How Franklin Roosevelt Made Memorial Day Necessary

Think of it, if FDR had been killed by an American resistant movement would America have given up and surrendered to the Germans? If Stalin had been killed by Russians would the Russians have given up, the British and Churchill and on and on?

you make excellent points-----chic is asking us to believe that ADOLF was the only Nazi in Germany

The murder of Adolph Hitler would have been used by the Nazi's to strengthen their hold on Germany and purge anyone who was remotely a threat. In 1942, Germany had captured Western Europe and most of the Soviet Union. Hitler would have become a martyr and whoever took over for the Nazi's would have had the complete support of the German people

1. Today, MEMORIAL DAY, the

"A coup against Hitler was wishful thinking. [Head of German Military Intelligence Wilhelm] Canaris nor anyone else was in a position to overthrow Hitler and any idea he or anyone else could have is based on faulty speculation. "

This quote remains accurate. The OP has shown nothing but speculative opinion and no objective data to refute the quote.

Let's see....

1. I provided proof that the there was a robust anti-Nazi, anti-Hitler, anti-communist German resistance, and there did not exist an 'unwavering, monolithic German support for Nazism and Hitler,' throughout Germany."

2. I provided proof that they offered a swift end to the war years before it ended.

3. I provided proof that FDR's own fact-finder, George Earle, met with and agreed with the German resistance, and kept trying to get FDR to agree to it.

4. I provided proof that 'Wild Bill' Donovan, FDR' selection to head the OSS (future CIA) had agents meet with the German underground, and then sent reports pleading with FDR to agree to a treaty to end the war.

5. I provided testimony from Soviet Intelligence Officers that Stalin wanted the war extended, and German 'pastoralized' so he could advance across Europe post-war: "Such an accord would limit Communist influence in Europe."

6. Then I provided a quote from Louis Lochner, the AP bureau chief in Berlin, attempting to file a story on the activities of anti-Nazi Germans and U.S. military censors blocked the story.
Why?
“...a personal directive from the president of the United States ‘in his capacity of commander in chief forbidding all mention of the German resistance,’” “Stories of the existence of a resistance movement did not fit into the concept of Unconditional Surrender!”

7. I gave the plan offered by the German resistance: ".. the plan was to stage a coup, turn over Hitler and his top henchmen to the Allies, and bring about Germany’s “unconditional surrender, with one condition”: The Russians were not to be allowed into Central Europe, including Germany or territory at that time controlled by Germany."

8. I gave the only possible conclusion: Roosevelt quashed every plan to produce a peace with anti-Nazi Germans, in support of Communist expansion in Europe. Somehow, this was a higher priority than removing Hitler and ending our loss of blood and treasure.

So....on Memorial Day, America has some 200,000 more deaths to mourn due to the ideology of Franklin Delano Roosevelt.

And your response???
"The OP has shown nothing but speculative opinion and no objective data..."

Clearly....you lie.

All you've achieved in providing is hot air.

So.....this is your definition of 'hot air'?

The facts that you cannot dispute?

These?

1. I provided proof that the there was a robust anti-Nazi, anti-Hitler, anti-communist German resistance, and there did not exist an 'unwavering, monolithic German support for Nazism and Hitler,' throughout Germany."

2. I provided proof that they offered a swift end to the war years before it ended.

3. I provided proof that FDR's own fact-finder, George Earle, met with and agreed with the German resistance, and kept trying to get FDR to agree to it.

4. I provided proof that 'Wild Bill' Donovan, FDR' selection to head the OSS (future CIA) had agents meet with the German underground, and then sent reports pleading with FDR to agree to a treaty to end the war.

5. I provided testimony from Soviet Intelligence Officers that Stalin wanted the war extended, and German 'pastoralized' so he could advance across Europe post-war: "Such an accord would limit Communist influence in Europe."

