How many conservatives here pay for the entire cost of their health care?

Mustang

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2010
39° 44 mins 21 secs N, 104° 59 mins 5 secs W
Are you paying your own way, or are you one of those people being subsidized by others? To answer that question honestly, have you or anyone else in your immediate family received health care (like operations, treatments, and/or medications) where the cost greatly exceeded the amount you've paid in premiums, co-pays, and deductibles, etc.?

Are you paying your own way, or are you one of those people being subsidized by others? To answer that question honestly, have you or anyone else in your immediate family received health care (like operations, treatments, and/or medications) where the cost greatly exceeded the amount you've paid in premiums, co-pays, and deductibles, etc.?

Yo, $500.00 a month for full coverage! I think that is high, since I don`t use it? Maybe it should come down to a user fee?

"GTP"

My employer pays my premiums
2yrs ago it was 500 deductible, 80/20 after that with $25 doctor visits (10&20 prescriptions)
Last year it was 3000 deducible, 80/20 and $25 (15&30 scripts)

NOW it's 4000 with 70/30 after deductible....no doctor visit special copay and no prescription discounts--everything goes toward deductible

Yo, $500.00 a month for full coverage! I think that is high, since I don`t use it? Maybe it should come down to a user fee?

"GTP"

Well, if you never get sick, you're subsidizing those who do. If you or anyone else in your immediate family who is covered under your policy ever become seriously ill or injured and requires hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of health care, then you're being subsidized by everyone else who never gets seriously ill.

Medicaid,wife is pregnant and working so medicaid. We are poor thanks to the rich fucks so kids MEDICAID! :) Love it. Not bad really...pretty quick healthcare especially living in a larger city. Hard to find doctor that takes it sometimes...Pretty sad when 2 people can work and still get medicaid...oh well society made it this way we will take advantage.

Medicaid,wife is pregnant and working so medicaid. We are poor thanks to the rich fucks so kids MEDICAID! :) Love it. Not bad really...pretty quick healthcare especially living in a larger city. Hard to find doctor that takes it sometimes...Pretty sad when 2 people can work and still get medicaid...oh well society made it this way we will take advantage.

Yo, sounds like a problem the Republican President can cease! Get off your sorry ass and take care of those kids asshole, you are the problem, not the solution!!!

"GTP"

I'm socially liberal, but fiscally conservative and I paid the 220,000 for my open heart surgery out of pocket. The majority was to the hospital. My surgeon was only 4860 bucks, and he was Mayo Clinic before he moved here. They literally built the cardiac unit around him.

Last edited:

I'm socially liberal, but fiscally conservative and I paid the 220,000 for my open hart surgery out of pocket. The majority was to the hospital. My surgeon was only 4860 bucks, and he was Mayo Clinic before he moved here. They literally built the cardiac unit around him.

Yo, lucky you`re not talking to Mark Levin? He would tell you there is no such Political Party such as yours?
Glad you`re still alive!

"GTP"

I'm socially liberal, but fiscally conservative and I paid the 220,000 for my open hart surgery out of pocket. The majority was to the hospital. My surgeon was only 4860 bucks, and he was Mayo Clinic before he moved here. They literally built the cardiac unit around him.

i had stents and repairs last year

the hospital cut me a deal

a little over 70 grand

i have some maintenance medications

and some follow ups but it is still cheaper then getting insurance

feel 15 years younger

ObamaCare drove a 35 percent drop in America's uninsured rate

Approximately 16.4 million people have gained health insurance since ObamaCare went into effect, according to a report released Monday by the Department of Health and Human Services. As a result, the uninsured rate has fallen from 20.3 percent at the time of ObamaCare's debut to 13.2 percent today — a 35 percent (or 7.1 percentage point) drop.

<snip>

Most of the drop came after ObamaCare's first open enrollment period in Oct. 2013. Since then, 14.1 million adults have gained coverage. Jon Terbush

And yet-----and yet, Republicans are obsessed with destroying millions of Americans H̶e̶a̶l̶t̶h̶ ̶I̶n̶s̶u̶r̶a̶n̶c̶e̶ ☞ Healthcare.

haven"Mustang, post: 10981391, member: 22217"]Are you paying your own way, or are you one of those people being subsidized by others? To answer that question honestly, have you or anyone else in your immediate family received health care (like operations, treatments, and/or medications) where the cost greatly exceeded the amount you've paid in premiums, co-pays, and deductibles, etc.?
I have not payed for health insurance or been to.a quack in 18 years, why are liberals so sick and accident prone?

I pay full cost, with no employer contribution or ACA subsidy. I am not a conservative though. I have never required an operation or anything beyond injections and a few antibiotics/acne pills. Obviously I take good care of my health.

Seems you are also single.
Count your blessings.
Do not cast dispersions on others.

I pay full cost, with no employer contribution or ACA subsidy. I am not a conservative though. I have never required an operation or anything beyond injections and a few antibiotics/acne pills. Obviously I take good care of my health.

123-woman-holding-nose-bad-smell-400x300.jpg

ObamaCare drove a 35 percent drop in America's uninsured rate

Approximately 16.4 million people have gained health insurance since ObamaCare went into effect, according to a report released Monday by the Department of Health and Human Services. As a result, the uninsured rate has fallen from 20.3 percent at the time of ObamaCare's debut to 13.2 percent today — a 35 percent (or 7.1 percentage point) drop.

<snip>

Most of the drop came after ObamaCare's first open enrollment period in Oct. 2013. Since then, 14.1 million adults have gained coverage. Jon Terbush

And yet-----and yet, Republicans are obsessed with destroying millions of Americans H̶e̶a̶l̶t̶h̶ ̶I̶n̶s̶u̶r̶a̶n̶c̶e̶ ☞ Healthcare.

haven"Mustang, post: 10981391, member: 22217"]Are you paying your own way, or are you one of those people being subsidized by others? To answer that question honestly, have you or anyone else in your immediate family received health care (like operations, treatments, and/or medications) where the cost greatly exceeded the amount you've paid in premiums, co-pays, and deductibles, etc.?
I have not payed for health insurance or been to.a quack in 18 years, why are liberals so sick and accident prone?

Count your blessings.

That statement makes no sense boilermaker, especially since my post makes no bearing on whether or not the health system works.

I can safely say that, to-date, I have paid in way more than they have paid out. Knocking on wood that trend continues right up until my ashes are spread.

It should. It was not a contradiction about what you posted or not. It was a simple statement saying, some are lucky with their health and others are not lucky.
If health care helps an individual with poor health to lead a happier healthier life, do not take it away from them.
My personal health status has no bearing on my comment to yours.
Simply put, the "christian" attitude would be to help those that need help.

Count your blessings.

That statement makes no sense boilermaker, especially since my post makes no bearing on whether or not the health system works.

Healthcare started getting expensive about the time when insurance use started to rise.

What a coincidence.

My Mom and Dad paid about 50 bucks for me to be born in a Hospital (1963) and my Dad worked out an interest free patent plan with them .

My employer pays my premiums
2yrs ago it was 500 deductible, 80/20 after that with $25 doctor visits (10&20 prescriptions)
Last year it was 3000 deducible, 80/20 and $25 (15&30 scripts)

NOW it's 4000 with 70/30 after deductible....no doctor visit special copay and no prescription discounts--everything goes toward deductible

Sounds like a shitty employer that makes their employees pay a deductible.

Forum List

Back