How is investigating Burisma investigating Joe Biden and interfering in the 2020 election?

Is investigating Burisma, investigating Joe Biden, and therefore interfering in the 2020 election?

• Yes, Joe Biden is Burisma

Votes: 1 5.6%
  • No, Joe Biden is NOT Burisma

Votes: 17 94.4%

• Total voters
The ONLY reason Trump is interested at ALL in Burisma is because Biden's son was on the Board of Directors of that company and Trump sees it as a way to politically attack his rival.

Is Trump saying anything about the former corrupt Ukrainian President who absconded with between 40-100 billion dollars of Ukrainian money to Russia?

Does that REAL corruption bother him one bit?

Nope

The Question has been asked and not answered:

"Why is trump so interested in corruption in a singular foreign nation when Congress has appropriated billions of dollars to other nations which have corruption and even worse, such as Saudi Arabia.?"

He's the son of the VP and he has absolutely no qualifications to be on the board of a Ukrainian power company being paid over $50,000 a month. Don't insult our intelligence.
I wouldn't dare to assume you have intelligence to be honest. Trying to make an argument that people should be qualified to hold a seat on the board of directors besides being the son of an elected official considering Ivanka is been seen to sit in on meetings of the G8 and Kushner is basically in charge of trying to broker peace in the Middle East. Seems trying to condemn nepotism as bad isn't a sign of genius under those circumstances.
Ivanka isn't taking over $50,000 a month. She's a helluva lot smarter than Hunter Biden. He wasn't there for his intelligence on power companies.
So nepotism is fine as long as Trump is the one that is doing it? As to smarts. Ivanka holds a bachelor's degree in economics from Wharton. Hunter Biden holds a bachelor in history From Georgetown and a Yale law degree. So you are basing your assumption on what?
So what is Hunter doing on the board of a Ukrainian power company getting paid $50,000 a month? You can't be this stupid. You're so corrupt. Why would you lie and protect corrupt politicians?

Hunter was board member of prestigious companies including Amtrak before joining Burisma in 2014.
Yes he was paid $50k a month by Burisma. Hiring an American with that qualifications is expensive.

Why, Where and What corruptions committed by Hunter?

Yet you have this corrupt POTUS asking to dig dirt against his political rival from foreign government..... That is acceptable?

"Ivanka Trump’s shuttered fashion brand received preliminary approval on five trademarks in China this month while the U.S. and China continue to undergo tense trade negotiations.

"The trademark applications were filed in 2016 and 2017, according to the Associated Press. One trademark for brokerage, charitable fundraising, and art valuation services was approved on Jan. 6, and four others—covering child care centers, sunglasses, and wedding dresses, and more—gained approval Sunday. Pending any objections, the trademarks will be finalized in 90 days.

"Trump removed herself from the company when she entered the White House as her father’s adviser in 2017, but was forced to close the brand in June 2018 due to declining sales and continuing questions of conflicts of interest."

Ivanka Trump’s Brand Received Five New Trademarks From China This Month

As noted above, she and her husband were bailed out by Qatar with billionies of dollars to save them from a building they owned and could not afford to make the payments. Quid pro quo?

Just to keep things on track- back to your original lie

The democrats are accusing Trump of soliciting "foreign interference" in the 2020 election by asking the Ukraine to investigate Burisma.

Trump asked Ukraine to investigate the Biden's- not Burisma.

This entire thread is pure bullshit- your attempt to spin a lie to deflect from the fact that Trump did in fact ask Ukraine to investigate his political rival.

I'm not into semantics. The Ukraine can't investigate the Bidens. They can't investigate the China scam for example. The Ukraine are investigating Burisma. If the Bidens were corrupt the voters need to know. As the dems justify hiring Brits and Russians to lie about Trump in the infamous "Steele Dossier", its just oppo research. I don't recall the outrage from democrats when the Steele Dossier was used to spy on the Trump campaign? So I could care less about the dems whining about the Bidens and Burisma.
For someone who's not into semantics you are using a a whole lot of words to try to not admit that Trump didn't mention Burisma but did mention the Biden's.

