Left Now Engaged in Criminal Activity to Silence Rush

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Big Fitz, Mar 11, 2012.

1. Big Fitz

Big Fitz User Quit *****

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,475
    • Thank You! Thank You! x 7
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2012
  2. WillowTree

WillowTree Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14,670
    I will never vote democrat again, I don't give a shit who it is. they are corrupt to their corps.. :eusa_whistle:

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
  3. Sweet Willy

Sweet Willy BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +180
    I don't think this is "criminal". It may violate civil code of some sort but there is no criminal offense here.

4. Baruch Menachem

Baruch Menachem '

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,305
    from the article.....

• Thank You! Thank You! x 3
  5. Sweet Willy

Sweet Willy BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +180
    I had forgotten how this thing works about giving credits and taking credits from the little light meter up there.

Willow, I was only pointing out that this is probably not a criminal offense. The violation, according to the article, is the fact these recordings didn't properly identify themselves. At least not to the satisfaction of the person writing the article. This writer claims that because he doesn't know who "The 99% Womens Group" (or who ever these people are) is, that this violates the regulation that robocalls must identify who is sponsoring the call. It's just really thin to begin with and in addition, I don't see where any kind of charges have been made, much less has anyone been been convicted of anything and even if that were the case, it's not something covered by "criminal" code. We don't generally refer to speeders as criminals. Or any number of civil infractions or misdemeanors. Had the author of this topic said "illegal activity" then I wouldn't have raised a peep. But "criminal" is just misleading. No criminal offense here.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  6. Sweet Willy

Sweet Willy BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +180
    And that's a very thin statement to base a judgement of illegal on, much less criminal. The group did identify itself, the author just claims there is no known group by that name. Well.... known to whom?

If the group can be identified by this name, there is nothing even illegal, much less criminal.

7. Big Fitz

Big Fitz User Quit *****

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,475
    The letter of the law is the letter of the law. The spirit of the law was long killed off by the left as unimportant.

8. Baruch Menachem

Baruch Menachem '

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,305
    They have to be incorporated somewhere. They have to have at least of 503(c) application on file. And the failure to provide the callback number is defined as illegal. It may be a misdemeanor instead of a felony, but it is still illegal.

You note from the article that they block access to the return phone number.

They are definitely in breach of laws on fun raising too, if no one knows of them.

9. Sweet Willy

Sweet Willy BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +180
    I don't disagree with you. I'm actually holding you to the letter of the law and this isn't criminal. It's not a criminal violation anymore than a parking ticket is a criminal violation. We separate criminal code and civil code for a reason. The letter of the law says this isn't a criminal offense. Your title is misleading. No crime here. No criminals. Perhaps some "violators".

10. Sweet Willy

Sweet Willy BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +180
    And I wouldn't dispute any of that, if it turns out to be the case.

But it's still not "criminal". That's just inflamatory hyperbole.