How can Obama pick this person for the Supreme Court?

She is the Solicitor General, the top legal representation in the Supreme Court.

Ya all crazy, ya heah.

Yes, she will win ratification by 71 to 29 at the best, 64 to 36 at the worst, and she will be far better than Alito and potentially as good as Roberts.

Of course she'll win. And a dog turd would be better than Alito. I don't have any problem with Roberts, I don't agree with him but he's intellectually honest as far as his POV goes. And he'll gain strength and independence with time on the bench. If she's at Roberts' level she'll do all right.

What on earth does a fair and partial jury have to do with the Supreme Court?

And it's obvious why he picked her. She is like him.
You can ALWAYS tell a mindless DittoTard drone parroting the talking points they were programmed to echo. :cuckoo: :rofl:

Barack Obama Chooses Himself
May 10, 2010
RUSH: Look, Obama has chosen himself in a different gender, sexual gender.* Identical.

First, I said this before Rush was even on.

Second, I havent heard Rush's opinion on the matter.

Third, look at her record.

If Rush agrees with me, great. He isn't exactly a moron. Maybe if you spent time actually evaluating the arguments instead of pretending an argument has no merit simply based on who says it, you would learn something.
Your MessiahRushie opened his show with it, over 9 hours BEFORE you posted in this thread.
Sturrering LimpTard the Sophist is a pathological liar, it's the mindless drones who parrot him who are morons.

She is nothing like Obama so LimpTard's argument is worthless especially coming from you.

Kagan is as qualified as Harriet Miers to be on the SCOTUS.

Just sayin'.

She's an Obama Crony. She's not 'Moderate' by any stretch of the imagnation. And that's all you need to know.

She is a test case of Obama's statement to the effect of 'Cronyism' and "Business as Usual in Washington". It's another case of another colossal LIE Obama told the American people in '08.

You might as well call her Elena Obama. According to the WSJ? She's "Another reliable liberal who could transform the Supreme Court. "
As Obama is trying to 'Transform' The United States in his ideology to take over everything in this Republic.

She's got ZERO judicial experience...and less of a paper trail for her to be on the court.

There are two things as to why Obama wants her...She worked with him at the University of Chicago, and for the first time there would be THREE women on the court.

And if that wasn't enough? She would bring 'Personal experience' to the court. [Wrong answer]. Her distain for the military aside? Would she be an ardent Judge to the Constitution, and be blind to her experience as the LAW demands?

She's not the right choice in my view. She's an activist in the mold of Obama himself.

Articles:

• HotAir: Kagan Gets SCOTUS Appointment - Ed Morrissey
• Investor's Business Daily: Elena Kagan: Gas Guzzler And Tree Hugger?
• Newsbusters: CNN's Toobin Says He Was In Kagan's Study Group
at Law School, But Her Views are a 'Mystery' to Him?

• Heritage Foundation: Elena Kagan's Double Standard
• American Thinker: Elena Kagan and the Yale-Harvard Nexus
• FOXNews: Kagan's Role Against Military Recruitment Scrutinized

Indeed. If the Dems had any intellectual honesty about this nominee, they would oppose her - just as many members of the GOP did with Miers.

I realize that it is incomprehensible to you that anyone can think for herself and come to her own conclusions on a public matter which affects her life - but some of us actually do such a thing.

Only to people who don't see the glaring parallels between Crony Kagan and Crony Miers.

Kagan has such a thin published record it is nearly transparent. Her only apparent "qualification" is that she is an ivy league crony of the Obama circle. Period.

That just doesn't cut it for a lifetime appointment to the SCOTUS, afiac.

Let me guess, you'd do better.

She is qualified. I don't know enough about her opinions to know if I like her per se, but there's nothing wrong with her resume.

Not many people seem to. I would have thought the left had deeper bench than this.

If she'd been on the bench it would make finding her stances easier. That's one thing about a practitioner as opposed to an academic who's been publishing or a judge who's been issuing opinions, it'll take some research to get the real story on her. Too bad the confirmation hearings aren't more than a dog and pony show. And the media is worthless on this kind of thing, even the ones without a dog in the partisan fight oversimplify to the point of inaccuracy assuming we're all idiots.

The Bork hearings. Now that was a show! I can't imagine the GOP mounting anything like that, though. Not even today with alternative media.

Period, crap. You lied earlier, you lie now. Being the Dean of Harvard Law and being the Solicitor General means qualified. Watch the rating the ABA turns out for her. You conloons are fun to watch squirm.

No experience?

She is the Solicitor General. That makes her the TOP LITIGATOR in the United States.

Now, you want to talk about experience? How many cases was Thomas involved in as "judge"?

Whereas I agree that a litigator is no less capable of being a SCOTUS judge than a precticing judge, I disagree that being the appoointed top litigator for the US is evidence that sher would make a great judge.

