American Samurai

williepete

Platinum Member
Aug 7, 2011
Troposphere
My fellow WW2 buffs may find this article interesting. Especially so if they've never heard of the 442nd Regimental Combat Team.

Enjoy:

American Samurai | HistoryNet

"... 442nd Regimental Combat Team would become the most highly decorated unit of its size and length of service in the history of the U.S. Army, receiving an unprecedented 8 Presidential Unit Citations, 21 Medals of Honor, and 9,486 Purple Hearts."
jamsj_442_03.tb.jpg

• Banned
It's a captured flag. Their war trophy. But thanks for playing.

I'd change the picture to keep other challenged people from getting confused but the edit window expired.

hires_111101-A-AO884-234LRd.jpg

Last edited:
It's a captured flag. Their war trophy.

But I'll change the picture. There might be other challenged people getting confused.

No, not a challenged person, just someone who believes that when you are speaking about a decorated military outfit, you should show them displaying the American flag, or posing together without war trophies.

Why do I say that? Because I served in the U.S. Navy from 1982 until 2002, and I would prefer to have my various commands shown in the best light possible.

But I'll change the picture. There might be other challenged people getting confused.
Democrats typically do...

Maybe that's why Roosevelt took actions that led to those troops' families losing everything, and being placed in internment camps....

Considering the circumstances, the men of the 442nd were true American heroes!!!!

• Banned
...someone who believes that when you are speaking about a decorated military outfit, you should show them displaying the American flag, or posing together without war trophies.

Why do I say that? Because I served in the U.S. Navy from 1982 until 2002, and I would prefer to have my various commands shown in the best light possible.

I don't care what you believe or prefer. Adds nothing to the subject. I served too. Don't like the post, don't read it.

Last edited:

No, not a challenged person, just someone who believes that when you are speaking about a decorated military outfit, you should show them displaying the American flag, or posing together without war trophies.

Believe me, the 442nd deserves all the recognition they get, including the right to display war trophies.

I'm sure this individual would have agreed....

R.I.P. Sen. Inouye, Hero of the 442nd, by Daniel Foster, National Review

• Banned
Some of you may remember U.S. Senator Dan Inouye from Hawaii. Medal of Honor winner.

z_moh_army.gif

The President of the United States
in the name of The Congress
takes pleasure in presenting the
Medal of Honor
to

Inouye, Daniel K.

Rank and organization: Second Lieutenant, U.S. Army, Company E, 442nd Infantry. Place and date: San Terenzo, Italy, 21 April 1945. Birth: 7 September 1924, Honolulu, Hawaii. Entered service at: Honolulu, Hawaii.

Citation:
Second Lieutenant Daniel K. Inouye distinguished himself by extraordinary heroism in action on 21 April 1945, in the vicinity of San Terenzo, Italy. While attacking a defended ridge guarding an important road junction, Second Lieutenant Inouye skillfully directed his platoon through a hail of automatic weapon and small arms fire, in a swift enveloping movement that resulted in the capture of an artillery and mortar post and brought his men to within 40 yards of the hostile force. Emplaced in bunkers and rock formations, the enemy halted the advance with crossfire from three machine guns. With complete disregard for his personal safety, Second Lieutenant Inouye crawled up the treacherous slope to within five yards of the nearest machine gun and hurled two grenades, destroying the emplacement. Before the enemy could retaliate, he stood up and neutralized a second machine gun nest. Although wounded by a sniper’s bullet, he continued to engage other hostile positions at close range until an exploding grenade shattered his right arm. Despite the intense pain, he refused evacuation and continued to direct his platoon until enemy resistance was broken and his men were again deployed in defensive positions. In the attack, 25 enemy soldiers were killed and eight others captured. By his gallant, aggressive tactics and by his indomitable leadership, Second Lieutenant Inouye enabled his platoon to advance through formidable resistance, and was instrumental in the capture of the ridge. Second Lieutenant Inouye’s extraordinary heroism and devotion to duty are in keeping with the highest traditions of military service and reflect great credit on him, his unit, and the United States Army.

ArmyAwards1_1.png

inouye.jpg

Believe me, the 442nd deserves all the recognition they get, including the right to display war trophies.

I'm sure this individual would have agreed....

R.I.P. Sen. Inouye, Hero of the 442nd, by Daniel Foster, National Review

Yep- Senator Inouye- American hero, Japanese American- and a lifelong Democrat.

Apparently the 442 consisted of Hawaiian Japanese because FDR's crazy executive order 9066 that authorized the incarceration of American citizens didn't extend to Hawaii. While the 442 was fighting for the United States their relatives in California were incarcerated behind barbed wire and armed guard towers.

Apparently the 442 consisted of Hawaiian ......

From Hawaii and from among prisoners in fdr's concentration camps. The two groups didn't get along at first, but came together in service of country.

Forum List

Back