How does raising taxes create jobs?

Creating jobs is not the purpose of raising taxes. The purpose of taxation to collect revenue to pay for government spending that has occurred, is occurring, or is going to occur.

The purpose of raising taxes is to cover increases in the cost of government that won't be met under the current taxation;

in such a situation, you have 4 choices

1. Raise taxes to cover the higher costs

2. cut spending to eliminate the higher costs and thus eliminate the need for higher taxes

3. do a combination of both, or

4. do none of the above, and BORROW money to pay for the increased costs.
Obama and his goon squad are the ones that got the bright idea to throw truckloads of borrowed money in to the sky in hopes that some of it might land in a "shovel-ready project" (ha-ha-ha, he chuckles).
That didn't work and even more people are out of a job than when he started this bullshit.
And I'm supposed to be okay with raising taxes to gather up more money to fund the next half-assed idea he has?
Meanwhile Barry & Co. offer up nickle-dime cuts to lure Bonehead Bohner into an agreement that, just because it doesn't raise taxes, is like a tear in a bucket of our debt level.

Make some serious cuts. DEEP cuts across the board.
See how it works. If it starts to do well and it needs a little shove in the form of "increased revenue" then, and ONLY then, should we consider raising taxes for ANYONE.

the thing is Horty....cutting across the board is just plain wrong....

i've been there and done that....and thoughtlessly just cutting across the board, instead of thoughtful analysis done on each area of business and cutting where things NEED cutting, is a waste of time and inefficient.

there are some areas which could need more money and other areas that could need cutting in half....

i don't want to see them haphazardly cutting across the board....i want to see them do their jobs and think things through so their actions don't cost us even more in the long run...

care

Creating jobs is not the purpose of raising taxes. The purpose of taxation to collect revenue to pay for government spending that has occurred, is occurring, or is going to occur.

The purpose of raising taxes is to cover increases in the cost of government that won't be met under the current taxation;

2. cut spending to eliminate the higher costs and thus eliminate the need for higher taxes

Obama and his goon squad are the ones that got the bright idea to throw truckloads of borrowed money in to the sky in hopes that some of it might land in a "shovel-ready project" (ha-ha-ha, he chuckles).
That didn't work and even more people are out of a job than when he started this bullshit.
And I'm supposed to be okay with raising taxes to gather up more money to fund the next half-assed idea he has?
Meanwhile Barry & Co. offer up nickle-dime cuts to lure Bonehead Bohner into an agreement that, just because it doesn't raise taxes, is like a tear in a bucket of our debt level.

See how it works. If it starts to do well and it needs a little shove in the form of "increased revenue" then, and ONLY then, should we consider raising taxes for ANYONE.

Times of war are no time to cut taxes.

We raised taxes to pay for the Civil War.

We raised taxes to pay for WWI.

We raised taxes to pay for WWII.

We raised taxes to pay for the Korean War.

We raised taxes to pay for Vietnam.

As of 1980, we stopped raising taxes to pay for wars. So began the era of massive deficits and trillions of dollars of debt accumulation.

Put the blame where it belongs.

the thing is Horty....cutting across the board is just plain wrong....

i've been there and done that....and thoughtlessly just cutting across the board, instead of thoughtful analysis done on each area of business and cutting where things NEED cutting, is a waste of time and inefficient.

there are some areas which could need more money and other areas that could need cutting in half....

i don't want to see them haphazardly cutting across the board....i want to see them do their jobs and think things through so their actions don't cost us even more in the long run...

care
How come anytime I sling a few 4-letter words you show up?
You make it hard for me to keep my promise to you, ya know?!
:D
I admit I was speaking a bit too broadly. But I am certain that the bureaucracies ( I ALWAYS have to spellcheck that word) that can be cut outnumber the ones that do not.

[

As of 1980, we stopped raising taxes to pay for wars. So began the era of massive deficits and trillions of dollars of debt accumulation.

I have been under the impression that WW1 and 2 created an economic boom, due to manufacturing and such to support the 'war effort'.
I will gladly stand corrected.

That being said, if we don't want to raise taxes in time of war, I have a wonderfully splendid idea.
Let's GET OUT and NOW!!!!

Hmmmm. What will raising taxes on the "rich" do to create jobs?

I know the biggest debt burden I have in my personal and business life is the taxes I pay.

I save to pay taxes not to go on vacations.

I don't have any debt other than feeding myself, for which I'm taxed, transporting myself, for which I'm taxed, I'm taxed for a house I own, I'm taxed for a car I own, I'm taxed for earning a living, I'm taxed for clothing myself.

That's a pretty screwed up scenario. I basically work and live to pay taxes.
It won't create jobs any more than massive spending cuts.

You mean Obama and his multiple wars of choice?

Solution: STOP FIGHTING THESE WARS!

Government spending can be defined as draining resources from the productive sector and devoting them to arbitrary political projects.

No matter how noble the intentions, transferring wealth will never create wealth. Government will always spend less efficiently because it does not operate on profit and loss. It operates solely on politics and power.

Forum List

Back