will be?

Why do gun nuts act like their gun rights haven't been expanded in the past decade?

gun ownership was not an individual right for more than 200 years. prior justices, including chief justices, laughed at the idea.

see how the court works.

Really so no individual owned guns legally for more than 200 years?

And laws change all the time. That's how the courts work

see how the court works.
Slavery was an individual right...

See how the court works.....

Why do gun nuts act like their gun rights haven't been expanded in the past decade?
They haven't

I cannot buy or legally own some guns in my state. I cannot legally own a magazine of more than a 10 round capacity.

things I could do just a few years ago

One of my gay friends, who used to go to the Pulse Nightclub, asked me to teach him how to shoot and advise him on what gun to buy. I have taken him out to the range twice now and he loves it. I have absolutely no doubt that he will be voting for Hillary in the next election. He's gay, he has been brainwashed into thinking that the GOP hates gays so he must vote Democrat. I never speak about politics in social gatherings so we don't talk about it except that I have told him that if he wants to buy a gun, he needs to do it before the election.

There is no way that the only gun owners in this country are republicans. There is just to many guns being sold right now for that to be true so I wonder how many democrats feel comfortable with strict gun laws? Some of these laws are so tough that it makes it impossible to even buy one in some states (California). Do you feel comfortable with that and/or do you feel comfortable with a complete gun ban that many other 'liberals' want. I myself own a lot of guns and was able to get them with little ease (background check). I really didn't like the background check but it appears that most polls seem to think this is OK. I'm wondering how many of you secretly wish you didn't have to go through the hassle of a background check?

Who are the liberals that want a complete gun ban?

The ones in charge; 0bama, Hillary, etc.
Many in the media.
Many in Hollywood.

One of my gay friends, who used to go to the Pulse Nightclub, asked me to teach him how to shoot and advise him on what gun to buy. I have taken him out to the range twice now and he loves it. I have absolutely no doubt that he will be voting for Hillary in the next election. He's gay, he has been brainwashed into thinking that the GOP hates gays so he must vote Democrat. I never speak about politics in social gatherings so we don't talk about it except that I have told him that if he wants to buy a gun, he needs to do it before the election.

Man....you lie with the ease that most people breathe. The best part is that you think others are stupid enough to believe you.

There is no way that the only gun owners in this country are republicans. There is just to many guns being sold right now for that to be true so I wonder how many democrats feel comfortable with strict gun laws? Some of these laws are so tough that it makes it impossible to even buy one in some states (California). Do you feel comfortable with that and/or do you feel comfortable with a complete gun ban that many other 'liberals' want. I myself own a lot of guns and was able to get them with little ease (background check). I really didn't like the background check but it appears that most polls seem to think this is OK. I'm wondering how many of you secretly wish you didn't have to go through the hassle of a background check?

The polls on universal background checks are useless...the people responding are uninformed on what universal background checks are for, and why the anti gunners are pushing them so hard.....,

They tend to poll gun owners as well as non-gun owners so they kind of get what everyone thinks and right now their is a slight majority in favor of them. That is just the truth. I hate them as well since they make me stand in line for so long to answer dumb questions and how hard would it to be to create a registry from the information they have collected.

It's still uninformed opinion.

Remember California's Prop 8? that was the bill that made marriage between a man and a woman only. It was placed on the ballot in California and passed by a majority of the voters. this is essentially the most accurate poll you can get. But the courts struck it down. You know why? Because it is an essential idea by the founding fathers that we should not be a country where the majority can be allowed to vote away the rights and liberties of a minority. I don't give a rat's ass what the polls say, a majority of the people cannot be allowed to infringe on my Constitutional right to own a firearm.

Who are the liberals that want a complete gun ban?

The ones in charge; 0bama, Hillary, etc.
Many in the media.
Many in Hollywood.

No evidence to support that.

There is no way that the only gun owners in this country are republicans...?
Correct.

According to Pew, Republicans are twice as likely to be members of gun owning households than Democrats.

Overall just over one third of households contain guns in the USA.

The math tells us that 0.667 x 33% = 22% of all households are Republican which have guns, while 11% of all households are Democrat which have guns. The other 67% do not have guns, more of which are Democrat than Republican.

Thus the anti gun crowd is comprised of both Democrats and Republicans.

And the pro gun crowd is also comprised of both Democrats and Republicans.

Based on the 2012 national elections, 52% of households are Democrat while 47% are Republican. 1% are neither Dem nor GOP.

The math tells us that (52% - 11%) equals 41% of households are Democrat without guns, while 25% of households are Republican without guns.

Checking the math, 22% + 11% + 41% + 25% + 1% = 100% so the numbers tie out.

Thus the GOP is almost equally split between gun owning and non gun owning at 22% vs. 25%.

