How did Politico get Cain story???

WHAT "kind" of things, dipshit?

YOU, as always, are presuming guilt.

What if the entire set of allegations was horseshit from jump street, you mental midget?

THESE kind of things would get "noticed" by a variety of individuals connected to the complainants, their lawyers/law firms and a number of individuals within the hierarchy of the Association and it's lawyers' firms(s).

If you dont think this is anger then you are insane

Wrong, dipshit.

It is not "anger."

It was, however, a compact refutation of the stupid shit you had just posted.

Whether you recognize the truth of what I just posted or not, you are magnificently stupid and dishonest.

How is pointing out that other employees were aware of the conflict being untruthful?

He said they were unfounded claims

TDM:

When offering such simplistic sentences as you just did, it is beneficial to your reader(s) to inform them what it is you are attempting to "respond" to.

You dipshit.

It APPEARS that you think you have made some point by noting that "he" (Mr. Cain, I must presume) has said the claims are unfounded.

And to the extent he has said so, so what?

Other than Cains claim of we paid her off so now she can't speak and insinuating that payoff means he gets to claim the charges are baseless.....we just don't know

She was paid $35k to go away. If she talks, she may have to give back the $35k. That is not too much money and I imagine many will line up to pay the $35k just to hear her side

Cain has to be careful, he is digging a hole that will cave in on him if he is lying

2 months severance is $35k???

What position did the woman hold? That's a $210,000 a year job.

This morning it was reported that the woman received a years pay as severance and that was $35,0000. Cain himself said five figures which is $10k plus.

these kind of things get noticed in an office by people who signed NO agreement to be silent

WHAT "kind" of things, dipshit?

YOU, as always, are presuming guilt.

What if the entire set of allegations was horseshit from jump street, you mental midget?

THESE kind of things would get "noticed" by a variety of individuals connected to the complainants, their lawyers/law firms and a number of individuals within the hierarchy of the Association and it's lawyers' firms(s).

In this thread I agree that TM is presuming guilt.

If you dont think this is anger then you are insane

Wrong, dipshit.

It is not "anger."

Whether you recognize the truth of what I just posted or not, you are magnificently stupid and dishonest.

How is pointing out that other employees were aware of the conflict being untruthful?

You presume, shithead, that there ever was any "conflict" for anybody to BE aware of.

A claim made by a woman or two is not the same thing as there ever having BEEN any actual "conflict," you simpleton.

Why not just acknowledge that YOU presume that there "must be" some "truth" to the allegations?

Obviously, that's what you presume. And it is (whether you are smart enough to realize it or not) a suppressed premise in almost all of your churlish dopey posts on this "topic."

Last edited:
Let's offer an explanation entirely as well founded as the liberal media's speculation that Mr. Cain "must have done something."

Let's say that when he was President of the Restaurant Association, some employees were involved in perfectly civil and polite and non-sexist non-harassing conversations with Mr. Cain. Then, let's say that either because they were dishonest and manipulative OR because they are idiots, they misconstrued some non-sexual gesture and non-sexual banter as some kind of sex-based employer/employee harassment. And let's say that for any number of reasons, they pursued this fantasy-based "claim."

The Association COULD have chosen to fight it in some EEOC hearing or in Court, perhaps. But that would involve lots of money for lawyers even if they were to prevail AND lots of time of numerous employees doing very non job related things on the time of the Association. So, they did the bean counter thing and elected a path of less resistance and greater cost efficiency. They worked out a "settlement" by which neither side admitted any 'guilt" and both sides got bound by confidentiality.

MAYBE Mr. Cain was made aware of all of this back at the time or maybe he wasn't required to know the details of such bullshit. IF he had been advised, maybe he never paid it very much attention (knowing that it was horse shit from day one). And then, over time, he forgot the few details he may have known over this inconsequential crap.

Now, lo and behold, he has the audacity to run for President. And SOMEBODY who was knowledgeable about the settlements and the sordid allegations of so many years ago "leaked" it to either a GOP opposition candidate OR to a couple of highly impressionable and gullible would-be "REPORTERS." Either way, the "story" gets smeared all over the news JUST around the time that Mr. Cain has charged into the most recent polling leads in the GOP field.

