How does "prosecutorial discretion" justify giving work permits to illegals?

You are not in charge of determing if it should be done. The POTUS was elected and that is his discretion.
No actually it isnt. The president's job is to enforce the laws Congress passes. In some cases he has discretion. He does not have discretion simply to nullify law as he sees fit.
Yes actually he does. Its called executive order.
No that is not called executive order.
Yes it is called executive order.
Wrong. Id suggest looking up what an EO is before I bitch slap you off this board.
eo executive order
executive order
noun
noun: executive order · plural noun: executive orders

1. a rule or order issued by the president to an executive branch of the government and having the force of law.
ea executive action

Executive Actions Versus Executive Orders
Executive actions are any informal proposals or moves by the president. The term executive action itself is vague and can be used to describe almost anything the president calls on Congress or his administration to do. But most executive actions carry no legal weight. Those that do actually set policy can be invalidated by the courts or undone by legislation passed by Congress.
The terms executive action and executive order are not interchangeable. Executive orders are legally binding and published in the Federal Register, though they also can be reversed by the courts and Congress.

No actually it isnt. The president's job is to enforce the laws Congress passes. In some cases he has discretion. He does not have discretion simply to nullify law as he sees fit.
Yes actually he does. Its called executive order.
No that is not called executive order.
Yes it is called executive order.
Wrong. Id suggest looking up what an EO is before I bitch slap you off this board.
You cant slap me. Youre safe behind your computer.
no but he is a bitch!:biggrin:

false! the door is for ingress and egress, a border is An imaginary line to delineate what space belongs to who.

So, you act as if the door isn't there. I wonder what would happen is someone with the same mindset came barging into your home?
yep! you are just as stupid as you seem
a door is a barrier not the same as a border.
never had a problem with people barging in ...not that they haven't tried

And those illegals who are breaking into this country know they are committing a crime. Obama granting pardons only encourages more of the crime.
crossing an imaginary border is not breaking in.

false! the pres in not granting pardons criminals will be and are being deported.
1000 people a day are being deported ..you should be cumming in your pants with that news .
Only if you don't consider those who crossed illegally as criminals.

Is anyone going to address the issue i raised.? Prosecutorial discretion may work as an excuse for not deporting illegals but it cannot be used to justify giving them work permits.

...You are not in charge of determing if it should be done. The POTUS was elected and that is his discretion.
Incorrect.

Each man (and woman) - each citizen of the United States - is in charge of determining if it should be done.

The President is the one (out of 300+ millions) who gets to give action to his opinion, in this context.

The People will let him know whether he acted correctly.

As we may very well see begin to unfold in the coming weeks, especially once the new Congress is sworn-in.

I suspect that your Failed Messiah has unnecessarily declared war upon the Congress and The People.

It is my sincere hope that every aspect of his Executive Orders are overthrown and brought low.

He has brought censure down upon his own head.

The coming weeks and months will tell us just how severe that censure really is.

And to think he had the gall to style himself as The Great Unifier at one time.

Another aspect of his legacy, torn to bits, through self-inflicted wounds.

the pres has the authority to take action on his own when congress fails to act and they epically failed..
"Just because we CAN do a thing does not mean that we SHOULD do a thing."

There was no pressing national emergency at-stake to warrant such Executive Orders.

With any luck, the Congress will straighten his ass out, and reverse the madness that he is unleashing.

In any event, after bitch-slapping Congress, Obumble will be under metaphorical saturation-level counterbattery fire very shortly now.

Sounds like fun.
love it when you guys trip over your dicks!
An occupational hazard one must contend with from time to time, when not plagued with a teeny-tiny Liberal pizzle that most of the womenfolk laugh at.

Not that that has anything whatsoever to do with the Censure that the President seems to have brought down upon his own head - like an obsessive-compulsive.

Laws don't stop crime. So if a lot of people want to be pedophiles, in mass numbers, should we let them abuse laws and kids? Should we give them amnesty hypothetically? That doesn't mean the law is wrong. No, what that is a sophism. All they have to do is follow the law, and that's it. whatever reason for whatever cause, follow the existing laws, not play this game.

