How does raising taxes create jobs?

First of all it is not raising taxes but letting the Bush tax cut expire to 1990 rate as they were meant to do. It creates revenue that can be used to create jobs.

THE PRESIDENT: As I said before, if wealthy individuals are willing to simply go back to the rates that existed back in the 1990s when rich people were doing very well -- it's not like they were poor -- and by the way, that's when we saw the highest job growth rates and that's when we saw the highest -- the greatest reduction in poverty, and that's when we saw businesses very profitable -- if the wealthiest among us -- and I include myself in this category -- are willing to give up a little bit more, then we can solve this problem. It does not take a lot.

Obama Claims Raising Taxes Creates Jobs
Well, shit....If Obama said it, it MUST be true
:lol:
Nevermind that the value of the dollar that's getting taxed is SHIT compared to Clinton dollars.:eusa_shhh:
hortysir,

the dollar is devaluing,

but this in part is due to not collecting enough taxes to pay for what congress has already spent....the dollar would not devalue if we did not need to borrow so much. It'll continue to be worth less and less if we continue to borrow.....

yes, cutting our spending is what needs to be done for future spending, BUT I am afraid that this will NOT take care of what has been spent already and getting that debt down to a realistic figure.

We have to show some responsibility on paying for what we (congress has SPENT)...i say we, because congress is who represents, we the people.
WADR, C4A, the dollar wouldn't be so devalued if our Fed wouldn't print it more often that the NYT daily editions.
:eusa_shhh:

First of all it is not raising taxes but letting the Bush tax cut expire to 1990 rate as they were meant to do. It creates revenue that can be used to create jobs.

THE PRESIDENT: As I said before, if wealthy individuals are willing to simply go back to the rates that existed back in the 1990s when rich people were doing very well -- it's not like they were poor -- and by the way, that's when we saw the highest job growth rates and that's when we saw the highest -- the greatest reduction in poverty, and that's when we saw businesses very profitable -- if the wealthiest among us -- and I include myself in this category -- are willing to give up a little bit more, then we can solve this problem. It does not take a lot.

Obama Claims Raising Taxes Creates Jobs
Well, shit....If Obama said it, it MUST be true
:lol:
Nevermind that the value of the dollar that's getting taxed is SHIT compared to Clinton dollars.:eusa_shhh:
hortysir,

the dollar is devaluing,

but this in part is due to not collecting enough taxes to pay for what congress has already spent....the dollar would not devalue if we did not need to borrow so much. It'll continue to be worth less and less if we continue to borrow.....

yes, cutting our spending is what needs to be done for future spending, BUT I am afraid that this will NOT take care of what has been spent already and getting that debt down to a realistic figure.

We have to show some responsibility on paying for what we (congress has SPENT)...i say we, because congress is who represents, we the people.

The dollar has devalued because of massive increases in the money supply (most recently via QE1 and QE2) which largely shored up the balance sheet so banks, including many foreign ones.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PTUY16CkS-k]YouTube - ‪Quantitative Easing Explained‬‏[/ame]

How does raising taxes create jobs?

How does cutting SS or medicare create jobs?

How does not spending money we don't have help the economy?

Here, read the Financial Report of the United States. The net present value of unfunded entitlement liabilities is over $30T. The prospect of future crushing tax increases that will be required to pay for this retard growth now.

http://www.gao.gov/financial/fy2010financialreport.html

Hmmmm. What will raising taxes on the "rich" do to create jobs?

I know the biggest debt burden I have in my personal and business life is the taxes I pay.

I save to pay taxes not to go on vacations.

I don't have any debt other than feeding myself, for which I'm taxed, transporting myself, for which I'm taxed, I'm taxed for a house I own, I'm taxed for a car I own, I'm taxed for earning a living, I'm taxed for clothing myself.

That's a pretty screwed up scenario. I basically work and live to pay taxes.

Do you want to create jobs or lower our debt?

Only Republicans offer the miracle of cutting taxes and erasing the debt at the same time

I know the biggest debt burden I have in my personal and business life is the taxes I pay.

I don't have any debt other than feeding myself, for which I'm taxed, transporting myself, for which I'm taxed, I'm taxed for a house I own, I'm taxed for a car I own, I'm taxed for earning a living, I'm taxed for clothing myself.

Only Republicans offer the miracle of cutting taxes and erasing the debt at the same time
Ummm...if more people are working, more people are paying taxes. :cool:

You are presenting a False Dilemma.

Oh....I get it

Trickle down. Cut taxes and all those millionaires will shout out.."Ok, who needs a job?"

