How many Americans want an EV?

skookerasbil

Platinum Member
Aug 6, 2009
Not the middle of nowhere
Lol...hardly any! :deal:

Only 12% seriously considering buying one!!

The EV Graveyard Reckoning, Hardly Anyone Wants To Buy A Used One | ZeroHedge

Whoooops.....and I've been saying this for years in this space. EV's suck... Americans don't want 'em...

Worse, almost nobody buying a used one...massive EV graveyards...growing.

whoops-74379556.jpg

I just bought a Tesla Model 3 Long Range (AWD). It is significant that I will be keeping and charging it in my garage, and I also have an ICE vehicle. The Tesla may not be ideal for all purposes.

But it is the best fucking car I've ever owned. It is comfortable, insanely economical, and incredibly fast, in addition to handling like BMW's used to handle. When you floor the throttle at any speed, you are thrown back against the seat with the same force as, say, a Mustang GT in the absolute middle of its torque curve. I have taken several friends - car geeks - for a ride and they are all stunned by the acceleration. And like I say, it handles like a dream.

YOU ARE HELPING to pay for my Tesla. I will get a $7,500 FIT credit along with a $2k Pennsylvania tax credit, and I am currently enjoying six months of free supercharging on the Tesla network. In fact, I haven't even bothered to put a 220 line in my garage yet.

I would never suggest that everyone should own an EV. It just doesn't work for every lifestyle or living situation. But if you are a middle-class homeowner and you can afford one, you would be foolish not to consider it.

Right now, Tesla is far and away better than anything else available, price, features, and performance included. There are other good ones (Porsche Taycan, Hyundai EV6, etc.), but for the money the Tesla is the clear choice. Which is why the Model Y will be the best selling car in the world - of any kind - for 2023.

Electric car fires are very dangerous.
They burn hot enough to melt steel.
They can't be put out with water.
Electric cars that have been in an accident or have gone through high water are at high risk for catching fire.

But it is the best fucking car I've ever owned. It is comfortable, insanely economical,
only in the sense of recharge costs at fill ups, ignoring the far higher price the car costs, its plummeting used resale value and the massive amount it will cost to replace the battery. Taken on the whole, the EV is actually far more expensive to own and operate.

When you floor the throttle at any speed, you are thrown back against the seat with the same force as, say, a Mustang GT
Do you have a frequent call for accelerating like a rocket? Once you reach the speed limit, what then? Will you be accelerating like that on snow and ice? What about when 99 other people on the road are all showing off how they can accelerate until you all collide with each other? What will you do when you zoom ahead to cut someone off and find they too have an EV cand can zoom up to close the gap?

YOU ARE HELPING to pay for my Tesla.
So once again, if they were any good deal at all, would they be bribing you to buy one? BTW, some of those subsidies come out of your pocket as well.

Which is why the Model Y will be the best selling car in the world - of any kind - for 2023.
ITMT, a thousand Buick dealers are so sick of losing money on EVs that they refuse to carry them. :71:

I just bought a Tesla Model 3 Long Range (AWD). It is significant that I will be keeping and charging it in my garage, and I also have an ICE vehicle. The Tesla may not be ideal for all purposes.

But it is the best fucking car I've ever owned. It is comfortable, insanely economical, and incredibly fast, in addition to handling like BMW's used to handle. When you floor the throttle at any speed, you are thrown back against the seat with the same force as, say, a Mustang GT in the absolute middle of its torque curve. I have taken several friends - car geeks - for a ride and they are all stunned by the acceleration. And like I say, it handles like a dream.

YOU ARE HELPING to pay for my Tesla. I will get a $7,500 FIT credit along with a $2k Pennsylvania tax credit, and I am currently enjoying six months of free supercharging on the Tesla network. In fact, I haven't even bothered to put a 220 line in my garage yet.

I would never suggest that everyone should own an EV. It just doesn't work for every lifestyle or living situation. But if you are a middle-class homeowner and you can afford one, you would be foolish not to consider it.

Right now, Tesla is far and away better than anything else available, price, features, and performance included. There are other good ones (Porsche Taycan, Hyundai EV6, etc.), but for the money the Tesla is the clear choice. Which is why the Model Y will be the best selling car in the world - of any kind - for 2023.

Take a bow...you're in the fringe minority. Not debatable btw... :bye1:

And something not a single Oz dwelling progressive ever thought of: vandalism.

dUh

All over the country now...vandals cutting off the nozzles of charging station pumps. One the rubes couldn't see that coming.

Oz is ghey....:hello77:

At this point I'd not buy a EV out of pure spite and it pisses me off no end that the virtue-signaling buyers are getting tax breaks that I help fund.

Something else that will have to be addressed in The Great Reckoning.

Beyond that, dictating how and where you can drive.......or take a bus.

Ran across this little gem:

Only Half of All Ford Dealers Agree to Sell EVs Next Year​

Ford said on Thursday that half of all 1,550 Ford dealers chose to sell electric vehicles in 2024—down from two-thirds that said this time last year that they would opt in to sell EVs for 2023.
Buick saw a similar engagement among its dealers last year, according to Electrek, with half of Buick dealers choosing buyouts of their franchises instead of selling EVs. As a result, GM now has 47% fewer Buick dealers as of the end of this year compared to January. The hardline taken by GM with regard to its Buick dealers is in line with Buick’s ambitious plan to be all-electric by 2030.

At this point I'd not buy a EV out of pure spite and it pisses me off no end that the virtue-signaling buyers are getting tax breaks that I help fund.

Something else that will have to be addressed in The Great Reckoning.

There are at least....at least 80 million Americans who will not buy on our of pure spite....fact. Tens of millions of others just not wanting the hassle...throw in the cost plus the fact that most Americans drive trucks, SUVs and crossovers now.

Added bonus...watch how few EV performance cars Chevy and Dodge sell :deal:
No car guy wants a ghey silent car...dOy.

For the EV cheerleaders...it's a shitshow

Your Tesla is gonna cost you BIG TIME -

IMG_8833.jpeg

Forum List

Back