How do you fell about a Space Force?

Do you support a Space Force

• Yes, of course the Military-Industrial Complex needs it

Votes: 20 58.8%
  • No, we have many more needs than another boondoggle.

Votes: 14 41.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Pence details plan for creation of Space Force in what would be the sixth branch of the military

Mike Pence calls for Space Force by 2020 - CNNPolitics

The President Wants a Space Force. He Might Get One.

Pence said ^^^ in his speech, asking for $8 billion to build out the idea.

It's seven years behind schedule and $163 billion over budget, or as the man in charge of the F-35 told us, "basically the program ran itself off the rails." [Chris Bogdan: Good morning.]

oops, how do you FEEL, my boo boo.

Normally i would say no, however, space is a region that we need, as a race of beings, to conquer. Mankinds very survival requires that we be able to exist, and work in space. The sad truth is, the military has been responsible for more technological advancement than any other source. The space race too added to our technology, but we don't have one of those going on right now.

Thus, it makes sense to put resources towards development of a space force that can be used to defend the Earth from the next big asteroid that could wipe out civilization, if not life itself.
Why can't NASA be reinvested and handle it? They are already up and running? What would a separate space force have that NASA doesn't already have or couldn't expand to handle?
NASA has no mission to defend the USA. The Military does.

what shes saying is they could and without too much effort .....

Pence details plan for creation of Space Force in what would be the sixth branch of the military

It's seven years behind schedule and $163 billion over budget, or as the man in charge of the F-35 told us, "basically the program ran itself off the rails." [Chris Bogdan: Good morning.]

RW's applauded when 43 cut NASA funding - if Trump decides to spend $100 Trillion a month on space his bots will line up to lick his nuts.

Space- the final frontier. LET IT BE SO !
So, what do you want to be when you grow up?

SOMEONE THAT WITNESSED INTELLIGENT RIGHT WINGERS ON THIS PLANET.
There's plenty of us here, you just need to take the blinders off.

Normally i would say no, however, space is a region that we need, as a race of beings, to conquer. Mankinds very survival requires that we be able to exist, and work in space. The sad truth is, the military has been responsible for more technological advancement than any other source. The space race too added to our technology, but we don't have one of those going on right now.

Thus, it makes sense to put resources towards development of a space force that can be used to defend the Earth from the next big asteroid that could wipe out civilization, if not life itself.
Why can't NASA be reinvested and handle it? They are already up and running? What would a separate space force have that NASA doesn't already have or couldn't expand to handle?

what shes saying is they could and without too much effort .....
They actually can't. They are not trained or equipped to provide adequate service toward that end. They are scientists, not soldiers.

I think they should It would require a rewrite of their formation guidelines, but I see no problem with that at all.

Seems to me, we have enough nuclear weapons to thwart any effort by Russia or China to take war to outer space.

"Ohio-class submarine

USS Louisiana, the last of the Ohio-class to be built, arrives at Naval Base Kitsap, Washington (2005).
Class overview
Name: Ohio class
Builders: General Dynamics Electric Boat[1]
Operators:
23px-Flag_of_the_United_States.svg.png
United States Navy[1]
Preceded by: Benjamin Franklin class
Succeeded by: Columbia class[2]
Cost:
$2 billion (late 1990's)[3]

