How Long Did It Take You?

Do you understand basic grammar?

Who does not mean What.

Seriously, what is with you guys today?

OK, you want WHO?

The answer is "people who want goods and services and are willing to pay for them"

Most of those people are NOT business owners

You gotta have a fucking job to buy shit sanjaya...in case you forgot that little item of note......how do you create demand when your fucking wallet is empty and your credit cards are maxxed out?

As I asked in another thread, when are those 4.7 million millionnaires (a 15% increase in 2009), who own 55% of all U.S. wealth going to step up and do a few things to jump start the economy? Aren't they supposed to be investing in America's future as well as their own? That's what you guys keep telling us--the private sector creates jobs. So when do they plan to begin? Only when the federal government runs out of ways to try to do it themselves?

I've gone long beyond Eco 101. But you didn't answer my question: who creates jobs?

Yes, you have gone far beyong any eco class :lol:

Demand creates jobs. Businessmen don't start businesses for which there is no demand

I'm going to side with you on this one. Demand does prompt people to start businesses. Businesses for which there is no market for their product don't survive very long.

So what creates market for their product? Other businesses who need a product in order to produce their own product. Or people with money to spend who want the product. Consumers.

Whenever any part of that process breaks down, it affects everybody. Create any form of uncertainty--and this is usually some stupid policy of government--and businesses, rather than take a big financial hit, hold back on production, expansion, hiring. That means other businesses lose market both from other businesses and from individual consumers.

And this affects the entire circle of supply and demand so that eventually almost everybody gets hurt.

Government serve us best when it can remove uncertainty and establishes policy and regulation that provides assurance of stability and allows business to have a reasonable expectation to project profits to be made. Once that happens, business buys, expands, hires, and everybody benefits.

Our current government is doing nothing to encourage assurance of stability, is rather implementing policy and regulation that creates a chaos of uncertainty, and our economy is in the toilet because of that. And unfortunately we have leaders at the helm who don't see that or don't give a damn.

Our economy is in the toilet because the American buyer was in debt up to his proverbial eyeballs, and the American dream of creating an unaffordable lifestyle that would never have to be paid for finally came to a screeching halt. Savings in 2008 was a negative percentage, but it has now risen to 4%.

keeping up with you is like watching dung beetles push around their little balls of buffalo shit.....going nowhere fast.
OK Sangriah...look....maybe you should try employment 101 and learn what it is to have a job before shooting your mouth off.

Once again, a conservative is too afraid to defend his ideas, and so is reduced to childish name calling. :lol:

I accept your surrender

Once again Sample Platter you display your inbred stupidity.....you stated in an earlier post that demand creates jobs...I countered with if you don't have a fucking job...how are you supposed to buy shit and create demand? You're flailing about now so try to make an intelligent response.

Except your logic presumes that everyone is unemployed and nobody can afford anything, which of course is not the case. There most certainly are businesses that enjoy selling a product or service that just about everyone needs. And many products that aren't needed but merely desired. How long were the lines just to buy the first I-Pad? I don't get your point at all.

How many in the military?

It is a "business" ?

How many employed in Washington? In your state capitol? in your county govt? your city govt?

How many of those are "businesses"?

I concede your point that government jobs are not 'businesses' or at least they didn't used to be before Obama.

So those belong in a separate class. However enlightened people are very aware that the great majority of those jobs take more out of the economy than they are able to put back. So are they really jobs? We call them that. And some who work in them are really working.

But it is important to distinguish between government and private sector jobs.

Even if someone has a government job or works for a contractor for the government, those employees still spend money which gets circulated throughout the economy.

Once again, a conservative is too afraid to defend his ideas, and so is reduced to childish name calling. :lol:

I accept your surrender

Once again Sample Platter you display your inbred stupidity.....you stated in an earlier post that demand creates jobs...I countered with if you don't have a fucking job...how are you supposed to buy shit and create demand? You're flailing about now so try to make an intelligent response.

Except your logic presumes that everyone is unemployed and nobody can afford anything, which of course is not the case. There most certainly are businesses that enjoy selling a product or service that just about everyone needs. And many products that aren't needed but merely desired. How long were the lines just to buy the first I-Pad? I don't get your point at all.

Don't worry about it. I've already pwned PP's ass for claiming that business owners create all jobs by pointing to govt jobs, charity workers, religious workers, etc...

Now, he's just pouting because he can't admit that not all jobs are created by business owners.

LMAO!!!
There is no doubt that you and Truthmatters are related...NO DOUBT WHATSOEVER...but at least you got this....now move on
Sanjaya.jpg

I see you are still reduced to childish insults because you can't refute what I've said

Who even gets his point with that photo? A black teenager with a funny haircut singing something? Oh wow. Shocking.

Then we can move on to creating jobs where? In China? India? Germany?

You people really did not think this free trade and globalization thing thru very well.

Many if not most of the old jobs aren't coming back, for a myriad of reasons. Therefore, it only make sense that new jobs will be in new fields of endeavor. Just as the building of the transcontinential railroad spurred the industrial revolution; Sputnik spurred space travel and all the innovations (and jobs) that sprung from that. Same can be said for the IT revolution which has been moving a light speed. If someone can figure out how to access the entire Internet with every add-on and application known to man and put it all into a hand held gizmo the size of a cell phone, then for God's sake we can figure out how to do alternative energy and start employing MILLIONS OF AMERICANS!!!

How long after the election did it take you to realize that things had gone
to hell in America?

It took me exactly 1 day! I suspected it all along but the truth came
home to roost during his first day in office.

I realized it back when we passed the patriot act. Then it was confirmed for me with the bailouts, stimulus, and tarp programs.

One month into Obama's presidency I realized he actually wasn't going to change any of this but instead continue down the same destructive progressive path his predecessor presidents were on.
"Change" any of what? I don't believe he ever said he wanted to remove the Patriot Act. And I do believe he chose the right (correct) course in assuring that a few Big Banks were not able to bring down the entire global economy, starting with the United States. To date, there has never been any proof that to do anything else would have guaranteed a better outcome.

Obama has continued, almost daily, to show me that he will force his way down that path regardless of the impact on america or its citizens.
What "impact"?? Other than projections of doom, which of course I've been hearing all my life. "OMG!! Our deficits are going to bankrupt our children!!! Social Security will be broke next year!! I'm gonna be paying 90% of my income in taxes!!! Blah blah blah." Oddly enough, the sky doesn't fall, everything gets back on track--not perfectly--but not disastrously either.

Its really a shame, maybe in 2012 we can elect our first REAL president in decades...maybe.

Any suggestions? Who is smart enough, has the stamina, and the admiration of all the American people to do any better? I'd be really curious, because that person is nonexistent.

Don't worry about it. I've already pwned PP's ass for claiming that business owners create all jobs by pointing to govt jobs, charity workers, religious workers, etc...

Now, he's just pouting because he can't admit that not all jobs are created by business owners.

You'll soon learn that it usually is a waste of time to argue with certain people on this board.

You'll soon learn that it usually is a waste of time to argue with certain people on this board.

No, it's not a waste of time. Never.

(You can PM me for an explanation if you don't understand)

Forum List

Back