How Long Did It Take You?

Simpleton or not, when you hear the term 'creating jobs' do you think of something that produces a product people are willing to buy or provides a marketable service that people are willing to pay for? Or do you think of a government job that you are going to have to help pay the salary and which won't be returning as much to the economy as it takes out.

I think of ALL kinds of jobs, like military service, charity work, religious workers, etc.

Only a nincompoop would think the military and charity workers do not return anything to the economy. Only a nincompoop thinks the word "job" applies only to people who work for profit making enterprises

I can see that without the military, we wouldn't have an economy.

And then are you honest enough to cut people some slack who are obviously distinguishing between these two things?

No because it's not true.

(muttering my mantra. I will not. . . . . with a bit of Lord give me patience thrown in.)

ginandtonic.JPG

So people create jobs by having jobs and spending money.

Course that doesn't really explain who creates jobs when no one has jobs.

Then we can move on to creating jobs where? In China? India? Germany?

You people really did not think this free trade and globalization thing thru very well.

Last edited:
simpletons cling to the bs that gov jobs aren't real jobs. GED's are all over the place today.

Simpleton or not, when you hear the term 'creating jobs' do you think of something that produces a product people are willing to buy or provides a marketable service that people are willing to pay for? Or do you think of a government job that you are going to have to help pay the salary and which won't be returning as much to the economy as it takes out.

Are you capable of seeing the difference between these two things?

And then are you honest enough to cut people some slack who are obviously distinguishing between these two things?

Plenty of gov jobs have way more value than public jobs mr GED. Pres, Auditors (IRS), military, yada yada

wow no shortage of crybabies. 90% still have jobs or would Mcfossil have averted the recession.

If Palin/MCcain had been elected the recession would have been immediately over and we would be walking in tall cotton now.
Darned Obama and his recession.

I think of ALL kinds of jobs, like military service, charity work, religious workers, etc.

Only a nincompoop would think the military and charity workers do not return anything to the economy. Only a nincompoop thinks the word "job" applies only to people who work for profit making enterprises

I can see that without the military, we wouldn't have an economy.

No because it's not true.

(muttering my mantra. I will not. . . . . with a bit of Lord give me patience thrown in.)

And another conservative gives up one I've revealed their cowardly and dishonest attempt to change the subject.

What's the matter? Don't have the guts to admit you were wrong to say that all jobs are created by business owners?:lol:

How about if he comes back with fist pounding next time
" only business creates jobs" ya turbo-lib?

How long after the election did it take you to realize that things had gone
to hell in America?

It took me exactly 1 day! I suspected it all along but the truth came
home to roost during his first day in office.

I realized it back when we passed the patriot act. Then it was confirmed for me with the bailouts, stimulus, and tarp programs.

One month into Obama's presidency I realized he actually wasn't going to change any of this but instead continue down the same destructive progressive path his predecessor presidents were on.

Obama has continued, almost daily, to show me that he will force his way down that path regardless of the impact on america or its citizens.

Its really a shame, maybe in 2012 we can elect our first REAL president in decades...maybe.

to hell in America?

I realized it back when we passed the patriot act. Then it was confirmed for me with the bailouts, stimulus, and tarp programs.

One month into Obama's presidency I realized he actually wasn't going to change any of this but instead continue down the same destructive progressive path his predecessor presidents were on.

Obama has continued, almost daily, to show me that he will force his way down that path regardless of the impact on america or its citizens.

Its really a shame, maybe in 2012 we can elect our first REAL president in decades...maybe.

LMAO. Who?

to hell in America?

LMAO. Who?

I hear you.....and its not funny :(

Seriously its a sad state when you ask "WHO" and my mind goes TOTALLY BLANK because there really isn't anyone out there that stands out.

LMAO. Who?

I hear you.....and its not funny :(

Seriously its a sad state when you ask "WHO" and my mind goes TOTALLY BLANK because there really isn't anyone out there that stands out.

Ahh you did get my point.

How about if he comes back with fist pounding next time
" only business creates jobs" ya turbo-lib?

