How can people really vote for Santorum

That may be. I will support the Republican Nominee, whom ever it is. I hope, at this point it's Romney. Either we Unite, no matter who it is, or we lose, we lose possibly much more than the Election.

You would a lot more under Santorum..

Roe vs Wade would be under the gun, gay marriage....all personal choices would be in the firing line...Prayer in school would be back...gak!

Romney has said he opposes Roe, and gay marriage...even Obama says he opposes gay marriage.

So, what is the difference?

The difference is they are full of crap.

(Wink, nod) "I'm pro-life."...(fingers crossed) "I support the 2nd amendment."

Santorum is honest.

Let's see what some straight forward truth would look like from some other candidates.

Obama: "Yes, I personally believe you all are backwater bible clinging gun nuts and I personally believe semi automatic rifles and shotguns plus all handguns should be banned...but I will support your freedom of religious expression and right to bear arms."

Romney: "Well of course I see absolutely no problem whatsoever with a mandate to force citizens to buy healthcare, it was the cornerstone of my healthcare plan, and I personally see no reason to repeal Obamacare, I'll just give everyone a waiver and let it drag on and on like the alternate minimum tax...but you can count on me to fix Obamacare."

Or how about...Romney "Sure, I signed an assault weapons ban and stated in no uncertain terms that I would sign a national assault weapons ban if I were president...but now I'm a lifetime member of the NRA...so have no fear, your second amendment rights are safe if you elect me president."

Now, what's the beef with Santorum, he says he is personally opposed to contraception...but believes that it is a personal choice that the government should have no say in one way or the other."

Well hell folks, that's the only statement up there I believe.

do you have a link to where Romney said that about healthcare? or did you make that up?

Roe vs Wade would be under the gun, gay marriage....all personal choices would be in the firing line...Prayer in school would be back...gak!

Romney has said he opposes Roe, and gay marriage...even Obama says he opposes gay marriage.

Santorum is honest.

Let's see what some straight forward truth would look like from some other candidates.

Obama: "Yes, I personally believe you all are backwater bible clinging gun nuts and I personally believe semi automatic rifles and shotguns plus all handguns should be banned...but I will support your freedom of religious expression and right to bear arms."

Romney: "Well of course I see absolutely no problem whatsoever with a mandate to force citizens to buy healthcare, it was the cornerstone of my healthcare plan, and I personally see no reason to repeal Obamacare, I'll just give everyone a waiver and let it drag on and on like the alternate minimum tax...but you can count on me to fix Obamacare."

Or how about...Romney "Sure, I signed an assault weapons ban and stated in no uncertain terms that I would sign a national assault weapons ban if I were president...but now I'm a lifetime member of the NRA...so have no fear, your second amendment rights are safe if you elect me president."

Now, what's the beef with Santorum, he says he is personally opposed to contraception...but believes that out is a personal choice that the government should have no say in one way our the other."

Except Santorum said states should have to right to ban birth control.

I expect better from you, are you really this poorly informed?

Or is this from the Romney negative ad disinformation playbook?

What he said was states already do have the power to ban birth control, just like they have the power to ban alcohol, smoking, bath salts, and pseudo ephedrine...but that they should not and would not.

Santorum: " “I was asked if I believed in it, and I said, ‘No, I’m a Catholic, and I don’t.’ I don’t want the government to fund it through Planned Parenthood, but that’s different than wanting to ban it; the idea I’m coming after your birth control is absurd. I was making a statement about my moral beliefs, but I won’t impose them on anyone else in this case. I don’t think the government should be involved in that. People are free to make their own decisions.’’

<SNIP>

Santorum: "Birth control should be legal in the United States. The states should not ban it, and I would oppose any effort to ban it.’’

Rick Santorum: &lsquo;The idea I&rsquo;m coming after your birth control is absurd&rsquo; - She the People: - The Washington Post

Please, let's stick to the facts and leave the disinformation to the liberals.

Santorum is honest.

Now, what's the beef with Santorum, he says he is personally opposed to contraception...but believes that it is a personal choice that the government should have no say in one way or the other."

do you have a link to where Romney said that about healthcare? or did you make that up?

I do my best to be as honest as possible. I said in my post that these are examples of what the truth would be if the other candidates actually told it straight.

"Mitt Romney adviser Norm Coleman, a former senator from Minnesota, predicted the GOP won't repeal the Democrats' healthcare reform law even if a Republican candidate defeats President Obama this November.

"You will not repeal the act in its entirety, but you will see major changes, particularly if there is a Republican president," Coleman told BioCentury This Week television in an interview that aired on Sunday. "You can't whole-cloth throw it out. But you can substantially change what's been done."

