How big of a pay cut should employees take to give their CEO a 300% raise?

How big of a pay cut should employees take fund a 300% raise for their CEO?

• >50%

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • 25%-50% (the answer that the owners of Hostess would give)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1%-24%

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • 0%

Votes: 8 66.7%

• Total voters
Unions stopped them from getting saved a year or so ago. Hard-headed fucks. Now look at em

Unions have been milking Hostess dry for years.
That's not even true. The union has done nothing but accept pay and compensation cuts since IBC first got into trouble years ago. In the meantime executive pay has skyrocketed. Its actually the executives who have been milking the company dry. Your statement is in no way rooted in factual reality. You're also a total fucking moron.

Unions stopped them from getting saved a year or so ago. Hard-headed fucks. Now look at em

The workers started loaning their pension contributions - for an indefinite period - to the company last year, while the CEO who was there less than a year before departing got massive bonuses. Your statement is the opposite of what happened in the real world.

Hostess management runs the company into the ground and then tries to balance the books on the backs of the employees

The Hostess workers need to start a new company where the workers make $200K each, to start, and there is no senior management

I doubt if the amnagement strategy could be much worse than current Hostess management.

Ignore food trends that have been emerging for twenty years
Triple the salary of your CEO before entering bankruptcy
Balance your books on the backs of your workers

You left out unions demanding blood from a turnip.

The Hostess workers need to start a new company where the workers make $200K each, to start, and there is no senior management

I doubt if the amnagement strategy could be much worse than current Hostess management.

The unions already accepted cuts to save the turnip

It was Management that took their pay raises from a dying turnip

The unions have done nothing but take pay and compensation cuts.

Unions do nothing but extort money from working men and women.....They are leeches.

The vultures who bought Hostess thought it should be around 30%.

Their employees disagreed. I guess they're just greedy, right?

Employees don't give raises you idiot.

And an employer can pay whatever he wants. If you don't like it you are free to get another job.

Last edited:

And they were presented with more and chose unemployment instead.

Unions do nothing but extort money from working men and women.....They are leeches.

That's not what happened with IBC. The union took a massive pay cut in 2005, loaned their pension contributions to the company in 2011, and is now being asked to take further pay cuts.

I'm not sure you actually have any idea what you're talking about.

Hostess management runs the company into the ground and then tries to balance the books on the backs of the employees

Their choice since they own the business.

Maybe they wanted to get out and sell off the company so what?

What you people don't understand is that if you don't own the business then you have no say as to how it's run or whether or not the company closes.

It's the risk you take when working for someone other than yourself

Their choice but the unions fault.

Got it.

So.. that means its the union's fault.

Got it.
What you people don't understand is that when you don't own the business then you have no say as to how it's run or whether or not the company closes.
Actually that's not true. You get a say as to whether or not you will accept the managements offers of pay and compensation in exchange for your labor.

Last edited:

The vultures who bought Hostess thought it should be around 30%.

Their employees disagreed. I guess they're just greedy, right?

Employees don't give raises you idiot.

And an employer can pay whatever he wants. If you don't like it you are free to get another job.

If you don't like it you're free to go out of business.

What you people don't understand is that if you don't own the business then you have no say as to how it's run or whether or not the company closes.

It's the risk you take when working for someone other than yourself

But you do have a say in how much of a pay cut you are willing to accept

If the company says, " If you accept half pay, I will be able to make more profit"the worker does not have to accept it. In this case, they didn't

That's not what happened with IBC. The union took a massive pay cut in 2005, loaned their pension contributions to the company in 2011, and is now being asked to take further pay cuts.

I'm not sure you actually have any idea what you're talking about.

The union didnt. No that would be the workers did that....The union just kept on living off the sweat of others.

Forum List

Back