How do you like being lied to?

Wiseacre

Retired USAF Chief
Apr 8, 2011
San Antonio, TX
When Obamacare was passed, we were told by him it would cost 940 billion and everyone can keep the coverage and the provider they have now. Now we find out from the latest report by the CBO that the cost is almost double, 1.76 trillion, and is expected to exceed 2 trillion when next year's estimate covers the whole ten year span from 2013 - 2023. 'Course, that's after the election, so what does Obama care about the truth then? And frankly, I think they fudged the numbers, like they always do (both sides). I'm thinking in reality it'll exceed 3 trillion if no changes to the law are made.

And the part about keeping your current coverage? The CBO also estimates that between 3 and 5 million people covered now will lose their coverage or give it up for being too expensive. And as a result end up on Medicaid or subsidized in whole or part by the gov't. Oh, and by the way, you do know that the new estimate for the 2012 deficit went up to 1.2 trillion, right? I thought Obama was going to cut the deficit, he said he would but then he said a lot of things.

So tell me, how do you like being lied to?

Last edited:
Government will fully take over Healthcare because what they promis will always fall short meaning they will blame free markets and demand they can do better.... Then fail again, and again.... and again.....

When Obamacare was passed, we were told by him it would cost 940 billion and everyone can keep the coverage and the provider they have now. Now we find out from the latest report by the CBO that the cost is almost double, 1.76 trillion, and is expected to exceed 2 trillion when next year's estimate covers the whole ten year span from 2013 - 2023. 'Course, that's after the election, so what does Obama care about the truth then? And frankly, I think they fudged the numbers, like they always do (both sides). I'm thinking in reality it'll exceed 3 trillion if no changes to the law are made.

And the part about keeping your current coverage? The CBO also estimates that between 3 and 5 million people covered now will lose their coverage or give it up for being too expensive. And as a result end up on Medicaid or subsidized in whole or part by the gov't. Oh, and by the way, you do know that the new estimate for the 2012 deficit went up to 1.2 trillion, right? I thought Obama was going to cut the deficit, he said he would but then he said a lot of things.

I'm used to it.

And I can't believe the supporters of the thing believed a word of it either. The level of fanaticism shows they really didn't care. Supposedly the goal was cheaper insurance, but they forgot about that 40 years ago. The means of delivery, Government control became more important than the objective, and they just got more and more fanatical as they cared less and less about the objective and more and more about how their solution was going to get them there.

And this is just one more reason to vote against Romney. He thinks it is a good idea, and he installed a more rigorous form of it on MA.

I'm used to it.

And I can't believe the supporters of the thing believed a word of it either. The level of fanaticism shows they really didn't care. Supposedly the goal was cheaper insurance, but they forgot about that 40 years ago. The means of delivery, Government control became more important than the objective, and they just got more and more fanatical as they cared less and less about the objective and more and more about how their solution was going to get them there.

And this is just one more reason to vote against Romney. He thinks it is a good idea, and he installed a more rigorous form of it on MA.

I thought Romney promised he would repeal the ACA. BTW, I think you're exactly right about gov't control, the desired end result is a single payer (gov't) system. They don't care how they get there. Lies and deception are okay cuz it's for our own good.

I will repeat !
What was the objective of Obamacare? Primary purpose? Cover the "uninsured"???
If so the premise of Obamacare was to cover the "uninsured" then HOW MANY are truly uninsured?
The Census says 50 million uninsured... right!
The CENSUS also says 10 million of the uninsured ARE NOT CITIZENS!
The FACT that 14 million UNINSURED people ARE COVERED BY MEDICAID!
The FACT that 18 million people making over $50,000 and under AGE 34 refused to participate in employer insurance and pay out of pocket There fore DO NOT want coverage.. YET they are counted!

Truly 8 million people UNINSURED but the destruction of ALL our healthcare will be the result!
For 8 million people that could GET coverage by taxing lawyers 10% of their $100 billion that was NEVER considered...
SO again WHAT WAS THE REASON for Obamacare??? Surely 8 million people can be covered WITHOUT DESTROYING HEALTH CARE!!!

What was that line shouted during the SOTU speech?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xyCwWjbkumE&feature=youtube_gdata_player]Justice Alito's 'You lie' moment - POLITICO Live - POLITICO.com2.flv - YouTube[/ame]

Holy Christ on a cracker!!!!!......you mean a politician and his strategists lied???????...

That's never happened before!

Unheard of!

Well I never!!!!!!

I take it for granted. if his lips move he's telling me a lie.

Forum List

Back