Romney adviser Norm Coleman predicts GOP president won't repeal health law - The Hill's Healthwatch

Last edited:

Santorum is honest.

I do my best to be as honest as possible.

"Mitt Romney adviser Norm Coleman, a former senator from Minnesota, predicted the GOP won't repeal the Democrats' healthcare reform law even if a Republican candidate defeats President Obama this November.

"You will not repeal the act in its entirety, but you will see major changes, particularly if there is a Republican president," Coleman told BioCentury This Week television in an interview that aired on Sunday. "You can't whole-cloth throw it out. But you can substantially change what's been done."

Romney adviser Norm Coleman predicts GOP president won't repeal health law - The Hill's Healthwatch

He's right about that. The only hope we have for a repeal is the supreme court.

I don't agree.

BTW, I edited that post somewhat.

Those were not actual quotes, they are the truth that the candidates would only admit when they thought no one was listening...like Obama's low "cling to their bibles and guns" gaff.

I don't agree.

Those were not actual quotes, they are the truth that the candidates would only admit when they thought no one was listening...like Obama's low "cling to their bibles and guns" gaff.

If edited they should not be in quotes.
to put them in quotes is a deception.

they don't have any real powers.....They only can do what the policy states they can do.

Shrug

They don't have powers, unless they actually have powers, but they still don't because, even when they do, they don't.

Got it.

they have little to no money, They can not create policies, They can not give out grants. They have little to no staff.

I offered a link, you offered well...nothing

Funny, you never disputed my statement, in fact, you actually admitted I was right, Now you are complaining because I didn't go to Wikipedia to prove that, even though he doesn't have any powers, according to you, he actually told the banks what salaries they could get away with paying. Are you trying to say that didn't happen now?

Why is it unconstitutional? Can you name one society where one religion over rides all others, and it is a peaceful and harmonious place to live? There is a reason your FF's put that little clause in there...they knew, having come from Puritan stock, what happens when a particular religion gets its way..

Let's not stuff around here. When Santorum says religion should have some say in government, he is talking about one religion is particular. The guy is a moonbat....

Where did he say one religion has to be in charge? But, if you absolutely insist on an example of something that has nothing to do with what is being discussed, I would simply point to Tibet, and walk away.

The clause that is actually in the constitution prohibits the government from establishing a religion or preventing the free exercise thereof. Telling people that religion is not allowed in public is prohibiting the free exercise of religion. In fact, there is another clause in the constitution specifically prohibits any religious test for public office to federal government. That actually prohibits a test that would require people in office from not deferring to their religious beliefs. That makes an absolute separation between religious belief and government unconstitutional, even while building a wall between church and state.

Go take a look at a wall sometime. My guess is you won't ever find one that cannot be climbed over or gone around.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with allowing religious displays in public, it's when religion becomes law that the problems start. Just ask Ireland. I'm not too sure on the law now, but in the recent past it was illegal to have condoms. Why? Because Catholic doctrine was also law.

Tibet only has one religion. As far as I'm aware there were no other religions other than Buddism...so that is not a good example.

Condoms were illegal because the Catholics said so? That probably explains the opposition of the feminist movement to condoms in the 1800s, everyone knows that those feminists are in the pay of the Catholic church.

:cuckoo:

Maybe you should go learn some history before you start blaming a single group for everything you perceive to be a problem.

By the way, how is Tibet not a good example of a government that is controlled by religion that is peaceful? Would you prefer the example of the Saracens who invaded Israel and allowed bith Christains and Jews to be fully productive members of their Islamic society?

Last edited:
How about the Obama quote?

How can you forget the bible and gun clingers quote, support of the assault weapons ban and his handgun questionnaire from Illinois?

"FactCheck: Yes, Obama endorsed Illinois handgun ban

Obama was being misleading when he denied that his handwriting had been on a document endorsing a state ban on the sale and possession of handguns in Illinois. Obama responded, &#8220;No, my writing wasn&#8217;t on that particular questionnaire. As I said, I have never favored an all-out ban on handguns.&#8221;

Actually, Obama&#8217;s writing was on the 1996 document, which was filed when Obama was running for the Illinois state Senate.

A Chicago nonprofit, Independent Voters of Illinois, had this question, and Obama took hard line:

35. Do you support state legislation to:

a. ban the manufacture, sale and possession of handguns? Yes.
b. ban assault weapons? Yes.
c. mandatory waiting periods and background checks? Yes.