So Trump said the Bidens, Zelensky knew he meant Burisma, the Biden's cash cow.
Oh really? And you base this on your intimate knowledge of the people involved? By the way what you are trying to claim here is something I find so unbelievable I fail to see how it's a good faith argument. You are claiming a foreign leader would understand that when the President Of the United States asks to investigate his political rival he will understand that he doesn't want that but another investigation.

It also flies in the face of testimonies under oath.

Your question is the photo negative of the OP title. I wrote the title and the poll to show that investigating Burisma isn't the same as investigating the Bidens,

You wrote the title and the poll to lie about what the President said.

As I point out over and over- the President never asked Zelinsky to investigate Burisma- he asked Zelinsky to investigate the Bidens.

This entire thread is based upon your initial- and continuing lie.

For someone who's not into semantics you are using a a whole lot of words to try to not admit that Trump didn't mention Burisma but did mention the Biden's.

Oh really? And you base this on your intimate knowledge of the people involved? By the way what you are trying to claim here is something I find so unbelievable I fail to see how it's a good faith argument. You are claiming a foreign leader would understand that when the President Of the United States asks to investigate his political rival he will understand that he doesn't want that but another investigation.

It also flies in the face of testimonies under oath.

Your question is the photo negative of the OP title. I wrote the title and the poll to show that investigating Burisma isn't the same as investigating the Bidens, otherwise the Ukraine would need to fly to China to check those scams out too. Burisma is corrupt, period, as all witnesses testified to. The Bidens got millions of dollars from Burisma, QED.
Mornin!
Did you forget Trump on tv saying not only should the Ukrainians investigate Biden, the Chinese should investigate Biden too?

LOL, Mornin back!, my bad, tell the democrats to add another Article of Impeachment, Chinese election interference! The more Articles the merrier!

Trumpettes applaud any foreign interference in American elections- well any foreign interference that benefits their Dear Leader.

fake-trump-tweet-disgrace.jpg

The democrats are accusing Trump of soliciting "foreign interference" in the 2020 election by asking the Ukraine to investigate Burisma. How is investigating Burisma the same as investigating Joe Biden? I'm not seeing the connection. No wonder the voters are rejecting the democrat's inane coup plot, and as Professor Turley explained, it is the democrats in the House that are abusing their power, not Trump.

House Democrats' impeachment report accuses Trump of obstruction, other misconduct
Democrats on Tuesday publicly released a new report accusing President Donald Trump of soliciting Ukraine to interfere in the 2020 election for his benefit and obstructing the impeachment inquiry in the House of Representatives.

The 300-page report alleges a quid pro quo scheme in which Trump “conditioned official acts on a public announcement by the new Ukrainian President, Volodymyr Zelensky, of politically-motivated investigations” into former Vice President Joe Biden — a top Democratic presidential candidate — and his son Hunter.

“In pressuring President Zelensky to carry out his demand, President Trump withheld a White House meeting desperately sought by the Ukrainian President, and critical U.S. military assistance to fight Russian aggression in eastern Ukraine,” the report says.

Here's another article with the same accusation:
House Democrats conclude Trump solicited foreign interference in 2020
WASHINGTON – Three House committees investigating the potential impeachment of President Donald Trump uncovered a months-long effort "to use the powers of his office to solicit foreign interference on his behalf in the 2020 election," according to their draft report released Tuesday.

Let's take a poll....

The democrats are accusing Trump of soliciting "foreign interference" in the 2020 election by asking the Ukraine to investigate Burisma.

This entire thread is pure bullshit- your attempt to spin a lie to deflect from the fact that Trump did in fact ask Ukraine to investigate his political rival.

I'm not into semantics. The Ukraine can't investigate the Bidens. They can't investigate the China scam for example. The Ukraine are investigating Burisma. If the Bidens were corrupt the voters need to know. As the dems justify hiring Brits and Russians to lie about Trump in the infamous "Steele Dossier", its just oppo research. I don't recall the outrage from democrats when the Steele Dossier was used to spy on the Trump campaign? So I could care less about the dems whining about the Bidens and Burisma.

So now you are a mind reader of the Ukrainian President?

Trump specifically asked Zelinsky to investigate his political rival and his son.