6. Then I provided a quote from Louis Lochner, the AP bureau chief in Berlin, attempting to file a story on the activities of anti-Nazi Germans and U.S. military censors blocked the story.
Why?
“...a personal directive from the president of the United States ‘in his capacity of commander in chief forbidding all mention of the German resistance,’” “Stories of the existence of a resistance movement did not fit into the concept of Unconditional Surrender!”

7. I gave the plan offered by the German resistance: ".. the plan was to stage a coup, turn over Hitler and his top henchmen to the Allies, and bring about Germany’s “unconditional surrender, with one condition”: The Russians were not to be allowed into Central Europe, including Germany or territory at that time controlled by Germany."

8. I gave the only possible conclusion: Roosevelt quashed every plan to produce a peace with anti-Nazi Germans, in support of Communist expansion in Europe. Somehow, this was a higher priority than removing Hitler and ending our loss of blood and treasure.

So....on Memorial Day, America has some 200,000 more deaths to mourn due to the ideology of Franklin Delano Roosevelt.

As a bonus, I proved you to be a liar, too.

you call your statements "proof", I call them far reaching allegations and conclusions based on weak assumptions.

"....far reaching allegations and conclusions based on weak assumptions..."

Really?

Let's see......

And this....

One of the highest anti-Nazi Germans was the chief of Nazi Germany's military intelligence division, the Abwehr, Admiral Wm. Canaris. Try as he might, the Allies would not open communications channels with Canaris .

a. "Wilhelm Franz Canaris (1 January 1887 – 9 April 1945) was a German admiral, and chief of the Abwehr, the German military intelligence service, from 1935 to 1944. During the Second World War, he was among the military officers involved in the clandestine opposition to Adolf Hitler and the Nazi regime.... "Wilhelm Canaris - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

b. A few weeks before the war ended, Canaris was hanged by he Nazis. Hanged twice: "once to show him what death tasted like."
“Canaris Hanging Related,” New York Times, October 11, 1952.

c."Major General Sir Stewart Graham Menzies, KCB KCMG DSO MC (i/ˈmɪŋᵻz/; 30 January 1890 – 29 May 1968) was Chief of MI6 (SIS), British Secret Intelligence Service from 1939 to 1952, during and after the Second World War."
Stewart Menzies - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Britain's intelligence chief said this about Canaris:
'It is said that had it not been for the Foreign Office's fear of offending Russia that he might have established direct contact with the admiral [Canaris] in 1942 on the removal of Hitler as a means of shortening the war."
“Gen. Menzies,
Ex-British Intelligence Chief, Dies,” New York Times, May 31, 1968.

Did you see the date: 1942. When did the war with Germany finally end?

"May 7, 1945: Germany surrenders unconditionally to the Allies at Reims" Germany surrenders unconditionally to the Allies at Reims ? History.com This Day in History ? 5/7/1945

What prevented an earlier conclusion to the war?
"... fear of offending Russia..."

Fear of offending, it seems to me, suggests a relationship with one's superiors....
i.e., Roosevelt considered Stalin his superior.

Not enough????

OK....more:

Let's look at a primary source, Allen Dulles,first civilian to head the CIA, and its longest serving director. In "Germany's Underground: The Anti-Nazi Resistance," Dulles wrote of thatthe German was the only anti-Nazi underground not supported by the United States. (p.22).
On page 140, Dulles states "The plotters (anti-Nazi German resistance)....were told clearly and repeatedly that we had made common cause with Russia...." as the reason they were frozen out.

And....
The NYTimes told the same story, March 18, 1946: "Full Story of Anti-Hitler Plot Shows That Allies Refused To Assist."

Let's review:
On my side, FDR's pick for fact finer,Governor George Earle,
'Wild Bill' Donovan, FDR' selection to head the OSS,
chief of Nazi Germany's military intelligence division, the Abwehr, Admiral Wm. Canaris,
Major General Sir Stewart Graham Menzies, Chief of MI6 (SIS), British Secret Intelligence Service.
and
Allen Dulles,first civilian to head the CIA, and its longest serving director.

