How did Politico get Cain story???

there are people who worked with both of these people and know about the case.
What a brilliant statement! My God! You should be a lawyer!
It's actually quite possible, and even probable, that the women themselves weren't the leakers. Someone from the NRA that didn't like Cain could have given Politico the information. Someone that wasn't bound by a confidentiality agreement.

Other than Cains claim of we paid her off so now she can't speak and insinuating that payoff means he gets to claim the charges are baseless.....we just don't know

She was paid $35k to go away. If she talks, she may have to give back the $35k. That is not too much money and I imagine many will line up to pay the $35k just to hear her side

Cain has to be careful, he is digging a hole that will cave in on him if he is lying

It actually doesn't work like that. You don't take the money and sign an NDA then 20 years later decide you don't want to stick to the agreement, give the money back and make $100k from going on talk shows.

Idiot.

Whether she gives the money back or not, she signed the NDA and that means she cannot talk. Ever. End of. And, FYI, it is unlikely that the agreement is with Cain. It is more likely that the company dealt with it. Not him as an individual.

All we have is 'he says', 'she says'... anyone who sees one side or the other as 'right' is an idiot.

There are no criminal charges that can be filed for violating an NDA. Other than Cain crying..."but you promised not to tell" there is little he can do but seek monetary damages.

Since Cain is the one doing the speaking about it, I even doubt he could sue for that. As soon as Cain claims the charges are frivolous, he is violating the terms and she has a right to defend herself.

And even if he didn't sign the agreement, as head of the NRA at the time he would have been bound by the agreement.

The lawyer for one of the accused Cain harrassment suit says Cain violated the confidentiality first...

Hmmmm how did Politico learn of the story??
Supposedly sealed records,etc.....

I don't know and just curious if the rest of you more expert then I in this would know how would Politico get the story and the names?
If this was public record then why the confidentiality agreements?

http://www.timesonline.com/news/loca...d99374672.html

Good that it came out this early. If Cain can not stand this scrutiny....

He's not going to get the Obama media free ride. It's going to get worse, much worse. Then the campaigning will begin.

And then the return salvo from the Republicans. :rofl:

Let's offer an explanation entirely as well founded as the liberal media's speculation that Mr. Cain "must have done something."

Let's say that when he was President of the Restaurant Association, some employees were involved in perfectly civil and polite and non-sexist non-harassing conversations with Mr. Cain. Then, let's say that either because they were dishonest and manipulative OR because they are idiots, they misconstrued some non-sexual gesture and non-sexual banter as some kind of sex-based employer/employee harassment. And let's say that for any number of reasons, they pursued this fantasy-based "claim."

The Association COULD have chosen to fight it in some EEOC hearing or in Court, perhaps. But that would involve lots of money for lawyers even if they were to prevail AND lots of time of numerous employees doing very non job related things on the time of the Association. So, they did the bean counter thing and elected a path of less resistance and greater cost efficiency. They worked out a "settlement" by which neither side admitted any 'guilt" and both sides got bound by confidentiality.

MAYBE Mr. Cain was made aware of all of this back at the time or maybe he wasn't required to know the details of such bullshit. IF he had been advised, maybe he never paid it very much attention (knowing that it was horse shit from day one). And then, over time, he forgot the few details he may have known over this inconsequential crap.

Now, lo and behold, he has the audacity to run for President. And SOMEBODY who was knowledgeable about the settlements and the sordid allegations of so many years ago "leaked" it to either a GOP opposition candidate OR to a couple of highly impressionable and gullible would-be "REPORTERS." Either way, the "story" gets smeared all over the news JUST around the time that Mr. Cain has charged into the most recent polling leads in the GOP field.

Could that be what happened? I dunno. But that speculation is JUST as well-founded as the rampant speculation I see from the Cain detractors and the "objective" main stream "news" reports.

these kind of things get noticed in an office by people who signed NO agreement to be silent

Other than Cains claim of we paid her off so now she can't speak and insinuating that payoff means he gets to claim the charges are baseless.....we just don't know

She was paid $35k to go away. If she talks, she may have to give back the $35k. That is not too much money and I imagine many will line up to pay the $35k just to hear her side

Cain has to be careful, he is digging a hole that will cave in on him if he is lying

It actually doesn't work like that. You don't take the money and sign an NDA then 20 years later decide you don't want to stick to the agreement, give the money back and make $100k from going on talk shows.

Idiot.

Whether she gives the money back or not, she signed the NDA and that means she cannot talk. Ever. End of. And, FYI, it is unlikely that the agreement is with Cain. It is more likely that the company dealt with it. Not him as an individual.

All we have is 'he says', 'she says'... anyone who sees one side or the other as 'right' is an idiot.

Hey thanks for your clarity. As I don't have any legal expertise it appears your comment at the minimum has logic if not legal, appropriateness.

I am not a lawyer.......but I do watch Judge Judy every day

That qualifies me to offer unsolicited legal advice on the inter web

these kind of things get noticed in an office by people who signed NO agreement to be silent

WHAT "kind" of things, dipshit?

YOU, as always, are presuming guilt.

What if the entire set of allegations was horseshit from jump street, you mental midget?

THESE kind of things would get "noticed" by a variety of individuals connected to the complainants, their lawyers/law firms and a number of individuals within the hierarchy of the Association and it's lawyers' firms(s).

Idiot.

There are no criminal charges that can be filed for violating an NDA. Other than Cain crying..."but you promised not to tell" there is little he can do but seek monetary damages.

Since Cain is the one doing the speaking about it, I even doubt he could sue for that. As soon as Cain claims the charges are frivolous, he is violating the terms and she has a right to defend herself.

Did Cain give the story to Politico?
Because that's why I asked how did Politico get the story if someone hadn't violated the confidentiality agreement.
The public news says Politico ADVISED Cain's campaign several weeks ago they were going to run the story... THEY advised FIRST!
So again.. Cain notified them according to you?

What if the entire set of allegations was horseshit from jump street, you mental midget?

THESE kind of things would get "noticed" by a variety of individuals connected to the complainants, their lawyers/law firms and a number of individuals within the hierarchy of the Association and it's lawyers' firms(s).

If you dont think this is anger then you are insane

Idiot.

Did Cain give the story to Politico?
Because that's why I asked how did Politico get the story if someone hadn't violated the confidentiality agreement.
The public news says Politico ADVISED Cain's campaign several weeks ago they were going to run the story... THEY advised FIRST!
So again.. Cain notified them according to you?

Who cares how Politico got the story? They did and it turned out to be true.

If someone was there when Cain did his dirty deed or if someone worked in the office and had the woman spill her guts on what happened......they are not subject to a confidentiality agreement. If you didn't sign it, it doesn't apply to you

If Cain goes in public and says "the claim had no merit" he is commenting on the case. The claim very well may have had merit. It is Cain who is now violating confidentiality. We have heard nothing from the woman

If you dont think this is anger then you are insane

Wrong, dipshit.

It is not "anger."

It was, however, a compact refutation of the stupid shit you had just posted.

Whether you recognize the truth of what I just posted or not, you are magnificently stupid and dishonest.

2 months severance is $35k???

What position did the woman hold? That's a $210,000 a year job.

Forum List

Back