($2.86 billion in 2016 dollars[4])
Built: 1976–1997
In commission: 1981–present
Planned: 24
Completed: 18
Cancelled: 6
Active: 18
General characteristics
Type: SSBN/SSGN (hull design SCB-304)[5]
Displacement:
  • 16,764 tonnes (16,499 long tons) surfaced[1][3]
  • 18,750 tonnes (18,450 long tons) submerged[1]
Length: 560 ft (170 m)[1]
Beam: 42 ft (13 m)[1]
Draft: 35.5 ft (10.8 m) maximum[6]
Propulsion:
Speed:
  • 12 knots (22 km/h; 14 mph) surfaced[1]
  • 20 knots (37 km/h; 23 mph) submerged (official)[1]
  • 25 knots (46 km/h; 29 mph) submerged (reported)[1]
Range: Limited only by food supplies
Test depth: +800 ft (240 m)
Complement: 15 officers, 140 enlisted[1][3]
Sensors and
processing systems:
Armament: 4 × 21 inch (533 mm) Mark 48 torpedo tubes (Forward Compartment 4th level)
General characteristics SSBN-726 to SSBN-733 from construction to refueling
Armament: 24 × Trident I C4 SLBM with up to 8 MIRVed 100 ktTNT W76 nuclear warheads each, range 4,000 nmi (7,400 km; 4,600 mi)
General characteristics SSBN-734 and subsequent hulls upon construction, SSBN-730 to SSBN-733 since refueling
Armament: 24 × Trident II D5 SLBM with up to 12 MIRVed W76 or W88 (300–475 ktTNT) nuclear warheads each, range 6,100 nmi (11,300 km; 7,000 mi)
General characteristics SSGN conversion
Armament: 22 tubes, each with 7 Tomahawk cruise missiles, totaling 154
The Ohio class of nuclear-powered submarines is the sole class of ballistic missile submarines (SSBN) currently in service with the United States Navy. Fourteen of the eighteen boats are SSBNs, which, along with U.S. Air Force strategic bombers and intercontinental ballistic missiles, constitute the nuclear-deterrent triad of the U.S
You want to shoot a nuke into space to destroy satellites? Thats a GREAT IDEA! We can destroy 400 instead of 1 or 2, specifically! Not to mention we cant identify them. Lets just blow them all up!
Or did you mean we could kill 100K innocent people for them destroying a satellite?
I think Trump may be smarter than you wry.. Sad.

Okay. I have an observation. This is not an argument.
I got thinking, after the Space Force was first brought up, that all of our astronauts have been military personnel, trained by the military, even though NASA is supposedly civilian. Why?

I got thinking, after the Space Force was first brought up, that all of our astronauts have been military personnel, trained by the military, even though NASA is supposedly civilian. Why?
The military submits applicants to NASA.
Anyone can be an astronaut, though.

Because the military aviator training was the hardest in the world at the time. No one knew what sort of environment space would be so they opted for the absolute best we had.

America is going to need a modern, galaxy class Space Warfare branch in order to keep the throughout the universe. Further, America may well decide to annex new states based on other planets. Those folks are going to need security

From what I heard, the Space Force is going to be a sixth military arm, equal to the Army, Navy, etc. NASA will no doubt be encapsulated into the Space Force. It's too bad that our mission into space has to morph from curious scientists wanting to learn more into a military mission to blow things up. But I suppose we must protect ourselves, too.

Why can't NASA do it?
Why is that funny, Grampa Murked U ?
You wanting bureaucrats to manage a space program.
I don't know what difference it will make having it administered by military bureaucrats. But okay.
What if the space force will be a branch of NASA?
From what I heard, the Space Force is going to be a sixth military arm, equal to the Army, Navy, etc. NASA will no doubt be encapsulated into the Space Force. It's too bad that our mission into space has to morph from curious scientists wanting to learn more into a military mission to blow things up. But I suppose we must protect ourselves, too.
Yes, if ruthless tyrants are working on it, so should we. And we need to catch up!

Ok if they put the spaced out people like Boxer, Poloisi, and people like that into space.

This reminds me so much of the race to the moon. The whole idea of an enemy taking out our satellites is terrifying. Like taking out the power grid. It would bring us to our knees within minutes. Nothing to play around with. I just wonder if it requires an entirely new branch of the military to eat our tax dollars.
The poor Air Force has been standing there scratching their heads and saying WHAT ARE WE, CHOPPED LIVER?

Yeah, I get that. However, at its founding, NASA wasn't sure what kind of reentry guidance they could count on and if you need someone who can pilot a craft in adverse conditions, the US Military had the qualified personnel. However, they were not technically NASA if I remember right. They were "on loan".

There may be an opportunity for a joint mission between the two, but if such a program were to go forward, NASA would play a support role at best.

Not that I think this is a good idea as I don't. We are broke and can't afford this kind of shit.

Depends.

Will the women in this space force be showing ample amounts of leg and breasts?
We are talking Trump here

Forum List

Back