Could that be what happened? I dunno. But that speculation is JUST as well-founded as the rampant speculation I see from the Cain detractors and the "objective" main stream "news" reports.

This may very well be what really happened.

Just as John Edwards, Gary Harts and Anthony Wieners initial claims may have been true. But the free press has a way of digging at a story until more facts come out. They will keep at it until Cain confesses what happened or it turns out to be a non-story. That is the way these things usually play out

Right now, we just don't know

If Cains version of events are true, this will be an old story by next week. But if there is more there and Cain has been lying......it will be much worse for him

Just as John Edwards, Gary Harts and Anthony Wieners initial claims may have been true. But the free press has a way of digging at a story until more facts come out. They will keep at it until Cain confesses what happened or it turns out to be a non-story. That is the way these things usually play out

If Cains version of events are true, this will be an old story by next week. But if there is more there and Cain has been lying......it will be much worse for him

It doesn't matter if the story is true or not. What matters is whether the DNC demagogues of the MSM can convince the public that they MIGHT have some truth. The little Goebbels at MSNBC and the NY Times want to plant FUD, "fear, uncertainty and doubt" to torpedo the threat to their candidate.

All side know that there is virtually no chance that the story is true, the question is how effective the smear by the democrats press will be?

If it ends up being a non-story, it will get swept under a rug.

Most left leaners here are treating him as if he did something with 0 evidence.

Cain has shown no evidence that he has ever behaved in an ill way toward women and I doubt these allegations are true.

I know, I know.... ya never know right? I am just going with my gut, and it says this is a non story.

Let's offer an explanation entirely as well founded as the liberal media's speculation that Mr. Cain "must have done something."

Let's say that when he was President of the Restaurant Association, some employees were involved in perfectly civil and polite and non-sexist non-harassing conversations with Mr. Cain. Then, let's say that either because they were dishonest and manipulative OR because they are idiots, they misconstrued some non-sexual gesture and non-sexual banter as some kind of sex-based employer/employee harassment. And let's say that for any number of reasons, they pursued this fantasy-based "claim."

The Association COULD have chosen to fight it in some EEOC hearing or in Court, perhaps. But that would involve lots of money for lawyers even if they were to prevail AND lots of time of numerous employees doing very non job related things on the time of the Association. So, they did the bean counter thing and elected a path of less resistance and greater cost efficiency. They worked out a "settlement" by which neither side admitted any 'guilt" and both sides got bound by confidentiality.

MAYBE Mr. Cain was made aware of all of this back at the time or maybe he wasn't required to know the details of such bullshit. IF he had been advised, maybe he never paid it very much attention (knowing that it was horse shit from day one). And then, over time, he forgot the few details he may have known over this inconsequential crap.

Now, lo and behold, he has the audacity to run for President. And SOMEBODY who was knowledgeable about the settlements and the sordid allegations of so many years ago "leaked" it to either a GOP opposition candidate OR to a couple of highly impressionable and gullible would-be "REPORTERS." Either way, the "story" gets smeared all over the news JUST around the time that Mr. Cain has charged into the most recent polling leads in the GOP field.

Could that be what happened? I dunno. But that speculation is JUST as well-founded as the rampant speculation I see from the Cain detractors and the "objective" main stream "news" reports.

It might also be the hope of those perpetrating this smear campaign that BY THE TIME the truth comes out (i.e., if the truth exonerates Mr. Cain entirely), the damage will already have been done.

That's the problem with a dishonest smear campaign that gets such "coverage." Relying on the old saw that "the truth will out" might end up being true, but perhaps too late to save teh victim of the smear from the damage inflicted.

A responsible news reporter wouldn't have run this story without verification of the details. But that's ok. We know the "public figures" doctrine make the newsies virtually bullet proof.

Incidentally, the introduction of LOSER PAYS would decrease the frequency of frivolous lawsuits overnight.
Bingo!!!

After that, a sharp-decrease in....

....would certainly help, as well.​

August 19, 2009

"It’s really just a distraction said Tom Baker, a professor at the University of Pennsylvania Law School and author of “The Medical Malpractice Myth “If you were to eliminate medical malpractice liability, even forgetting the negative consequences that would have for safety, accountability, and responsiveness, maybe we’d be talking about 1.5 percent of health care costs. So we’re not talking about real money. It’s small relative to the out-of-control cost of health care.”