The states need to stand up and start deporting illegals. According to the tenth amendment, they not the feds, have the authority to do so.

What bothers me so much is that illegals are held in such high esteem, by liberals no less. Do we value laws, and that hold that NOBODY is above law, or do we just play games and just give lip service to whatever convenient ideology seems expedient? Liberalism must warm the cockles of your heart if you hold the law so cheap.

Just because they're here illegally, doesn't make them criminals. Crossing an imaginary line doesn't equate with real crimes like robbery, assault and murder.
So your argument is committing crimes does not make someone a criminal? If so, what does make someone a criminal?
I'm saying that wanting a better life for your family is not a crime, like robbery, assault and murder. Is it really that hard to understand? I made that perfectly clear in my initial post. Trying to equate the two "crimes" is just rhetorical bullshit.

Trying to dismiss one as a non-crime is also bullshit. Coming in is a crime, working here is a crime and not paying payroll and income taxes is a crime. Many come back after being deported which is a felony so don't try to marginalize their criminality.

]

Trying to dismiss one as a non-crime is also bullshit. Coming in is a crime, working here is a crime and not paying payroll and income taxes is a crime. Many come back after being deported which is a felony so don't try to marginalize their criminality.

Obama says they commit this crime only because they want a better life for themselves and their family. Well hell - same can be said of bank robbers and tax cheats and welfare frauds.

Just because they're here illegally, doesn't make them criminals. Crossing an imaginary line doesn't equate with real crimes like robbery, assault and murder.

They aren't felons, but they are criminals.

They aren't felons, but they are criminals.
Many are felons. Many have stolen tens of thousands in free schooling, health care, and welfare. Course the democrats and republicans don't give a flying shit.

Uhm, when the very first act you commit upon entering this country is a felony, you're a criminal. Your moral equivocation shit doesn't hold water.

What happens if it is a misdemeanor, which it is in most cases? My guess is you'll hate them just as much for a misdemeanor. It's the way bigots are.

Uhm, when the very first act you commit upon entering this country is a felony, you're a criminal. Your moral equivocation shit doesn't hold water.

What happens if it is a misdemeanor, which it is in most cases? My guess is you'll hate them just as much for a misdemeanor. It's the way bigots are.
Stealing over 500 from US taxpayers is a felony.

Obama made an astute move, Congress is in Check at this point... not Check mate, but certainly in Check...they HAVE to make a move.

He prioritized who should be deported/prosecuted first, within the law.

He chose the illegal parents of US citizens as the least important for INS to deport, he is protecting a group of illegal immigrants THAT CONGRESS has ALREADY STATED should be protected...so in essence, he is following the sense of congress with this move to bring this specific class of illegals out of the wood work....above board, and protected, as congress wished. The parents of Dreamers were NOT included in his proposal, just the parents of citizen children....the illegals with relationship to the Citizen children that congress has stated they want to protect.

Obama announces immigration action plan - POLITICO

“We were influenced by the fact that Congress already recognized the relationship between child citizens and parents as a relationship Congress wants to protect,” the official said. “This was a sort of implementation of that congressional policy as opposed to the parents of Dreamers, which would be … slightly different …. We thought it was important to tie it to a congressional policy.”

I understand, though not accept, Obama's claim that he can't deport every illegal so he has to look the other way for some of these criminal invaders. But giving them permits to work here is another story entirely. That is a brazen case of the president writing laws and as such unconstitutional.
Actually it's a case of your ignorance and hate.

One is not 'illegal' until such time as he has been found guilty of unauthorized entry to the United States in a court of law; in the United States one is innocent until proven guilty. Pending a determination of his immigration status, the innocent undocumented immigrant is granted a work permit, as the process can take years to finalize. It's perfectly appropriate, therefore, to allow undocumented immigrants to work while their cases are pending – you wouldn't want them on 'welfare,' now would you.

This isn't difficult to understand, it's very simple and straight-forward, provided one isn't blinded by his ignorance and hate.

Forum List

Back