BITTER-GATE

April 11th produced "Bittergate." The Huffington Post website posted an explanation Obama gave at a private fundraiser in San Francisco of the challenges he faced with working-class voters in Pennsylvania and Indiana. "It's not surprising they get bitter," he said, referring to decades of constrained economic opportunities. "They cling to guns or religion or antipathy to people who aren't like them or anti-immigrant sentiment or anti-trade sentiment as a way to explain their frustrations."

http://www.ontheissues.org/domestic/barack_obama_gun_control.htm

Last edited:
Why is it unconstitutional? Can you name one society where one religion over rides all others, and it is a peaceful and harmonious place to live? There is a reason your FF's put that little clause in there...they knew, having come from Puritan stock, what happens when a particular religion gets its way..

Let's not stuff around here. When Santorum says religion should have some say in government, he is talking about one religion is particular. The guy is a moonbat....

Where did he say one religion has to be in charge? But, if you absolutely insist on an example of something that has nothing to do with what is being discussed, I would simply point to Tibet, and walk away.

The clause that is actually in the constitution prohibits the government from establishing a religion or preventing the free exercise thereof. Telling people that religion is not allowed in public is prohibiting the free exercise of religion. In fact, there is another clause in the constitution specifically prohibits any religious test for public office to federal government. That actually prohibits a test that would require people in office from not deferring to their religious beliefs. That makes an absolute separation between religious belief and government unconstitutional, even while building a wall between church and state.

Go take a look at a wall sometime. My guess is you won't ever find one that cannot be climbed over or gone around.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with allowing religious displays in public, it's when religion becomes law that the problems start. Just ask Ireland. I'm not too sure on the law now, but in the recent past it was illegal to have condoms. Why? Because Catholic doctrine was also law.

Tibet only has one religion. As far as I'm aware there were no other religions other than Buddism...so that is not a good example.

That's why we have a separation between church and state. Having said that...it's a two way street, Grump.

I don't agree.

If edited they should not be in quotes.
to put them in quotes is a deception.

Not at all...I made it perfectly clear that this is what the candidates WOULD say if they had the certitude to be honest and not speak with a wink, nod and their fingers crossed ' sure I'm saying this but we all know I don't mean it.'

Last edited:
How about the Obama quote?

How can you forget the bible and gun clingers quote, support of the assault weapons ban and his handgun questionnaire from Illinois?

"FactCheck: Yes, Obama endorsed Illinois handgun ban

Obama was being misleading when he denied that his handwriting had been on a document endorsing a state ban on the sale and possession of handguns in Illinois. Obama responded, “No, my writing wasn’t on that particular questionnaire. As I said, I have never favored an all-out ban on handguns.”

Actually, Obama’s writing was on the 1996 document, which was filed when Obama was running for the Illinois state Senate.

A Chicago nonprofit, Independent Voters of Illinois, had this question, and Obama took hard line:

35. Do you support state legislation to:

a. ban the manufacture, sale and possession of handguns? Yes.
b. ban assault weapons? Yes.
c. mandatory waiting periods and background checks? Yes.

BITTER-GATE

April 11th produced "Bittergate." The Huffington Post website posted an explanation Obama gave at a private fundraiser in San Francisco of the challenges he faced with working-class voters in Pennsylvania and Indiana. "It's not surprising they get bitter," he said, referring to decades of constrained economic opportunities. "They cling to guns or religion or antipathy to people who aren't like them or anti-immigrant sentiment or anti-trade sentiment as a way to explain their frustrations."

Barack Obama on Gun Control

The one where he said he would just keep issuing waivers, blah blah.

Santorum is honest.

Now, what's the beef with Santorum, he says he is personally opposed to contraception...but believes that out is a personal choice that the government should have no say in one way our the other."

Except Santorum said states should have to right to ban birth control.

I expect better from you, are you really this poorly informed?

Or is this from the Romney negative ad disinformation playbook?

What he said was states already do have the power to ban birth control, just like they have the power to ban alcohol, smoking, bath salts, and pseudo ephedrine...but that they should not and would not.

Santorum: " “I was asked if I believed in it, and I said, ‘No, I’m a Catholic, and I don’t.’ I don’t want the government to fund it through Planned Parenthood, but that’s different than wanting to ban it; the idea I’m coming after your birth control is absurd. I was making a statement about my moral beliefs, but I won’t impose them on anyone else in this case. I don’t think the government should be involved in that. People are free to make their own decisions.’’

<SNIP>

Santorum: "Birth control should be legal in the United States. The states should not ban it, and I would oppose any effort to ban it.’’

Rick Santorum: &lsquo;The idea I&rsquo;m coming after your birth control is absurd&rsquo; - She the People: - The Washington Post

Please, let's stick to the facts and leave the disinformation to the liberals.

You're wanting me to how down to the religious right and I won't do it. It is you who is not informed if you think Santorum didn't say that about birth control. There are scores of sources quoting him as saying he thinks states should have the right to ban birth control. He is contradicting himself in your link.

Forum List

Back