How do you fell about a Space Force?

Do you support a Space Force

• Yes, of course the Military-Industrial Complex needs it

Votes: 20 58.8%
  • No, we have many more needs than another boondoggle.

Votes: 14 41.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
There are few countries that can destroy our satellites
Russia and China

Just make it clear that theirs will be knocked out in retaliation

Pence details plan for creation of Space Force in what would be the sixth branch of the military

Mike Pence calls for Space Force by 2020 - CNNPolitics

The President Wants a Space Force. He Might Get One.

Pence said ^^^ in his speech, asking for $8 billion to build out the idea.

It's seven years behind schedule and $163 billion over budget, or as the man in charge of the F-35 told us, "basically the program ran itself off the rails." [Chris Bogdan: Good morning.]

oops, how do you FEEL, my boo boo.
Depends.

Will the women in this space force be showing ample amounts of leg and breasts?

Pence details plan for creation of Space Force in what would be the sixth branch of the military

It's seven years behind schedule and $163 billion over budget, or as the man in charge of the F-35 told us, "basically the program ran itself off the rails." [Chris Bogdan: Good morning.]

Depends.

Possibly....
MV5BMWExY2Q3NWMtYjc0Ny00ZmRhLThjMTMtOTUzNjY5ZWNhZGIyL2ltYWdlXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjQ2MjQ5NzM@._V1_UY1200_CR91,0,630,1200_AL_.jpg

Depends.

Possibly....
MV5BMWExY2Q3NWMtYjc0Ny00ZmRhLThjMTMtOTUzNjY5ZWNhZGIyL2ltYWdlXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjQ2MjQ5NzM@._V1_UY1200_CR91,0,630,1200_AL_.jpg

Hehe...

I prefer this one...

IkWn7lh.jpg

Best movie Gina Davis was ever in!

earthgirlsareeasycloseencounter.jpg

I didn't vote. But....America's poor, hungry, ill should be first.

RW's applauded when 43 cut NASA funding - if Trump decides to spend $100 Trillion a month on space his bots will line up to lick his nuts.

Space- the final frontier. LET IT BE SO !

I didn't vote. But....America's poor, hungry, ill should be first.
If that is the stick by which we measure ANY proposed programs value we will never accomplish anything.

RW's applauded when 43 cut NASA funding - if Trump decides to spend $100 Trillion a month on space his bots will line up to lick his nuts.

Space- the final frontier. LET IT BE SO !
So, what do you want to be when you grow up?

Russia and China

We have the means to identify and destroy satellites without messing up others? Might want to tell the Pentagon...

Normally i would say no, however, space is a region that we need, as a race of beings, to conquer. Mankinds very survival requires that we be able to exist, and work in space. The sad truth is, the military has been responsible for more technological advancement than any other source. The space race too added to our technology, but we don't have one of those going on right now.

Thus, it makes sense to put resources towards development of a space force that can be used to defend the Earth from the next big asteroid that could wipe out civilization, if not life itself.

Russia and China

We have the means to identify and destroy satellites without messing up others? Might want to tell the Pentagon...
If we had that ability, I'd think that the Pentagaon would already know and be looking for whoever leaked that classified info.

Normally i would say no, however, space is a region that we need, as a race of beings, to conquer. Mankinds very survival requires that we be able to exist, and work in space. The sad truth is, the military has been responsible for more technological advancement than any other source. The space race too added to our technology, but we don't have one of those going on right now.

Thus, it makes sense to put resources towards development of a space force that can be used to defend the Earth from the next big asteroid that could wipe out civilization, if not life itself.
Why can't NASA be reinvested and handle it? They are already up and running? What would a separate space force have that NASA doesn't already have or couldn't expand to handle?

Seems to me, we have enough nuclear weapons to thwart any effort by Russia or China to take war to outer space.

"Ohio-class submarine

USS Louisiana, the last of the Ohio-class to be built, arrives at Naval Base Kitsap, Washington (2005).
Class overview
Name: Ohio class
Builders: General Dynamics Electric Boat[1]
Operators:
23px-Flag_of_the_United_States.svg.png
United States Navy[1]
Preceded by: Benjamin Franklin class
Succeeded by: Columbia class[2]
Cost:
$2 billion (late 1990's)[3]

($2.86 billion in 2016 dollars[4])
Built: 1976–1997
In commission: 1981–present
Planned: 24
Completed: 18
Cancelled: 6
Active: 18
General characteristics
Type: SSBN/SSGN (hull design SCB-304)[5]
Displacement:
  • 16,764 tonnes (16,499 long tons) surfaced[1][3]
  • 18,750 tonnes (18,450 long tons) submerged[1]
Length: 560 ft (170 m)[1]
Beam: 42 ft (13 m)[1]
Draft: 35.5 ft (10.8 m) maximum[6]
Propulsion:
Speed:
  • 12 knots (22 km/h; 14 mph) surfaced[1]
  • 20 knots (37 km/h; 23 mph) submerged (official)[1]
  • 25 knots (46 km/h; 29 mph) submerged (reported)[1]
Range: Limited only by food supplies
Test depth: +800 ft (240 m)
Complement: 15 officers, 140 enlisted[1][3]
Sensors and
processing systems:
Armament: 4 × 21 inch (533 mm) Mark 48 torpedo tubes (Forward Compartment 4th level)
General characteristics SSBN-726 to SSBN-733 from construction to refueling
Armament: 24 × Trident I C4 SLBM with up to 8 MIRVed 100 ktTNT W76 nuclear warheads each, range 4,000 nmi (7,400 km; 4,600 mi)
General characteristics SSBN-734 and subsequent hulls upon construction, SSBN-730 to SSBN-733 since refueling
Armament: 24 × Trident II D5 SLBM with up to 12 MIRVed W76 or W88 (300–475 ktTNT) nuclear warheads each, range 6,100 nmi (11,300 km; 7,000 mi)
General characteristics SSGN conversion
Armament: 22 tubes, each with 7 Tomahawk cruise missiles, totaling 154
The Ohio class of nuclear-powered submarines is the sole class of ballistic missile submarines (SSBN) currently in service with the United States Navy. Fourteen of the eighteen boats are SSBNs, which, along with U.S. Air Force strategic bombers and intercontinental ballistic missiles, constitute the nuclear-deterrent triad of the U.S

Why can't NASA be reinvested and handle it? They are already up and running? What would a separate space force have that NASA doesn't already have or couldn't expand to handle?
NASA has no mission to defend the USA. The Military does.

Forum List

Back