He said they were unfounded claims

So?

Saying that the claims are false isn't talking about them.

I'm sure the claims are unfounded, 99% of sexual harassment claims are.

except cain has done more than claim they are false....

he has given his side of the story of what "really happened"

it will depend on what the nda says about what each side is allowed to discuss... most say all involved parties must keep mum on the issue.........

Wrong, dipshit.

It is not "anger."

You presume, shithead, that there ever was any "conflict" for anybody to BE aware of.

A claim made by a woman or two is not the same thing as there ever having BEEN any actual "conflict," you simpleton.

Why not just acknowledge that YOU presume that there "must be" some "truth" to the allegations?

Obviously, that's what you presume. And it is (whether you are smart enough to realize it or not) a suppressed premise in almost all of your churlish dopey posts on this "topic."

I presumed NOTHING, there was a case and it was settled.

I claimed NO SIDE but merely stated the fact that other employees were aware of something going on.

They could have been who told the news.

There is not one letter in that statement that lays blame on ANYONE.

You are insane

The lawyer for one of the accused Cain harrassment suit says Cain violated the confidentiality first...

Hmmmm how did Politico learn of the story??
Supposedly sealed records,etc.....

I don't know and just curious if the rest of you more expert then I in this would know how would Politico get the story and the names?
If this was public record then why the confidentiality agreements?

http://www.timesonline.com/news/loca...d99374672.html
I wasn't there so I cannot say exactly what transpired. Back in the 90s, sexual harassment charges were commonplace. It was also commonplace for companies to pay frivolous lawsuits out of court rather than pay lawyers hundreds of thousands of dollar to defend frivolous lawsuits. It did not matter that the suit had no basis. All it took then (and still now) to file a law suit was a filing fee and a statement of the claim. Anyone could (and still can) accuse anyone else of anything with or without cause. Many did it for no reason other than to protect their own job and/or to extort money from the company.

The fact that Cain's employer paid off the accuser's lawyers for a frivolous lawsuit has no proof in it that the accusations were valid.

It is said that Billy Graham refused to ride in an elevator with women he did not know for fear of being accused of saying or doing something he had not done.

Other than Cains claim of we paid her off so now she can't speak and insinuating that payoff means he gets to claim the charges are baseless.....we just don't know

She was paid $35k to go away. If she talks, she may have to give back the $35k. That is not too much money and I imagine many will line up to pay the $35k just to hear her side

Cain has to be careful, he is digging a hole that will cave in on him if he is lying

.....As if "conservatives" were all-that-concerned (in their desperate-HASTE) with accurately-vetting their Obama.

529.gif
529.gif
529.gif
528.gif

I presumed NOTHING, there was a case and it was settled.

I claimed NO SIDE but merely stated the fact that other employees were aware of something going on.

They could have been who told the news.

There is not one letter in that statement that lays blame on ANYONE.

You are insane

Wrong. There was a claim. That much we know. Two claims, in fact.

We know they got "settled." Another given.

But you had not spoken about a "case" or a "settlement," you lying maggot.

You spoke of a "conflict." Thus, you did presume (your present dishonest denial notwithstanding) that there was something solid underlying the "case" that got settled.

You PRESUMED that there HAD BEEN anything "going on" for anybody TO BE aware of.

Your cheap-ass transparent dishonest effort to spin what you, yourself, already posted doesn't erase it, stupid.

You are a fraud and valueless. You lie like a rug. Putting the word "truth" in your username is the height of cynicism.

All side know that there is virtually no chance that the story is true, the question is how effective the smear by the democrats press will be?

His campaign donations have gone up notably :lol:

...because of RACECARD fundraising like this:

“Don’t let the left ‘lynch’ another black conservative."

Cain PAC accuses left of 'high-tech lynching' in fundraising letter - The Hill's Blog Briefing Room

So a PAC of his supporters noting that the left is once again engaged in a high tech lynching of a black conservative constitutes, in your dishonest view of the world, the same thing as Mr. Cain, himself, "playing the race card."

You have no more integrity than truthdon'tmattertoheratall."

Forum List

Back