Oh....and the NYTimes, March 18, 1946.

On the other side, you and another bunch of ignorant low-life liars.

So much for the propaganda that has indelibly infected what passes for thinking in your analysis.

Last edited:
Think of it, if FDR had been killed by an American resistant movement would America have given up and surrendered to the Germans? If Stalin had been killed by Russians would the Russians have given up, the British and Churchill and on and on?

Why are you hiding from this sooooo simple question?

.....none of the Roosevelt boot-lickers have made any attempt at explaining.....
...much less excusing....

....Roosevelt's exchange of 200,000 American servicemen's lives simply for facilitating Soviet Communism's expansion.

In short.....what did America gain by not supporting the German resistance movement, which would have turned Hitler over to the Allies, ended the war at least two years earlier than it ended, .....

....and all it would have cost the world is the absence of the Cold War, no Korean nor Vietnam Wars, and no Soviet occupation of Eastern Europe.

A brutally simply question that none of the Roosevelt boot-lickers dared answer.

you make excellent points-----chic is asking us to believe that ADOLF was the only Nazi in Germany

The murder of Adolph Hitler would have been used by the Nazi's to strengthen their hold on Germany and purge anyone who was remotely a threat. In 1942, Germany had captured Western Europe and most of the Soviet Union. Hitler would have become a martyr and whoever took over for the Nazi's would have had the complete support of the German people

Seems that way to me too

Why are you lying....again?

Or is this post the result of your short-term memory loss?

This is what I posted earlier:

Earle wrote that his German contacts came back to him with another more specific plan, laying out the involvement of Field Marshal Ludwig Beck; Count Wolf Heinrich von Helldorf, chief of police of Berlin; Prince Gottfried Bismarck, a Potsdam official and grandson of the “Iron Chancellor”; and a well-known cavalry officer, Freiherr von Boeselager. Again, the plan was to stage a coup, turn over Hitler and his top henchmen to the Allies, and bring about Germany’s “unconditional surrender, with one condition”: The Russians were not to be allowed into Central Europe, including Germany or territory at that time controlled by Germany." "Wedemeyer Reports!: An objective, dispassionate examination of World War II, postwar policies, and Grand Strategy," by General Albert C. Wedemeyer

Now, do your best to stick to the truth.

Earle wrote that his German contacts came back to him with another more specific plan, laying out the involvement of Field Marshal Ludwig Beck; Count Wolf Heinrich von Helldorf, chief of police of Berlin; Prince Gottfried Bismarck, a Potsdam official and grandson of the “Iron Chancellor”; and a well-known cavalry officer, Freiherr von Boeselager. Again, the plan was to stage a coup, turn over Hitler and his top henchmen to the Allies, and bring about Germany’s “unconditional surrender, with one condition”: The Russians were not to be allowed into Central Europe, including Germany or territory at that time controlled by Germany." "Wedemeyer Reports!: An objective, dispassionate examination of World War II, postwar policies, and Grand Strategy," by General Albert C. Wedemeyer

I ain't no military strategist----but FDR had advisors-----lots of attempts were made on the life of ADOLF and all failed-----it took us DECADES to get BINNY and it has not helped all that much---if at all

Last edited:

I ain't no military strategist----but FDR had advisors-----lots of attempts were made on the live of ADOLF and all failed-----it took us DECADES to get BINNY and it has not helped all that much---if at all

"....-but FDR had advisors-...."

The most prominent of them was ideologicaliy a communist, and employed by Joseph Stalin.