Not Burisma.

And you lied about it in your OP- just as the President continues to lie about it.

The democrats are accusing Trump of soliciting "foreign interference" in the 2020 election by asking the Ukraine to investigate Burisma. How is investigating Burisma the same as investigating Joe Biden? I'm not seeing the connection. No wonder the voters are rejecting the democrat's inane coup plot, and as Professor Turley explained, it is the democrats in the House that are abusing their power, not Trump.

House Democrats' impeachment report accuses Trump of obstruction, other misconduct
Democrats on Tuesday publicly released a new report accusing President Donald Trump of soliciting Ukraine to interfere in the 2020 election for his benefit and obstructing the impeachment inquiry in the House of Representatives.

The 300-page report alleges a quid pro quo scheme in which Trump “conditioned official acts on a public announcement by the new Ukrainian President, Volodymyr Zelensky, of politically-motivated investigations” into former Vice President Joe Biden — a top Democratic presidential candidate — and his son Hunter.

“In pressuring President Zelensky to carry out his demand, President Trump withheld a White House meeting desperately sought by the Ukrainian President, and critical U.S. military assistance to fight Russian aggression in eastern Ukraine,” the report says.

WASHINGTON – Three House committees investigating the potential impeachment of President Donald Trump uncovered a months-long effort "to use the powers of his office to solicit foreign interference on his behalf in the 2020 election," according to their draft report released Tuesday.

Let's take a poll....

I'm not into semantics.
Agreed- you just lied.
The Ukraine can't investigate the Bidens.
The Ukraine absolutely could investigate the Bidens- which is of course what President Trump actually asked for.
If the Bidens were corrupt the voters need to know.
Educating American voters is not Ukraines business- if the Biden's- or any American- including Donald Trump- are corrupt- the American voters should know- from American law enforcement. Not making a secret call to a foreign government asking them to investigate a political rival and his son.

I understand you don't care about whether Trump broke the law or not- or that Trump asked a foreign government to investigate his political rival- you started an entire thread predicated on a lie in order to mislead Americans about what Trump actually did.

The ONLY reason Trump is interested at ALL in Burisma is because Biden's son was on the Board of Directors of that company and Trump sees it as a way to politically attack his rival.

Is Trump saying anything about the former corrupt Ukrainian President who absconded with between 40-100 billion dollars of Ukrainian money to Russia?

Does that REAL corruption bother him one bit?

Nope

The Question has been asked and not answered:

"Why is trump so interested in corruption in a singular foreign nation when Congress has appropriated billions of dollars to other nations which have corruption and even worse, such as Saudi Arabia.?"

Because Trump would look silly accusing Elizabeth Warren of corrupt dealings in Saudi Arabia.

Oddly...Trump's campaign manager was convicted for not paying taxes on the money he got in CORRUPT dealings in UKRAINE

Trump thinks Manafort is a WONDERFUL guy.

THAT particular documented corruption bothers him not at all

Oddly...Trump's campaign manager was convicted for not paying taxes on the money he got in CORRUPT dealings in UKRAINE

Yeah- I have pointed that out before- even while Manafort was actually being investigated by the Justice Department- Trump didn't ask Ukraine for any assistance with that corruption investigation.

Clearly the problem was that Manafort's last name wasn't Biden.

Yeah- I have pointed that out before- even while Manafort was actually being investigated by the Justice Department- Trump didn't ask Ukraine for any assistance with that corruption investigation.

Clearly the problem was that Manafort's last name wasn't Biden.
In fact Trump leveraged Javelin missiles last spring to get Ukraine to DROP the "Black Ledger" corruption investigation because it had Manafort all over it

Let's take a poll....

I'm not into semantics.
Agreed- you just lied.
The Ukraine absolutely could investigate the Bidens- which is of course what President Trump actually asked for.
Educating American voters is not Ukraines business- if the Biden's- or any American- including Donald Trump- are corrupt- the American voters should know- from American law enforcement. Not making a secret call to a foreign government asking them to investigate a political rival and his son.

I understand you don't care about whether Trump broke the law or not- or that Trump asked a foreign government to investigate his political rival- you started an entire thread predicated on a lie in order to mislead Americans about what Trump actually did.

