How Did Cruz Screw It All Up After Wisconsin?

JimBowie1958

Old Fogey
Sep 25, 2011
Remember the two weeks after the Wisconsin Primary? Everyone was ready to write off Trump, and there were all the riots and the delegate poaching...I had just about lost confidence in Trump; if he couldnt keep a state organization going how could he run the whole country?

But then many of the things that looked bad for Trump seemed to have actually helped him.

1. The Rioters gave all kinds of sympathy for Trump and they didnt even bother with Cruz. The subtle message was that Trump was the real enemy for the hard core Marxist Left, not Ted. Trump gained poll points from these morons antics, just like he will in the coming fall also. I am praying that the dumbasses protest and riot in Cleveland during the GOP convention too. It should lock up the election for the GOP.

2. Cruz engaging in delegate poaching was short sighted. Americans hate cheaters, even exploiting cheaters that dont break the letter of the rules but steamroll the spirit of those rules. Cruz came off as a slimy little crook in that whole process.

3. Cruz' rhetoric was not helping him as he failed to rebrand Trump while Trump easily rebranded Cruz. Trump looks for what has a ring of Truth to it about his opponent and then beats it like a toy drum all day and night till people cant help but think of what Trump said about his opponent instead of anything factual about them. Cruz just said things intended to reduce Trump among conservatives and other targeted groups, as though mere repetition was what made it all work. No, there has to be something close to truthful to make it hook. Cruz never learned how to do it and the day of the Indiana primary when Trump used his other tactic of simple provocation into a full blown Cruz meltdown, suggesting that Cruz Dad had something to do with the JFK assassination, which ruined any chance of Cruz continuing.

4. The appearance of collusion with the GOP Establishment, and Kasich and Romney hurt Cruz with the anti-establishment wing of the party, and that was Cruz' home turf. Trump stole it from him.

5. While Trump won every county in five states, Cruz stole every delegate in antidemocratic pseudo-caucuses in Colorado and also in states Trump won, making him look like a sleazy cheating twink.

6. The Fiorina VP appointment made Cruz look desperate.

7. The governors endorsement of Cruz was the worst in history and actually was more positive toward Trump.

8. Cruz still had very few GOP people of stature support him. Boehner's slam on Cruz stung, even though Boehner is himself an ass hole who once said that if an American was the son of ditch diggers that they probably are meant to be ditch diggers. But despite Boehners history as a jack ass, his slam on Cruz still made Cruz look worse

9. The Kasich alliance was an insult to voters across the whole country, not just Indiana.

10. The Cruz vrs 'Trump supporter' debate. Cruz had this air like he was going to school this boy, and then got his ass handed to him by a guy wearing a Skull sweatshirt, lol.

What in Gawds Sweet Name did Cruz think he would accomplish with this?

All in all, it seems that Cruz was not emotionally prepared for the impact of losing to Trump in 6 straight North Eastern states. I figured he would have trouble with April, but I never thought he would self destruct.

Last edited:
early on he exposed himself as an establishment guy

then almost weekly he doubled down on proving it

at one point he mailed out his

very own version of card check to Iowa voters

I think at one point, had Cruz been the sole opponent to trump, he might have won it, but Trump kept his opponents balanced with each other, splitting his opposition masterfully for an amateur politician.

Trump is a brilliant man, but his opponents still think he is a rube and that is one of his strengths.

I think at one point, had Cruz been the sole opponent to trump, he might have won it, but Trump kept his opponents balanced with each other, splitting his opposition masterfully for an amateur politician.

Trump is a brilliant man, but his opponents still think he is a rube and that is one of his strengths.

early on

i was a Cruz supporter

i got tired of his stunts

figured he would pull those same stunts on the people

if he became the prezbo

early on

i was a Cruz supporter

if he became the prezbo

I was never a Cruz supporter exclusively, but I was hoping he would do well. I felt lucky as hell when it all came down to Trump and Cruz. Iw as like giddy all over.

Less so now.

Every time he quoted the fairy tale (aka bible)
You really need to learn what literary forms are, and that the Bible is a collection of different books, some of them history and some of them poetry and everything between, written over the course of 2000 years.

Not a single one of the books are fairy tales.

When did you get dropped on your head? At birth?

You really need to learn what literary forms are, and that the Bible is a collection of different books, some of them history and some of them poetry and everything between, written over the course of 2000 years.

None of which belong in American politics.

Keep your God out of my chocolate

I was never a Cruz supporter exclusively, but I was hoping he would do well. I felt lucky as hell when it all came down to Trump and Cruz. Iw as like giddy all over.

Less so now.

You're a blabbering idiot who just votes for someone because you think that's what other people are doing. You're nothing but a lousy bandwagoner. If Obama were winning the GOP primary, you'd vote for him.

early on

i was a Cruz supporter

if he became the prezbo

Less so now.

early on

i was a Cruz supporter

if he became the prezbo

Less so now.
Today we move into what, our 20th battle? Maybe higher who counts during a march? All along they have told us "They can't they won't" but we keep moving forward and taking new ground. We take that ground from the elites of BOTH sides.

Shortly we will have to prepare for the big fight. We will face the Clinton machine head on. The Clinton machine says Trump cannot do this or that. To some extent that is true but they forget one thing. A LEADER only arms his people with the best. A warrior makes the change happen.

The implements we have laid before us are simple. 1, God and Country. May they find their way into the heart of every voting American. 2, Free speech and the Right to bear Arms. These are the tools freedom awarded us not a person. People fought for it but the reward was shared.

We have before us an axis of evil. Democrats and islam and make no mistake they HAVE joined as one. World wide no two groups hold more of the world hostage. No where in the world are two groups doing more to take your freedoms your rights and your country.

We stand at the threshold of a battle that will take place here and all across Europe and in many places we have never even heard of. Iowa farm boys and German brew master and yes Russian steel workers shall unite for ONE cause.
The most basic human right there is, the right to be free.

The battle is far from over but yet the goal burns bright and is held by men and women all over the world. We may have our little arguments afterwards about paths and goals but if the coming battle is NOT fought there will be silence world wide and the luster of freedom for any nation will be gone.

May God grant us the spirit the will the power to move forward.
May God bless and keep us all.

Fury

Lol, you and your chocolate are in GOD, doofus.

And I'll talk about anything I god damned please, thank you.

Lol, you and your chocolate are in GOD, doofus.

And I'll talk about anything I god damned please, thank you.
This thread isn't about you ya dumbass. You asked where he went wrong & I told you. Trump & Bernie brought out the young voters. Young voters don't give two shits about the brimstone & fire speeches

Between his smarmy attitude of "I can't beat you with the voters so I'll beat you with the establishment rules" and "deal with the devil Kasich to stop a candidate that was winning with voters" those were two straws that broke the back of his campaign.
ETA: and his campaign continually slamming Trump voters I personally believe many who were sitting on the fence went to hell with this shit and went and voted for Trump.

This thread isn't about you ya dumbass. You asked where he went wrong & I told you. Trump & Bernie brought out the young voters. Young voters don't give two shits about the brimstone & fire speeches

Apparently millions of them in fact DO CARE, you God hating bigot.

Forum List

Back