1. "Harry Hopkins,- FDR's alter ego, co-president, or Rasputin, "...the closest and most influential adviser to President Franklin D. Roosevelt during World War II, was a Soviet agent." and “the most important of all Soviet wartime agents in the United States.”
The Treachery Of Harry Hopkins
The Treachery Of Harry Hopkins

2. Life magazine ran a spread on Hopkins on September 22, 1941, calling his a one-man cabinet to Roosevelt. In fact, he lived at the White House, in the Lincoln Bedroom, from May 1940 to December 1943. LIFE, p. 93.

a. "As boss of the Lend-Lease program, his control of the destiny of empire is second only to Mr. Roosevelt's own....In the kind of personalized one-man government that war has made of the administration of Franklin D. Roosevelt, that man has the greatest influence who has easiest access to the Chief-of-State's ear." Ibid.

3. Hopkins, the redistributionist: "When a democratic victory is won, then the great wealth of the world must be shared with all people."

4. In his speech to a pro-Russia rally at Madison Square Garden, June 22, 1942, Hopkins said: "But no Utopia was ever won without struggle and without the struggle to abolish poverty in the world...." So, WWII was a "war on poverty"?

5. The leading evidence that Hopkins was a spy for Joseph Stalin is presented by Herbert Romerstein and Eric Breindel in their 2000 book, The Venona Secrets: Exposing Soviet Espionage and America's Traitor.

Quite an offer there

That would have been quite an accomplishment in 1942 with the Nazis at the peak of their power and popularity. Resistance forces were unable to topple Hitler with the Soviets knocking on the gates of Berlin, but could have been successful in 1942
What makes you think the German people and the military would have supported a coup?

Germany controlled most of Europe and half the Soviet Union....why would they unconditionally surrender?

Quite an offer there

That would have been quite an accomplishment in 1942 with the Nazis at the peak of their power and popularity. Resistance forces were unable to topple Hitler with the Soviets knocking on the gates of Berlin, but could have been successful in 1942
What makes you think the German people and the military would have supported a coup?

Germany controlled most of Europe and half the Soviet Union....why would they unconditionally surrender?

what about AUSTRIA? ---they actually had popular support over there----and what about HUNGARY-----enthusiastic participants. ----then there was JAPAN and ITALY------everyone was going to fold just because tiny little adolf got a bullet in his head?

Quite an offer there

what about AUSTRIA? ---they actually had popular support over there----and what about HUNGARY-----enthusiastic participants. ----then there was JAPAN and ITALY------everyone was going to fold just because tiny little adolf got a bullet in his head?
Just like when Lenin died, they called off communism in Russia..

Quite an offer there

Just like when Lenin died, they called off communism in Russia..

yeah I REMEMBER THAT_----------

should we bring up the still extant USA NAZI FORCE?
Sure.. I had the pleasure of being educated in a place that had pictures of Nazi's on the wall and great stories of their accomplishments to ensure NASA had all it's ducks in a row to compete with the USSR...Wernher Von Braun was the mentor at the Redstone Arsenal Missile Center and School in Huntsville, Alabama....Why we all wore military uniforms, saluted and goose stepped our way to an education on missiles and missile systems.....

Quite an offer there

Like I said previously...murdering Hitler in 1942 at the peak of German power and global conquest would have made him a martyr

The people would not have supported a new regime......especially one that was going to surrender

Quite an offer there

1. Roosevelt quashed every plan to produce a peace with anti-Nazi Germans, in support of Communist expansion in Europe. Somehow, this was a higher priority than removing Hitler and ending our loss of blood and treasure.

2. Let's look at a primary source, Allen Dulles, first civilian to head the CIA, and its longest serving director. In "Germany's Underground: The Anti-Nazi Resistance," Dulles wrote of that the German was the only anti-Nazi underground not supported by the United States. (p.22).
On page 140, Dulles states "The plotters (anti-Nazi German resistance)....were told clearly and repeatedly that we had made common cause with Russia...." as the reason they were frozen out.

a. The NYTimes told the same story, March 18, 1946: "Full Story of Anit-Hitler Plot Shows That Allies Refused To Assist."

...what did America gain by not supporting the German resistance movement....

FDR didn't support anti-Stalin movements either, or anti-Churchill....Man, that guy missed out on Polichic's ideas..

Forum List

Back