Whereas for Democrats it is 11% with and 41% without guns.

Summary:

- 41% of all households are Democrat without guns

- 25% of all households are Republican without guns

- 22% of all households are Republicans with guns

- 11% of all households are Democrat with guns

- 1% of all households are other

- 100% total households in the USA

The demographics and politics of gun-owning households

Last edited:
I live in California, don't really subscribe to a political party but my views are mostly liberal with a touch of conservatism when it comes to government spending... I own 14 guns and don't have a problem with most the gun control measures that have been proposed. Got no need for semi auto assault riffles or high capacity mags. Wouldn't be thrilled about registration or bg checking a private sale but I'm not going to cry about it either.

The NRA which I'm a member of is pretty full of shit with their propaganda, I get the letters and laugh most the time. The Left is just as full of shit with their propaganda and they are a bit misguided with their control efforts in my opinion.

You are sadly naïve. You have yours so you aren't concerned with how hard it is for anyone else. Naïve and apathetic.

They haven't

I cannot buy or legally own some guns in my state. I cannot legally own a magazine of more than a 10 round capacity.

You can't ban all guns because you can't repeal the 2nd Amendment.

Gun ban propaganda is thus paranoid proaganda with no basis in reality.

I live in California, don't really subscribe to a political party but my views are mostly liberal with a touch of conservatism when it comes to government spending... I own 14 guns and don't have a problem with most the gun control measures that have been proposed. Got no need for semi auto assault riffles or high capacity mags. Wouldn't be thrilled about registration or bg checking a private sale but I'm not going to cry about it either.

The NRA which I'm a member of is pretty full of shit with their propaganda, I get the letters and laugh most the time. The Left is just as full of shit with their propaganda and they are a bit misguided with their control efforts in my opinion.
I agree.

I have 4 guns.

I am Nonpartisan/Independent not DEM nor GOP.

I don't own an AR or an AK clone.

The NRA which I'm a member of is pretty full of shit with their propaganda

then why do you fund them by being a member
Honest answer is I inherited my guns and wanted to do the responsible thing, I like the insurance perks from the NRA but am having a hard time with the propaganda that I mentioned. While I appreciate the fight for preserving the second amendment, I dont like the distortion and manipulation of the facts. I'm most likely going to cancel my membership

Thanks for your honesty. This post shows us exactly who you are. You aren't really a supporter of the 2nd Amendment and gun rights and that is why you don't have a problem with what your state is doing.

The polls on universal background checks are useless...the people responding are uninformed on what universal background checks are for, and why the anti gunners are pushing them so hard.....,

They tend to poll gun owners as well as non-gun owners so they kind of get what everyone thinks and right now their is a slight majority in favor of them. That is just the truth. I hate them as well since they make me stand in line for so long to answer dumb questions and how hard would it to be to create a registry from the information they have collected.
This is just a lie.

Liberals do not advocate for a complete gun ban.

Not all, but many do. You know that, quit lying.

They haven't

You can't ban all guns because you can't repeal the 2nd Amendment.

Gun ban propaganda is thus paranoid proaganda with no basis in reality.

100% your usual bull shit.

The NRA which I'm a member of is pretty full of shit with their propaganda

then why do you fund them by being a member
Honest answer is I inherited my guns and wanted to do the responsible thing, I like the insurance perks from the NRA but am having a hard time with the propaganda that I mentioned. While I appreciate the fight for preserving the second amendment, I dont like the distortion and manipulation of the facts. I'm most likely going to cancel my membership

What distortion of the facts?......please list them.....
The simple implication embedded in most of their messages that the evil Left is trying to take away our right to own guns and abolish the second amendment. Its completely overblown

1. It isn't overblown one iota.
2. Even if they weren't, you have to fight for every right you have constantly. You give an inch and they take a mile. Make ti tough for the tyrants, and they are forced to compromise.

I've owned guns all my life and I wouldn't vote for a god dammed Republican on my death bed. I have a .38 Chief's Special, a .30 .30 saddle rifle and a Remington long barreled 12 gauge. Nobody who's just an everyday citizen needs a weapon like the AR-15 and the damn things should be taken out of gun stores all over America. The NRA is nothing more than a branch of the gun manufacturers and that shit should be stopped too.

Hey dumbass. The Bill of Rights is called that for a reason. It is not called the Bill of Needs. I don't have to "need" my AR-15. You don't need 3 guns either. That is why you won't vote GOP. you just aren't that good at thinking.

Lying lefties here are trying to say that if the left isn't beating on your door RIGHT NOW to take your guns away, then that means they don't ever intend to. Many on the left are actually stupid enough to believe that nonsense and the rest are simply lying out of their asses.

Forum List

Back