How bad will the Blowback be on the impeachment?

It looks like the Ds have alienated a HUGE HUNK of the electorate at the very least
It seems likely that at least some of the house leadership will face criminal charges with Sedition and perjury being the most likely.
And there is a large likelihood that Pelosi will not be able to get the votes to impeach
The senate may not even pick up the impeachment for lack of due process.
The Horowitz report could easily lead to a special counsel and indictments.
Is there an upside to this action?
Complete and total pipe dreams.
Yet another thread for you folks to roll in like a dog in road kill. Enjoy yourselves, because that is ALL you are going to get from this, is dreams.

Do you really think that with all the piss-poor drama and flop-sweat comedy the Democrats have been producing they will be able to retain any ratings?

This may well be their final season. :113:
I've been alternately hearing about the deaths of both parties for as long as I have been alive.

As have I, but the Democrats' clown hats now have a neon hammer-and-sickle motif, and such nonsense will simply not be permitted.

What kind of special idiot does it take to attempt to get another country to collude with you to rig the next election just moments after being investigated to see if you colluded with another country to rig the past election!?!?
The same kind of special idiot that believes either of those things happened, especially after 4 years of intense investigations that turned up absolutely NOTHING. Congratulations, idiot.
The Mueller investigation turned up heavy Russian interference in the 2016 election, along with at least 4 counts of obstruction by Trump into that investigation. Several people have been indicted, arrested, and jailed. Some hoax!

The Ukraine investigation has turned up evidence Trump attempted to collude with the Ukraine to rig the 2020 election.

Trump must have felt that since he was "exonerated" from colluding with Russia that he could get away with actually colluding with Ukraine.

That takes a special kind of idiot.

This is how the Ukraine fantasy played out in Trump's head:

TRUMP: I want you to do us a favor and announce to the world you are investigating Joe Biden. If you want to visit me in the White House to show the world the US is behind you, I want you to announce you are investigating Biden. I don't care if you actually do investigate him. Just announce you are.

ZELENSKY: Okay...I guess so.

Not long after:

ZELENSKY: We are opening an investigation into Burisma and Joe Biden

The day after, on the White House lawn:

TRUMP: The Ukraine is investigating Biden! Why would they do that if he had not done something wrong! Are you taking notes? Zelensky said he is investigatiing Biden! He said that!

That's how all of Trump's cons works.

This one blew up in his face because he got caught and was outed by the whistleblower before Trump got to bring his con to fruition.

It looks like the Ds have alienated a HUGE HUNK of the electorate at the very least
It seems likely that at least some of the house leadership will face criminal charges with Sedition and perjury being the most likely.
And there is a large likelihood that Pelosi will not be able to get the votes to impeach
Yet another thread for you folks to roll in like a dog in road kill. Enjoy yourselves, because that is ALL you are going to get from this, is dreams.

Do you really think that with all the piss-poor drama and flop-sweat comedy the Democrats have been producing they will be able to retain any ratings?

I've been alternately hearing about the deaths of both parties for as long as I have been alive.

As have I, but the Democrats' clown hats now have a neon hammer-and-sickle motif, and such nonsense will simply not be permitted.
That's pretty funny seeing as how Putin helped Trump get elected, and Trump has publicly fellated Putin.

The whole Ukraine hoax was invented by Putin and Trump fell for it hook, line, and sinker.

It's Okay When Trump Does It!™

I really should make some hats with that.
When he does what? He did nothing. Schiff lied again.

I'm old enough to remember the "Clinton fatigue" which had set in by 2000. That was probably the chief reason Clinton didn't get the nomination in 2008.

It seems to me "Trump fatigue" has set in already. People are catching on to Trump. They knew he was a big, fat liar when they voted for him, but I think they are starting to ask themselves what exactly they are supporting for if he doesn't actually stand for anything but the furtherance of his ego.

I know I'm getting sick of my 401k growing so fast. I want the dems in there to tax the shit out of everything again.