Heck, do you think Robert Shapiro would make a great SCOTUS judge?

I dont give a hoot who is the President that taps the shoulder of a contender. All I care about is a proven ability to see things clearly from all sides.

And I can not find squat about her that proves this.

What criteria did Obama use to pick her? Gut feeling? Is that how it is supposed to be done?

I dont think so.

Obama has known her for 20 years. She was the Dean of Harvard. She is the Solicitor General and basically works at the Supreme Court.

People are acting like she is "Harriet Meyers". What is wrong with you people? Oh, that's right, I forgot how much Republicans hate Obama. Sorry.

Someone said Republicans hate Obama so much, they would reject "Moses" if he were nominated by Obama.

Not many people seem to. I would have thought the left had deeper bench than this.

If she'd been on the bench it would make finding her stances easier. That's one thing about a practitioner as opposed to an academic who's been publishing or a judge who's been issuing opinions, it'll take some research to get the real story on her. Too bad the confirmation hearings aren't more than a dog and pony show. And the media is worthless on this kind of thing, even the ones without a dog in the partisan fight oversimplify to the point of inaccuracy assuming we're all idiots.

The Bork hearings. Now that was a show! I can't imagine the GOP mounting anything like that, though. Not even today with alternative media.

The Bork hearings is when I finally broke with the Reaganites. I realized they were only about Big Business and keeping the working classes down. Bork, a scholar who got as far as 1781. Jumping Jehosphat!

No experience?

She is the Solicitor General. That makes her the TOP LITIGATOR in the United States.

Now, you want to talk about experience? How many cases was Thomas involved in as "judge"?

Whereas I agree that a litigator is no less capable of being a SCOTUS judge than a precticing judge, I disagree that being the appoointed top litigator for the US is evidence that sher would make a great judge.

I dont give a hoot who is the President that taps the shoulder of a contender. All I care about is a proven ability to see things clearly from all sides.

What criteria did Obama use to pick her? Gut feeling? Is that how it is supposed to be done?

I dont think so.

Obama has known her for 20 years. She was the Dean of Harvard. She is the Solicitor General and basically works at the Supreme Court.

People are acting like she is "Harriet Meyers". What is wrong with you people? Oh, that's right, I forgot how much Republicans hate Obama. Sorry.

Someone said Republicans hate Obama so much, they would reject "Moses" if he were nominated by Obama.

Moses didn't care for idols.

Only to people who don't see the glaring parallels between Crony Kagan and Crony Miers.

Kagan has such a thin published record it is nearly transparent. Her only apparent "qualification" is that she is an ivy league crony of the Obama circle. Period.

That just doesn't cut it for a lifetime appointment to the SCOTUS, afiac.

I didn't know Harriet was the Dean of Harvard. What year was that?

Ah, the Bork hearings. Bork is an absolute genius, actually. And a visionary. Problem is, like a lot of geniuses and visionaries he became a crusader. SCOTUS wasn't the place for him, rejecting him was the right thing to do. But that was one hell of a circus, if I'd been a Dem I would have been a little embarrassed.

Her background is mostly academic. She had a stint in the Clinton White House as an Associate White House Counsel (Miers parallel). Then back to academia, and something else:

From 2005 through 2008, Kagan was a member of the Research Advisory Council of the Goldman Sachs Global Markets Institute.

Elena Kagan - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Wow!.

She became Solicitor General in 2009. The bulk of her career is academic. Just what we need, more ivy league entitlement oriented elitists telling the rest of us how to live.

That Goldman Sachs thing is very interesting. I'd love more G2 on that one.

She is the Solicitor General, the top legal representation in the Supreme Court.

Ya all crazy, ya heah.

Yes, she will win ratification by 71 to 29 at the best, 64 to 36 at the worst, and she will be far better than Alito and potentially as good as Roberts.

What ever you are smoking Jake you should share. :lol: :lol: :lol:

No surprise that Barry picked her, I have no problem that she has never served as a Judge, it is her Political stance that troubles me. The Constitution is the foundation of our rule of law, subject to change by amendment, not fantasy or imagination, or dreamed up usurpations. It is not a living document in any other way. By treating it such, it is disgraced. Social Justice is an oxymoron and not compatible with equal Justice or Federalism.

I dont think so.

Moses didn't care for idols.

I love that show. I'm watching it right now. Crystal just did an amazing duet.

Ya all crazy, ya heah.

What ever you are smoking Jake you should share. :lol: :lol: :lol:

No surprise that Barry picked her, I have no problem that she has never served as a Judge, it is her Political stance that troubles me. The Constitution is the foundation of our rule of law, subject to change by amendment, not fantasy or imagination, or dreamed up usurpations. It is not a living document in any other way. By treating it such, it is disgraced. Social Justice is an oxymoron and not compatible with equal Justice or Federalism.

Any particular example?

Forum List

Back