So now you're issuing threats for other people?

And I thought conservatives couldn't get more cowardly:lol:

Isn't Huckabee moving to Fl or do I have his confused with another conservative?

He thinks he will have a better run from there?
Or just setting up a televangelism empire?
Getting closer to Rush?

to hell in America?

His first memo- day one- See how it starts:

For Immediate Release January 21, 2009

January 21, 2009
MEMORANDUM FOR THE HEADS OF EXECUTIVE DEPARTMENTS AND AGENCIES
SUBJECT: Freedom of Information Act

"A democracy requires accountability, and accountability requires
transparency.

what? His first official 2 words in office, and this idiot thinks he has
been elected to run a democracy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The fool doesn't even know America is a Republic?(1)

The last word in his very first sentence is his first printed lie in
office.

He has the balls to talk about transparency-

Besides his actual birth documentation, documentation that remains
concealed for Obama includes kindergarten records, Punahou school
records, Occidental College records, Columbia University records,
Columbia thesis, Harvard Law School records, Harvard Law Review
articles, scholarly articles from the University of Chicago, passport,
medical records, his files from his years as an Illinois state
senator, his Illinois State Bar Association records, any baptism
records, and his adoption records.

What will it take to wake the sheep ?????????

If he starts referring to himself as "His Excellency, President for
Life, Field Marshal Al Hadjii Doctor Barack Hussein Obama Dada,
Conqueror of the Christian Empire in America" -

Will that do it?

385249454v3_225x225_Front_padToS-1.png

(1) http://www.eff.org/files/filenode/foia/2009foia.mem.rel.pdf

Blah blah blah...
images

We're a DEMOCRATIC "Republic," genius.

We are a Constitutional Republic.
A Constitutional Republic has some similarities to democracy in that it uses democratic processes to elect representatives and pass new laws, etc. The critical difference lies in the fact that a Constitutional Republic has a Constitution that limits the powers of the government. It also spells out how the government is structured, creating checks on its power and balancing power between the different branches.

And procedures spells out how a minority can fillibuster and block comittee selections, etc.

Are these comittee rules and such in the constitution?

Dam HUGGY, you really are blind ot reality aren't you...

Why did he fore them? Because they went on strike freezing air travel in the country.. They were essentially federal employees who went on strike to defy a federal law prohibiting them from striking... What the hell did you expect Reagan to do? He did what he had to do and gave them an ultimatum, they defied that and he made good on his threat...

They decided they as a union could command the entire US government, and they were wrong.. If he had knuckled under to them you would call him soft on unions....

People can't have it both ways you want a man who makes tough decisions yet you cry when they make them....

So as a result, we now have air traffic controllers doing the most stressful job in the world, yet are paid a teacher's salary right out of college.

Really? well the government disagrees with you..

Air Traffic Controllers
Median annual wages of air traffic controllers in May 2008 were $111,870. The middle 50 percent earned between $71,050 and $143,780. The lowest 10 percent earned less than $45,020, and the highest 10 percent earned more than $161,010. The average annual salary, excluding overtime earnings, for air traffic controllers in the Federal Government—which employs 90 percent of all controllers—was $109,218 in March 2009.

yeah know a lot of Bachelors holders who start out making between $45,020 and $161,010 a year do you??

WOW, some of you really need to lay off the pro-party media a bit...

In generalized terms, the government website is correct. HOWEVER, it's not quite that simple, as you will see from this broad analysis (and example). Using the model therein ("Jenny"), it would take Jenny eight years to reach that maximum.

FAA Air Traffic Control Pay Scale - 2008 - ATCMonitor.com

I've gone long beyond Eco 101. But you didn't answer my question: who creates jobs?

Yes, you have gone far beyong any eco class :lol:

Demand creates jobs. Businessmen don't start businesses for which there is no demand

Do you understand basic grammar?

Who does not mean What.

Seriously, what is with you guys today?

What?!? Why is that important? Who's on first? Whose on second? Who is on third, I think.

Forum List

Back