How bad will the Blowback be on the impeachment?

I have yet to see a single poster on this forum propose a specific cut to the federal budget bigger than I have been all these years.

Not one.

My proposal would eliminate $1.4 trillion dollars a year of wealth redistribution/spending.

That EASILY wipes out the deficit, with plenty left over for lowering everyone's tax rates.

Also, I would raise the SS and Medicare eligibility age to 70, immediately, and index it to 9 percent of the population going forward.

That would create even more savings. BIGLY!

1. You'd have to gradually go from 65 to 70 over 10-15 years or so to make it palatable to the pols, or its DOA.
2. Please provide a link how you get that $1.4T in savings A YEAR, see section-E below, you would slow future growth but not affect current payouts

Here is my recommended Budget solution:

A. Hire another "Grace Commission" to audit and fix the Federal budget deficit

B. B. Cut Spending: [CUT up to $625b a year as needed]
1. Cut defense to 2017 levels of $600b until the Debt is reduced, saving $150b
2. Cut foreign aid $55b (until Debt is paid we can't borrow to give money away)
3. Cut Welfare $200b & Medicaid $200b (about half)
4. Cut education $20b (state responsibility)

US Government Defense Spending History with Charts - a www.usgovernmentspending.com briefing
Current US Defense Spending:
Year Military Veterans Foreign Aid Total Defense
2017 $598.70 billion $178.00 billion
$46.30 billion $823.00 billion
2018 $631.20 billion $180.40 billion $49.00 billion $860.50 billion
2019 $684.60 billion $202.10 billion $54.30 billion $941.00 billion
2020 $737.90 billion $219.20 billion $53.10 billion $1.00 trillion

C. To cover the $900b budget deficit the following taxes need to be raised:
1. Raise the top tax rate about 7% above 2016 levels +$400b
2. Implement a new 3% Fed sales tax +$400b
3. Implement a new transaction tax on all stocks & bonds
Impose a Tax on Financial Transactions | Congressional Budget Office +$100b
4. Implement a new remittances tax/fee on all money sent out of the US
https://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2018/05/tax_remittances_can_build_the_wall.html 2% of $140b is +$3b a year

D. Reform entitlements, Medicare & Social Security, currently projected to be insolvent in 2026 & 2034. There are MANY publicized "fixes" that extend SS & Medicare:

E. Here is the 2019 Federal Budget

Mandatory spending $2.74T
Social Security $878b
Medicare $625b
Medicaid $412b
Welfare $462b
Interest on the Debt $363b

Discretionary $1.3T
Defense $893.0b
HHS $70.0b
Education $59.9b
VA $83.1b
Homeland $52.7b
Energy Dept $29.2b
NNSA $15.1b
HUD $29.2b
State Dept $40.3b
NASA $19.0b
Foreign Aid $55.0b
All Other Agencies $78.1

Last edited:
Even though the partisans on both sides are locked in independents have been moving away from impeachment in recent polls we all know the Senate will not convict. This could very well help Trump win reelection and possibily cost the Democrats the House the Democrats who in 2018 fliped seats in areas Trump won in 2016 are being put in a very tough position they did not campaign on impeachment and that was not what the voters who voted did so for.

Even though the partisans on both sides are locked in independents have been moving away from impeachment in recent polls we all know the Senate will not convict. This could very well help Trump win reelection and possibily cost the Democrats the House the Democrats who in 2018 fliped seats in areas Trump won in 2016 are being put in a very tough position they did not campaign on impeachment and that was not what the voters who voted did so for.

50% approve impeachment - the hurt wont be as bad as RW numbnuts want it to be.

As I said the partisans are locked in but there is more to the country than just them something the LW numbnuts don’t comprehend.

It looks like the Ds have alienated a HUGE HUNK of the electorate at the very least
It seems likely that at least some of the house leadership will face criminal charges with Sedition and perjury being the most likely.
And there is a large likelihood that Pelosi will not be able to get the votes to impeach
The senate may not even pick up the impeachment for lack of due process.
The Horowitz report could easily lead to a special counsel and indictments.
Is there an upside to this action?
I think everyone is bored already. I know I am.

Half of America wants Trump not only impeached, but removed from office as well. That's a hell of a position to be campaigning from.