I doubt you have a 401k --

Under Obama, the S&P 500 grew by 56.4%. The Dow Jones Industrials Average was up 50.6% and the Nasdaq, 92.9%.

The numbers under Trump were 21.4% for the S&P 500, 25.2% for the Dow, and 34.2% for Nasdaq.

less than half of Obama and all of a sudden you're rich-

yeah, riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

You can't compare the Obama growth rate of coming out of the "great recession" with normal economic growth. Obama had $800b of TARP stimulus, zero interest rates, plus $4T of the Fed's balance sheet to help get over the financial crisis. Trump has the Fed shrinking its balance sheet and the economy is still doing well. Comparing apples to apples Trump's economy is
Feds-Balance-Sheet.jpg

Even with that much stimulus you can see below that the Obama economy stalled out the last 2-years, then Trump got it moving again.
upload_2019-12-6_14-24-59.png

They’ve awakened a sleeping tiger.

That's pretty funny seeing as how Putin helped Trump get elected, and Trump has publicly fellated Putin.

The whole Ukraine hoax was invented by Putin and Trump fell for it hook, line, and sinker.
Mueller and his high price lawyers spent two years trying to nail Trump. You in your mom’s basement in your pajamas did not break the case.

I'm old enough to remember the "Clinton fatigue" which had set in by 2000. That was probably the chief reason Clinton didn't get the nomination in 2008.

It seems to me "Trump fatigue" has set in already. People are catching on to Trump. They knew he was a big, fat liar when they voted for him, but I think they are starting to ask themselves what exactly they are supporting for if he doesn't actually stand for anything but the furtherance of his ego.

I know I'm getting sick of my 401k growing so fast. I want the dems in there to tax the shit out of everything again.
As I just said, Trump's future is entirely dependent on the economy. If he crashes it, he's fucked.

The Dow has been flat ever since Trump started his trade war. He brought a nine year rise to a screeching halt. Your 401k would be growing much faster without the tariff war.

It would be growing as fast, or faster, than it did during the Obama years.

The Dow was up 56 percent by this point in Obama's presidency, and that's after inheriting a stock market crashing in the opposite direction.

It's only up 41 percent for Trump's. And only 3 percent since the start of his tariff war.

Your 401k is being ripped off.

1. We finally agree on something. Trump's future depends on maintaining peace and prosperity.
2. The trade war is essential to rein in China. Temporary inconvenience, long term improvement. Do you support moving more factories to China, and allow them to steal IP?
3. You sound like you approve of China's Belt and Road Initiative - Wikipedia
"Some observers see it as a push for Chinese dominance in global affairs with a China-centered trading network"
4. You're an idiot if you think that huge 401k gains are a rip-off?!
5. Here's how Obama brought manufacturing jobs back

You make many false ASSumptions about me.

Number 4 explains why Trump is such a success and why you are such a sucker.

If a politician should have made you 50 dollars, but instead made you 10 dollars, and then someone told you that you got ripped off, you'd be pretty stupid to feel overjoyed about that 10 bucks when you could have made 50.

I'm with Siete. I doubt you have a 401(k).

Please see post #25

As I just said, Trump's future is entirely dependent on the economy. If he crashes it, he's fucked.

The Dow has been flat ever since Trump started his trade war. He brought a nine year rise to a screeching halt. Your 401k would be growing much faster without the tariff war.

The Dow was up 56 percent by this point in Obama's presidency, and that's after inheriting a stock market crashing in the opposite direction.

It's only up 41 percent for Trump's. And only 3 percent since the start of his tariff war.

1. We finally agree on something. Trump's future depends on maintaining peace and prosperity.
2. The trade war is essential to rein in China. Temporary inconvenience, long term improvement. Do you support moving more factories to China, and allow them to steal IP?
"Some observers see it as a push for Chinese dominance in global affairs with a China-centered trading network"

If a politician should have made you 50 dollars, but instead made you 10 dollars, and then someone told you that you got ripped off, you'd be pretty stupid to feel overjoyed about that 10 bucks when you could have made 50.