Reagan was lied to by the Dems. They promised three dollars of spending cuts for one dollar of tax increases, and failed to deliver the cuts.

But if Reagan deficits were bad, why are Obama's $1T+ ones good?

Oh....I get it

Trickle down. Cut taxes and all those millionaires will shout out.."Ok, who needs a job?"
That's part of it. The biggest part, however, is the government needs to stop creating an atmosphere of hostility towards success.

But you statists will never get that.

Why don't you just pass a law that each company hire 10% more employees?

Oh....I get it

That's part of it. The biggest part, however, is the government needs to stop creating an atmosphere of hostility towards success.

How is the Government being hostile towards success? taxes are lower than any time in history, the super wealthy are claiming larger and larger percentages of wealth, the middle class is seeing a decline in standard of living

I wish they would be hostile to me

How does cutting taxes, when you are already into deficit spending, lower the govt. deficit?

It doesn't. There are times however, when cutting taxes might help stimulate the economy, as Obama is trying to do with the payroll tax. The real issue is raising taxes, and whether it's worth it if the economy suffers as a result. Some say there's already plenty of money out there, which is true. The problem though, is getting that money invested here in our economy rather than elsewhere, or in tax shelters of some kind. Giving it to the gov't instead is a poor way to do that. It should be obvious to all by now that increasing gov't spending just doesn't work unless maybe you spend a gargantuan amount. And even then there's some doubt for what would happen, and you'd then be even deeper in debt.

Oh....I get it

How is the Government being hostile towards success? taxes are lower than any time in history, the super wealthy are claiming larger and larger percentages of wealth, the middle class is seeing a decline in standard of living

I wish they would be hostile to me

Forbes calls Obama "clueless and hostile to business". - Milwaukee Unemployment | Examiner.com

Is Obama destroying America

Zuckerman – “Obama White House Most Hostile Administration To Big Business In Decades” | Flopping Aces

How the Obama Administration is Punishing Business for Trying to Hire Smart Workers [Fox News] | David Swindle | NRB

Punitive Damages and the Tax Code: Punishing Business and the Economy | The Heritage Foundation

Yeah...More people to pay (swindled) pay roll taxes, that wouldn't amount to diddly squat towards the interest the Fed CHARGES for the money our government borrows.
Why does our government allow them to do this, or even allowed them to ability to do this, in direct defiance of the Constitution in the first place again??
Seems to me we get rid of the Fed, we get rid of the biggest drain on the nation.
Funny how the Revolutionary war was fought to free the colonies of economic control of Britain and to prevent banker controlled dominance with their central bank, only to be enslaved by an American version of the same system.

Quote- The US system of money is controlled by private banks, ..... According to Benjamin Franklin, this was one of the primary reasons we fought the Revolutionary War. .... Rothschild, a London Banker, wrote a letter saying "It (Central Bank ) gives ..... constantly working to resist, obstruct and repeal reforms, ...

Money masters

#1 We Must Shut Down The Federal Reserve

If you are not willing to accept this, you may as well not read the rest of the solutions. The truth is that the U.S. government will never be able to solve the national debt problem until the Federal Reserve is shut down. The U.S. government should nationalize all Federal Reserve assets and start issuing currency that is completely and totally debt-free.

#2 We Must End Trade With All Nations That Allow Their Citizens To Be Paid Slave Labor Wages Or That Do Not Respect Basic Human Rights

This would dramatically reduce the "outsourcing" of our jobs and our industries almost overnight. The truth is that it was never a good idea to put American workers in direct competition with hundreds of millions of workers that are making slave labor wages on the other side of the globe.

#3 We Must Radically Reduce The Size Of The Federal Government

Our big, fat government is a big, fat drain on our economy. We have millions of paper pushers that don't contribute much of anything of real value.

Not only that, but some of the things that the U.S. government wastes money on are absolutely mind blowing. There is a reason why our founders insisted that we have a very limited government. It is time to get back to those principles.

Shut Down The Federal Reserve, Break Up The Big Banks And 16 Other Ideas Barack Obama Could Have Proposed If He Actually Wanted To Fix The Economy

Creating jobs is not the purpose of raising taxes. The purpose of taxation to collect revenue to pay for government spending that has occurred, is occurring, or is going to occur.

The purpose of raising taxes is to cover increases in the cost of government that won't be met under the current taxation;

in such a situation, you have 4 choices

1. Raise taxes to cover the higher costs

2. cut spending to eliminate the higher costs and thus eliminate the need for higher taxes

3. do a combination of both, or

4. do none of the above, and BORROW money to pay for the increased costs.

Forum List

Back