How big of a pay cut should employees take to give their CEO a 300% raise?

How big of a pay cut should employees take fund a 300% raise for their CEO?

• >50%

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • 25%-50% (the answer that the owners of Hostess would give)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1%-24%

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • 0%

Votes: 8 66.7%

• Total voters
Yeah that makes sense. When unions demand a 0% pay raise they need to be punished.

You know, we do just fine in right to work states. Our cost of living is cheaper and we have a much lower unemployment rate than union states. Union demands eventually end up killing companies.

and they suck off us Taxpayers with Government jobs..

But you can't get that through peoples heads
Key word is "us taxpayers". You believe that government jobs have no value. So, quit driving on our roads, don't use the national parks, and then come back and complain. In the interim, the majority of people do not believe that gov jobs do not have value.

You know, we do just fine in right to work states. Our cost of living is cheaper and we have a much lower unemployment rate than union states. Union demands eventually end up killing companies.

Key word is "us taxpayers". You believe that government jobs have no value. So, quit driving on our roads, don't use the national parks, and then come back and complain. In the interim, the majority of people do not believe that gov jobs do not have value.

The military is VERY valuable to this nation, and it's a government job.

Where's the "it's none of your fucking business" option in the poll?

in a serious sense government jobs have little value:

1) they get paid about double what they'd get in the private sector for a comparable job. We could solve our unemployment problem by cutting their pay in half and hiring millions of the unemployed with saved money.

2) goverment workers don't invent new products so don't help the economy grow. Accordingly, they should always be minimized in terms of pay and numbers

The military is VERY valuable to this nation, and it's a government job.

omg...:rolleyes:
get real, we are talking UNIONS

What Hostess should have done was close all of their bakeries in union states and beefed up their operations in right to work states.

Yeah that makes sense. When unions demand a 0% pay raise they need to be punished.

yes exactly,

1) unions have driven 30 million jobs off-shore

2) they should be made illegal since unionism it is merely a violent way for a liberal special interest group to raise prices that the rest of us must pay in higher prices.

Righties -

Please explain how a union going on strike a couple weeks ago causes a bankruptcy filing 10 months ago. As a physicist I would definitely be interested in anything that violates causality - and this certainly does.

How did they do it? Did they build a time machine?

tumblr_lui4cbmLBf1qzs4rbo1_1280.jpg

or build a wormhole ?
wormhole_graphic.jpg

I'd be very interested to know!

Thanks guys!

(You can't fix stupid when it's this deep in the fabric. I'm going to try to talk to him in a way he can understand, wish me luck)

Yo! How you be?

Righties -

Please explain how a union going on strike a couple weeks ago causes a bankruptcy filing 10 months ago. As a physicist I would definitely be interested in anything that violates causality - and this certainly does.

or build a wormhole ?
wormhole_graphic.jpg

Thanks guys!

Unions have been milking Hostess dry for years. A company could survive bankruptcy but continuing threats of strikes would put any company out of business. The bakers union literally killed the golden goose. Thanks to union greed the venerable "twinkie" has been forever erased from American culture. I guess phony health food nut Michelle Obama didn't shed too many tears.

Democrats have no idea what bankruptcy is, they think it's like instant suicide or liquidation.

How can you have a conversation with people this fucking stupid and ignorant?

:lmao:

time machine? Physicist? Worm hole? How did they end up in bankruptcy?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JJHbnMATqGc]sheldon cooper scared leonard - YouTube[/ame]

I guess hostess is now even with the unions.

Righties -

or build a wormhole ?

Thanks guys!

So You need "Righties" to explain to You why nobody wanted to invest into a business which is being ruined by unions ?
Who would...? You...?
Long before bankruptcy is filed any such company tries to re-finance ,.
But we all know what idiots like You think about institutions (like Bain Capital) that try to do just that
Why don`t You explain to us why a union would go on strike 10 month after a business already filed for bankruptcy.
Causality was not violated. The wormholes existed and they were and still are in the brains of people like You who defend unions that worsen the situation. Unions are not secured creditors, but they expect by going on strike that the secured creditors are supposed to fork over even more money for them after they have to settle for just a fraction of their investment. Restructuring a bankrupt business can be done. But You cant` sell a house to someone who might be willing to repair it when it`s obvious that the rats have tenant rights.

Righties -

or build a wormhole ?
wormhole_graphic.jpg

Thanks guys!

Unions have been milking Hostess dry for years. A company could survive bankruptcy but continuing threats of strikes would put any company out of business. The bakers union literally killed the golden goose. Thanks to union greed the venerable "twinkie" has been forever erased from American culture. I guess phony health food nut Michelle Obama didn't shed too many tears.

How so? What demands were made that took the company from success to insolvency? What healthcare costs were shifted from worker to Hostess? What exactly did the union workers do to cause the failure?

School me, if you know. If not, you're talking out your ass.

Righties -

or build a wormhole ?
wormhole_graphic.jpg

Thanks guys!

By what stretch of the imagination was Hostess the "Golden Goose"?

They had been losing money for years, their market was disappearing and their workers were enduring steady cuts in wages and benefits

The Hostess workers need to start a new company where the workers make $200K each, to start, and there is no senior management

The Hostess workers need to start a new company where the workers make $200K each, to start, and there is no senior management

I doubt if the amnagement strategy could be much worse than current Hostess management.

Ignore food trends that have been emerging for twenty years
Triple the salary of your CEO before entering bankruptcy
Balance your books on the backs of your workers

Forum List

Back