I know Trump likes a challenge, though. But he is showing a lot of signs of mental wear and tear because of this.
Good.

So, you can read minds?

Interesting.
It's Trump's pattern. Pay attention.
And FYI, Dufus - a President budget proposal is meaningless. It’s 100% on the shoulders of Pelosi.

Funny how the budget is no issue now.
Nope, you don't get to get away with that kind of reeking hypocrisy.

Here is the standard YOU set:

And Obama owns the debt he allowed. More debt than all Presidents combined.

So Trump owns the debt he has allowed.

Especially since he claimed HE would pay off the debt in eight years.

Trump: I will eliminate U.S. debt in 8 years
Your fake outrage at government spending is hilarious. Your call for big government and bitch at anything cut.
Call Nancy about your fake act.
Now, now, son. When you get caught being a reeking hypocrite, it is counter-productive to double down and make up lies about the one who called you on your bullshit.
There you go again, hypocrite.

BTW, stock market surged on the fantastic jobs report, have a nice day!

This whole stunt just reeks of stupidity.
Yeah, Trump's pretty stupid. I've always said so. His stunt with Ukraine was particularly stupid.

What kind of special idiot does it take to attempt to get another country to collude with you to rig the next election just moments after being investigated to see if you colluded with another country to rig the past election!?!?
That's a special kind of idiot alright-e-o. Daddy Trump Dumb.

giphy.gif

I am seriously curious to know what Trump supporters stand for.

It sure isn't small government, or balanced budgets, or morality, or standing up to our enemies.

I suspect the only thing they stand for is "We beat Hillary! Woo hoo!'

Like this is some kind of football match or something.
Pee Wee league flag football where the kiddos call each other silly juvenile names.

It looks like the Ds have alienated a HUGE HUNK of the electorate at the very least
It seems likely that at least some of the house leadership will face criminal charges with Sedition and perjury being the most likely.
And there is a large likelihood that Pelosi will not be able to get the votes to impeach

Trumps 57 State 2020 Sweep will be a bigger win that Reagan 1984
Even Obama still laughs about that 57 state faux pas. You look silly. And desperate.

Last edited:

Horseshit.

there was one poll, taken nov 17-21 and all of sudden every righty thinks it to be a continuous fact. It’s not.

Don’t you believe in The Rule of Law?

Don’t you think Nadler should be arrested if he refuses to comply with The Law?

Nadler is not above The Law, Right?

Complete and total pipe dreams.
Yet another thread for you folks to roll in like a dog in road kill. Enjoy yourselves, because that is ALL you are going to get from this, is dreams.

Democrats are impeaching because the evidence warrants it

You don’t defend the Constitution just when it is politically popular

Yet another thread for you folks to roll in like a dog in road kill. Enjoy yourselves, because that is ALL you are going to get from this, is dreams.
Talk about a fucking hypocrite. This POS POTUS broke the law.

I don’t think Americans care one way or another about impeachment when it comes time to vote

Americans either support Trump or they don’t.
Right now, most don’t

Democrats are impeaching because the evidence warrants it

You don’t defend the Constitution just when it is politically popular
You do not have any evidence, you only have hearsay and no direct witnesses
We have the Transcripts released by Trump and the testimony of those who were there. We also have the actions of the Trump administration during that period

What law did Trump break? I haven't seen any direct evidence presented in the hearings that Trump broke any law.
Face the fact that this impeachment is a partisan coup attempt based on bullshit as Law professor Turley explained.
There is no "high crime or high misdemeanor". Nancy calls Trump going to court to fight a subpoena "obstruction".
The impeachment will be defeated, and Trump will be re-elected. So enjoy the next 5-years.

What law did Trump break? I haven't seen any direct evidence presented in the hearings that Trump broke any law.
Face the fact that this impeachment is a partisan coup attempt based on bullshit as Law professor Turley explained.
There is no "high crime or high misdemeanor". Nancy calls Trump going to court to fight a subpoena "obstruction".
The impeachment will be defeated, and Trump will be re-elected. So enjoy the next 5-years.
Bribery

If you want your Javelin missiles, you had better give me what I demand

The blowback SHOULD be big, but it will be mitigated by all the fake news from the pigs at CNN. The election will be the only real test.

Forum List

Back