OK, lets look at the thread title?
How is investigating Burisma investigating Joe Biden and interfering in the 2020 election?

1. How is that thread title "question" a "lie" in order to mislead Americans about what Trump did?
2. How is asking Ukraine to work with AG Barr illegal?

3. Don't dodge this, answer it "I don't recall the outrage from democrats when the Steele Dossier was used to spy on the Trump campaign in 2016? So I could care less about the dems whining about the Bidens and Burisma."

The only thing interfering with Biden's run for the Presidency in 2020 is Biden talking
into a microphone in front of other people.
And Trumps conspiracy to collude with a foreign government against his political opponent.

Biden was allowed to be corrupt on behalf of the Obama Administration. Goldman said it! Joe Biden was acting in accordance with official US Foreign Policy. So Bribery and Extortion were Part of Americas US Foreign Policy under Obama who would have thunk it!

The difference between Trump's quid pro quo and Obama's?

Trump's was for his personal political benefit.

Obama's was for the benefit of the United States.

...and Biden's son...which is very personal.

Let's take a poll....

I'm not into semantics.
Agreed- you just lied.

1. How is that thread title "question" a "lie" in order to mislead Americans about what Trump did?

3. Don't dodge this, answer it "I don't recall the outrage from democrats when the Steele Dossier was used to spy on the Trump campaign in 2016? So I could care less about the dems whining about the Bidens and Burisma."

1) That thread title is a lie because Trump didn't ask Ukraine to investigate Burisma- he asked Ukraine to investigate Joe Biden and Hunter Biden. You knew that Trump didn't ask the President of the Ukraine to investigate Burisma and deliberately attempted to deceive in the title, the OP and your subsequent posts.

2) I never said that asking Ukraine to work with AG Barr is illegal- nor was that part of your OP. Trump making a secret call to a foreign leader asking him to investigate his political leader for his own personal benefit is an abuse of the office of the President.

3) What is your question? Nice attempt to try to deflect from your own lies and from Trump's own abuse of office.

Let's take a poll....

Lets look at your OP- and the lies of your OP again

The democrats are accusing Trump of soliciting "foreign interference" in the 2020 election by asking the Ukraine to investigate Burisma. How is investigating Burisma the same as investigating Joe Biden?

Trump didn't ask Ukraine to investigate Burisma- Trump asked Ukraine to investigate Joe Biden- his political rival.

Democrats- and many Republicans with actual testicles- have pointed out that asking a foreign government to investigate a political rival is an abuse of the office of the President.

The articles you cite are very clear about this- you just lied.

Why?

Well Trump lies. And his followers follow his example.

Let's take a poll....

I'm not into semantics.
Agreed- you just lied.

1) That thread title is a lie because Trump didn't ask Ukraine to investigate Burisma- he asked Ukraine to investigate Joe Biden and Hunter Biden. You knew that Trump didn't ask the President of the Ukraine to investigate Burisma and deliberately attempted to deceive in the title, the OP and your subsequent posts.

2) I never said that asking Ukraine to work with AG Barr is illegal- nor was that part of your OP. Trump making a secret call to a foreign leader asking him to investigate his political leader for his own personal benefit is an abuse of the office of the President.

3) What is your question? Nice attempt to try to deflect from your own lies and from Trump's own abuse of office.

1. How can the Ukraine investigate "the Bidens" except thru investigating the "corrupt" Burisma? The thread title is NOT a lie because I don't see the connection between investigating Burisma and investigating Joe Biden, do you?? Hunter Biden is connected to Burisma, but is not running for president, so the democrat's whining about "foreign interference" in US elections rings hollow. You do understand that there should not be a link between Joe Biden and Burisma, so why the faux outrage?

2. How is the Ukraine investigating Joe Biden going to find anything? Joe is NOT connected to Ukraine is he? So why the faux outrage?

3. My question is why the faux outrage about Trump asking Ukraine to work with AG Barr to look at possible corruption, when you don't care that Hillary and the DNC worked with Russians to develop the fake Steele Dossier to slime Trump in 2016? My bullshit meter is off the scale.

Forum List

Back