Please see post #25

There's more than one way to skin a cat and cheat the economy.

As I've explained many times, Trump artificially juiced the GDP growth by spending record amounts. Far more than Obama ever did.

GDP = C + I + G + (X – M)

or

GDP = private consumption + gross investment + government investment + government spending + (exports – imports).

There's the secret sauce of your huckster messiah. Trump spends other people's money in order to artificially juice the GDP figure.

Not just other people's money, he spends the money of the unborn, too.

He inherited a declining deficit, and immediately set to work doubling it with the GOP congress.

I am seriously curious to know what Trump supporters stand for.

It sure isn't small government, or balanced budgets, or morality, or standing up to our enemies.

I suspect the only thing they stand for is "We beat Hillary! Woo hoo!'

Like this is some kind of football match or something.

Please see post #25

Please see The Greatest Economy of all Time Needs... QE4...

And QE4Ever!

TRUMP: I want you to do us a favor and announce to the world you are investigating Joe Biden. If you want to visit me in the White House to show the world the US is behind you, I want you to announce you are investigating Biden. I don't care if you actually do investigate him. Just announce you are.

Not long after:

TRUMP: The Ukraine is investigating Biden! Why would they do that if he had not done something wrong! Are you taking notes? Zelensky said he is investigatiing Biden! He said that!

This one blew up in his face because he got caught and was outed by the whistleblower before Trump got to bring his con to fruition.
So, you can read minds?

Interesting.

It will blow over. Folks will take some humiliation in the news, write some books and about three years later they will get a wrist slap and then they will move on to be lobbyist or political consultants on any one of the cable news networks.

Not long after:

So, you can read minds?

Interesting.
It's Trump's pattern. Pay attention.

Trump Proposes a Record $4.75 Trillion Budget

You have to be literally schizophrenic to look at that and still tell yourself the Republican Party is for small government.
Fantastic!
That’s $60T less than if Hillary had won!
Wrong.

Independent analyses were done on Clinton's and Trump's proposed budgets before the election. I posted the results several times.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/politics/2016-election/candidate-plans-national-debt/

You were warned Trump's deficits would be significantly higher than Clinton's.

So as I said, you have to be literally schizophrenic to tell yourself the Republican Party is for small government.

"B-b-b-b-b-but Clinton" doesn't work, dipshit.

That the Democrats are nominally "worse than Trump" is no fucking excuse for not holding Trump accountable.

No fucking excuse at all.

That's the argument of a submissive, weak-minded cuck.

I'm old enough to remember the "Clinton fatigue" which had set in by 2000. That was probably the chief reason Hillary Clinton didn't get the nomination in 2008.

It seems to me "Trump fatigue" has set in already. People are catching on to Trump. They knew he was a big, fat liar when they voted for him, but I think they are starting to ask themselves what exactly they are supporting him for if he doesn't actually stand for anything but the furtherance of his ego.
It is not "Trump fatigue" as you call it but rather "Impeachment Fatigue". The population is tired of the never ending Trump Derangement syndrome being displayed by the democrats.
The nothing burger of the Mueller report, or the three ring circus of Schiff, Nadler and Pelosi no hard evidence exhibited and the so called "witnesses" who might as well have been singing REO's "I heard from a friend who heard it from a friend how heard it from a friend"
Face it, you have nothing and now you are losing more democrats and even CNN

The nothing burger of the Mueller report...
Dozens of indictments. Several convictions and prison sentences. Proof Putin massively interfered in the 2016 election.

Some "nothing burger!" :lol:

Keep telling yourself that.

A hundred years from now, all Americans will know about Donald J. Trump is that he was elected by Vladimir Putin and was impeached for trying to rig the 2020 election.

Forum List

Back