How Do You Imagine The World Would Be Different...

Interesting and thought provoking.

We'd be something like Haiti and the Dominican Republic or East and West Germany where its the same land and people but the different systems lead to vastly different results.

We'd be a genuine constitutional Republic made of sovereign states

Interesting and thought provoking.

We'd be something like Haiti and the Dominican Republic or East and West Germany where its the same land and people but the different systems lead to vastly different results.

We'd be a genuine constitutional Republic made of sovereign states

interesting comparisons, CF...

myself, I was thinking about the way Slovakia and the Czech Republic worked things out...

and, yeah, the "constitutional Republic made of sovereign states" is what we were supposed to be from the start...

myself, I'm thinking that, after the passage of time, the two sides would decide to reunite...

or at least form a unique two-nation union that furthered their common goals...

Last edited:
The US would have a buffer between it and Mexico and the illegal alien criminals would be flooding into the CSA instead of the USA.

The answer to the OP is: The world would be vastly less prosperous and less free, and countless millions more would have died between then and now.

The only purpose of the war of Northern Aggression was to prevent the succession of the Confederate states. If not the for war, there would be two countries where there is now one. And, those two countries may have eventually unified. Either way, I think things would be pretty much how they are now, except without all the suffering from the war.

The only purpose of the war of Northern Aggression was to prevent the succession of the Confederate states. If not the for war, there would be two countries where there is now one. And, those two countries may have eventually unified. Either way, I think things would be pretty much how they are now, except without all the suffering from the war.

wow... for once, Ariux posts something non-hateful... and that more-or-less makes perfect sense...

The answer to the OP is: The world would be vastly less prosperous and less free, and countless millions more would have died between then and now.

How do you figure that...?

The strength of the UNITED States has secured peace and enabled prosperity to spread to unprecedented numbers of people around the world for the past 60 years (at least). A fractured Union would have all but forced France to invade the Southern 'states' and thereby drawn England as well as other European powers and Russia if not eventually Japan into a massive land war in North America. Generations, perhaps up to and including this one, would have struggled against one another on a vast, bloody battlefield. All of the great inventions and advances that America has given the world since the Civil War would probably not have come, or come later, if there were no strong, united nation where ours stands. France and England might well no longer exist as nations (among others), and the Jewish people might not exist at all. It takes very little imagination and knowledge of history to see the dire consequences likely absent a UNITED States.

The name of that war was the American Civil War, you fool.

How do you figure that...?

The strength of the UNITED States has secured peace and enabled prosperity to spread to unprecedented numbers of people around the world for the past 60 years (at least). A fractured Union would have all but forced France to invade the Southern 'states' and thereby drawn England as well as other European powers and Russia if not eventually Japan into a massive land war in North America. Generations, perhaps up to and including this one, would have struggled against one another on a vast, bloody battlefield. All of the great inventions and advances that America has given the world since the Civil War would probably not have come, or come later, if there were no strong, united nation where ours stands. France and England might well no longer exist as nations (among others), and the Jewish people might not exist at all. It takes very little imagination and knowledge of history to see the dire consequences likely absent a UNITED States.

interesting analysis, U...

I don't agree with your conclusions, but I appreciate them nonetheless...

The name of that war was the American Civil War, you fool.

Actually, it should more correctly be called the War for Southern Independence (or something along those lines...)

it was not a "civil war", in that the Southern States didn't seek to take over the whole country, but rather sought for a divorce to go their own way...

eta: and they sought an amicable divorce, but was forced into a fight by their "estranged spouse"...

Last edited:
How about the War for the Perpetuation of Slavery? Silly semantics.

Forum List

Back