How big of a pay cut should employees take to give their CEO a 300% raise?

How big of a pay cut should employees take fund a 300% raise for their CEO?

• >50%

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • 25%-50% (the answer that the owners of Hostess would give)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1%-24%

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • 0%

Votes: 8 66.7%

• Total voters
What "union situation" is this? The one where unions go on strike after you cut out their pension benefit and ask them for a 30% pay cut after giving yourself a big pay hike?

As for the financial situation - buying companies in a bad situation on the cheap to raid them for cash is exactly what vulture capitalists do.

I don't give a fuck if they gave themselves a 9,000% pay raise, it's their fucking company. The Union lost everyone their jobs, you are just to fucking libtarded to understand you are the reason people are so poor.

And when they run it into the ground its the employees fault? How the fuck does that work?

Not the CEO's fault, but the workers and the same group say it is Obama's fault not the citizens fault...

Does no one else see a contradictory parallel here?

Does asking your employees to take a 30% pay cut after you've given yourself a 300% raise work? That sort of behaviour is consistent with vulture capitalism - and what a coincidence, Hostess is owned by vultures. They never intended to make the company solvent long term, they only intended to squeeze as much cash out of it as possible before complete liquidation.

It's HIS company I guess he can ask anything he wants...no one forcing YOU idiots to work for them

And he should expect his employees to take whatever offer he gives them?

no, they don't like it they can quit and look for another job.

have you even worked at a job or are you still in school?

sheesh

Last edited:
What "union situation" is this? The one where unions go on strike after you cut out their pension benefit and ask them for a 30% pay cut after giving yourself a big pay hike?

As for the financial situation - buying companies in a bad situation on the cheap to raid them for cash is exactly what vulture capitalists do.

I don't give a fuck if they gave themselves a 9,000% pay raise, it's their fucking company. The Union lost everyone their jobs, you are just to fucking libtarded to understand you are the reason people are so poor.

What is this their stuff?
A corporation is 1 individual, only 1 acording to the supremes.
And it is not just "their" money when they stop paying into the employee pension fund.

Oh buddy I sOOoOo agree with you!!!! America should just make it law that no one owns their business, now the employees do!!! Unless it comes to marketing, taxes, decisions, product development, hiring, firing (can't fire anymore!!) responsibility if and when the company goes bankrupt.

Basically owners just take all the risk, find capital that no longer exists because they can’t make more money than Obama deems “fair” and employee’s who now semi own a company as long as it’s not inconvenient just show up to work when they feel like it!

And it is not just "their" money when they stop paying into the employee pension fund.

Oh buddy I sOOoOo agree with you!!!! America should just make it law that no one owns their business, now the employees do!!! Unless it comes to marketing, taxes, decisions, product development, hiring, firing (can't fire anymore!!) responsibility if and when the company goes bankrupt.

Basically owners just take all the risk, find capital that no longer exists because they can’t make more money than Obama deems “fair” and employee’s who now semi own a company as long as it’s not inconvenient just show up to work when they feel like it!

So employees refusing to take pay cuts in the face of massive CEO pay hikes is like them "owning the company"

Got it.

Does asking your employees to take a 30% pay cut after you've given yourself a 300% raise work? That sort of behaviour is consistent with vulture capitalism - and what a coincidence, Hostess is owned by vultures. They never intended to make the company solvent long term, they only intended to squeeze as much cash out of it as possible before complete liquidation.

It's HIS company I guess he can ask anything he wants...no one forcing YOU idiots to work for them

And he should expect his employees to take whatever offer he gives them?

Nope, they can all quit or force the company to close it's doors, like they have...

Now they can go look for new jobs.

You are seriously one of the more stupid fuckin people on these boards.

So someone bought Hostess knowing the union and finiancial situation?
Who are the dumpasses?

Not so dumb, really.

Hostess was on it's way out.

Bottom line this was probably the plan all along. Grab the company..and parse it out. The problem was..how do you get rid of all the employees?

The vultures who bought Hostess thought it should be around 30%.

Their employees disagreed. I guess they're just greedy, right?

The problem with your math is the Employees pay adds up to a massive number that Dwarfs the CEO's Pay.

But don't worry the Union got the CEO to take a 100% pay cut, and all they had to do was all lose their jobs to get it.

So employees refusing to take pay cuts in the face of massive CEO pay hikes is like them "owning the company"

Got it.

Whew, you're fuckin stupid...

Who are the dumpasses?

Not so dumb, really.

Hostess was on it's way out.

Bottom line this was probably the plan all along. Grab the company..and parse it out. The problem was..how do you get rid of all the employees?

Problem? Seems like they knew just how to get rid of all the employee's, bring in the Unions. Oh, look, it worked! Now you backpeddle!

They should take a cut up to 100%. Profit's the bottom line. The workers should be proud to work for free, then even more wealth will be trickled back down on America.

They should take a cut up to 100%. Profit's the bottom line. The workers should be proud to work for free, then even more wealth will be trickled back down on America.

Trickled down? Yeah, like that has happened. Workers were making better wages in the 1970's than they are now as my chart in my previous post clearly shows. And that's trickle down? :confused: It's more like trickle up! :mad:

The workers don't own their jobs. They are contracted to perform services in exchange for compensation (whatever the agreement is). For the record here, since the LOLberal is referring to Hostess, the CEO increase is alleged. It can not currently be proven and therefore is unfounded and not a viable foundation for argument.

The means of production in this country are privately owned. So even if the increase is true it is not the business of the workers. Then everything Avorysuds said is true.

well too bad in the real life people aren't OWED a job and if they WANT to work they will negotiate a pay..or live in mommy's basement

Last edited:
I wonder what the absenteeism rate was at the factories ... in the auto industry its 20 percent daily.

lol, the vultures...yes the UNIONS were greedy and look what they got for it.

but hey make sure you join a Union and you can go around on a picket line and call your employer VULTURE and then go in the UnEmployment line

Who are the dumpasses?

Are you running for Tard of the Year? Your post just might get you there. By your logic, employers could pay employees basic minumum wage for less than 30 hours a week, but it's the employees' fault they're poor.

Way to look out for America's best interests there, chump. I'm sure some shark CEO will give you a prize. Go team you, woot.

Forum List

Back